Voices of the girls as you imagine them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lightning_Tiger

Re: If Katawa Shoujo Had Voice's (except maybe Shizune)

Post by Lightning_Tiger »

Oh Noes :shock: ! I forgot this was originally in English >.<
How bout any voice actor also can ?
Xenokitten

Post by Xenokitten »

I'm glad it doesn't have voices for a few reasons:

1.) I can't stand most dubbed (that's english speaking) anime. (There are a few exceptions to some that were well done, but generally it's bad, really bad.)

2.) In visual novels I think I prefer no voices, it's like reading a book, it lets me visualize/imagine them to sound exactly how **I** want, which is better in the end. I do have ideas how characters sound when I read books/stories/or VN, maybe I'm crazy but I can *hear* differences as I'm reading silently to myself lol (hearing voices is usually a bad thing ;p hehe) And in the end, even a good voice actor still wouldn't get the voice exactly *right* in my mind. It wouldn't normally bother me as much, but after having played act one, now everyone has a voice in my head that goes along with their character :)
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Gilbert Gottfried and Miley Cyrus for everyone.
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

Morgan Freeman as Hisao and just call it a day.
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
Vertical

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Vertical »

Jim Cummings as Nomiya. (Don't know? Think Disney. Tigger. Pete. It's stuck in your head now)

Hugh Laurie for Muto, like he deserves.

Perez Hilton for Head Nurse.
Imagine me and you...
Lightning_Tiger

Post by Lightning_Tiger »

jijhijhet wrote:you seem to have forgotten Shizune
Lawl you seem to have forgotten Shizune is mute.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I don't know many animes but I'll give this a go anyway.

Hanako: Yes, she's certainly shy and timid like Hinata, and I believe that is the main comparison. But for me, I've always found her voice to be a little too high pitched for my tastes. As for Hanako, whenever I read her text, I imagine her speaking in a lower pitch than Hinata. While still being feminine, it would be deep, relative to most other girls of course. I also imagine a small rasp to it. It would be quiet, almost always whispering.

Emi: I don't imagine her voice to be as peppy as one would think. I can't really describe it very well, but in my head she sounds like a normal teenager. I can't think of any references either.

Rin: Rin's voice seems a bit dull, and bored to me. She would sound distant. Again, I can't put my finger on any reference voices. Perhaps the voices in my head are amalgamations of voices I've heard over the years.

Lilly: Her voice would carry a high-class air to it. She would be polite, and reserved. Almost always composed. A bit soft spoken too, but able to get her message across.

Misha: Very loud and happy. Other than that I'm at a loss as for what to give her for a voice.

Shizune: I know she can't talk but, if she could her voice would be decisive, and forceful when she's in business mode. She would be more soft spoken and kinder when she's in normal mode. And I don't mean normal for her, I mean when she acts more like a normal girl. As for her voice the drive and determination of Haruhi Suzumiya, combined with perhaps Mio Akiyama to bring her back to earth would be good.

Kenji: His dialogue is too hilarious and awesome to accurately make a voice for him.

Hisao: Kyon.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Haruhiist

Post by Haruhiist »

Rin can have the same voice as Matsurika from Maria+Holic.
And I'm trying to put Rie Kugimiya (Taiga, Shana etc.) somewhere, but...
smart, witty posts don't seem to be my thing.
that guy

Post by that guy »

Hanako: Mamiko Noto

Emi: Sayaka Aoki

Misha: Yui Horie
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

How about some Mamiko Noto for Hanako? I can't unhear it.
that guy

Post by that guy »

whiteflags wrote:I can't unhear it.
I know right.

Delicious voice is delicious.
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

Misha: Yui Horie (because Minori from Toradora is exactly how I hear Misha as)
Rin: Naoko Watanabe (Japanese) & Stephanie Sheh (English) (both voice Guu from Hare + Guu, in the original and dub and to be honest Guu = Rin)
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

I can't explain voice, so I'll just go ahead and use characters from cartoons or anime as such...
Hisao- Haseo from ".Hack Roots/G.U." (notice the resemblence of their name?) This is why my imagination gave him this voice.
Sounds like:
Kenji- Mandark from "Dexter's Labratory" This voice fits him pretty well because they both look like people who are crazy and in despair. But Kenji's voice would be a lower pitch, it wouldn't be that high. That would get annoying...
Sounds like: Huh, can't find one on youtube.... just look him up then people. Anywhere. -_-;
Shizune- She can't speak, but if she could, I would always imagine her with Asuna's voice from "Negima!" because they're both bossy. Nature can also affect voice, so it's a pretty close fit. ^-^
Sounds like:

I'll explain voices from the rest of the cast later...
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

whiteflags wrote:How about some Mamiko Noto for Hanako? I can't unhear it.
This. A thousand times this.
k8n

Post by k8n »

Lily:Reiri from kaibutsu oujo

Hanako:definitely Hinata

Rin: Fuko from Clannad

Emi: Sakura from Da Capo

Shizune:....Ungh!!

Hisao: Sasuke from naruto or own voice
When life overpowers death flesh takes form, when death overpowers life bones take form."

~Other Ichigo~