The plot speculations thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: The plot speculations thread

Post by Guest »

The obvious one is the conflict that could arise is between Misha and Shizune. Misha, for example, might feel like you're is trying to replace her in Shizune's life by getting closer to her, and you would have to assure her that it isn't the case, or something like that.
Assuming we have a Misha route avaliable, it'd probably be a matter of Shizune becoming rather jealous and/or scared of losing her 'voice' in the world, so to speak.
Agreed. If Misha doesn't end up dying, I can certainly see it becoming a "two's company, three's a crowd" situation.
But if you go for Lilly, I guess you'll see Hanako as sort of your sister or daughter to take care off together with Lilly, so Lilly-path should be some sort of family end, makes sense, since there's already that family-feeling in the Lilly-part (see the scene with her sister).
Hanako path on the other hand will make her probably less dependent on Lilly.
I kind of feel the same about the Hanako/Lilly paths. Lilly seems to lead quite a stressful life and as much as she enjoys Hanako's company, I can see Hanako being a bit of a burden on her. Hanako has become very dependant on Lilly to the point where she's really the only person she'll interact with and Lilly can't be there all the time due to family and school commitments.

I think if you go down Hanako's path, Lilly will be glad Hanako's coming out of her shell and it'll also lift one of the many burdens off of her back. If you go down Lilly's path, Hanako will appreciate just having a friend in the same class as well as someone to hang out with when Lilly's just too busy to meet with either of you. That's not to say there can't be any conflict in their paths as wires can be crossed etc but in the end, I think both of them will be happy that their friend found happiness and also be quite content at gaining a new friend in the MC as well.
I can't really see any kind of conflict like those on either the Emi or Rin route. The two of them are friends, but not really close in the same way as Misha/Shizune and Hanako/Lilly.
Yeah, and they also seem to be interested in the polar opposites of guys anyway: Emi only becomes interested in Hisao when he takes an active role in keeping fit whereas Rin seems to prefer Hisao when he's way more layed back. Can't really see them fighting over him.
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

Guest wrote:Agreed. If Misha doesn't end up dying, I can certainly see it becoming a "two's company, three's a crowd" situation.
I was more hoping along the lines of a token threesome.

Post by Guest »

ChaosEngine wrote:
Guest wrote:Agreed. If Misha doesn't end up dying, I can certainly see it becoming a "two's company, three's a crowd" situation.
Well, some people do like being part of the crowd...
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

I could see a Yandere-type Misha (on Shizune's route) or Hanako (on Lilly's route), but not to the point of violence.
ZettoSan wrote:It wouldn't be out of place to have a simple, nonsexual foot massage scene in the game. When Rin and Hisao become much closer, and she is like, "My feet get exhausted. Would it offend you to ask for a foot massage?"

I would find it cute.
Yes. This is acceptable. Much better than a footjob or stump-job or whatever.

If you're going to send the game down the path of degenerate fetishism, just fill it with gags about having Lilly walk into things, Emi tripping, Rin being offered handshakes, etc. and completely gloss over the main character's condition.
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

Guest wrote:A happy ending with Kenji CONFIRMED. Best bros 4 life.
Manly high-five after an epic showdown with the heroines, once and for all vanquishing the feminist conspiracy. Manly picnic follows.

Then you wake up naked, in the bathroom, with a hangover, and find out that he stole your money to order a pizza. And he didn't even leave any for you.
Guest wrote:
ChaosEngine wrote:
Well, some people do like being part of the crowd...
Kinda ménage à trois-ish, isn't it? Shizune as the wife, and Misha as the mistress. Om nom nom.
ParagonDoD wrote:I could see a Yandere-type Misha (on Shizune's route) or Hanako (on Lilly's route), but not to the point of violence.
I can definitely see a point where Misha snaps and just starts yelling at Hisao. Hisao drops some comment, Misha takes it the wrong way, snaps, freaks out and blames Hisao for stealing her Shicchan, then Shizune comes in and they have a crying group hug. Touching moment.
ZettoSan wrote:It
ParagonDoD wrote:wouldn't be out of place to have a simple, nonsexual foot massage scene in the game. When Rin and Hisao become much closer, and she is like, "My feet get exhausted. Would it offend you to ask for a foot massage?"

I would find it cute.
Yes. This is acceptable. Much better than a footjob or stump-job or whatever.
Oh god.

Giving Rin a foot massage would just be... HHNNNGGGGG.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
Kryptik

Post by Kryptik »

My thought on where the Shizune/Misha thing ends up (assuming the speculation that Misha's personal affliction is some sort of OCD):

Hisao and Shizune get closer, and with Hisao learning sign language, Misha is less and less necessary to act as an intermediary between the two. This turns out fine, until they start spending more time together, leaving Misha out of the loop.

With Misha being alone more and more, her compulsions start to get the better of her, without other friends to help keep it in check. Between Shizune's prompt behavior, and having to keep herself busy with signing and translating all the time, she starts regressing, to a point where school faculty is forced to take more active role in steering her out. This becomes a worry between Hisao and Shizune, with at least one of them thinking that it's their relationship that caused it and going on a guilt trip over it.
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

I'm slightly curious as to what role Akira will play in Lilly's route. She seems far too relaxed for the 'overprotective big sister' role, but it's possible.

My guess is she'll just tease Hisao about it, seeing as how she seems to approve of him well enough as a friend for Lilly.
Rhedak

Post by Rhedak »

1) Threesome with Misha and Shizuna
2) Kenji end where the female conspiracy actually turns out to be true and it's you who mistakely starts it. The game ends with you and Kenji fleeing the country on a nice boat.
3) If Misha doesn't get a route of herself then she should at least get a bad end where she turns Yandere and murders everyone. This should probably be triggered by Hisao two timing Shizune and some other girl and being caught by Misha. She reports this to Shizune, but Shizune refuses to leave him over this, making Misha snap.
Hisao eventually discovers the body (or parts of it) of the other girl and is sent on a hellish trip to figure out the idendity of the killer (this part is rushed trough) until he confronts Misha under a tree where she explains her masterplan and then poisens herself, but you lacking the mystic eyes of death perception can't do anything about it. Then you realize the medicin you took this morning had been switched, you fall on your knees in a loveless world and start clawing your own throat.

Well, that's just my wishful thinking here.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

The way the girls are paired off no matter which one you pick the other will go insane with rage and kill you for stealing away their partner. With the possible exception of Hanako who will probably just jump off the roof.

Hisao: "Hanako wait! Don't do it!"

Hanako: "N-n-no one loves me...."

The ultimate tragedy of Katawa Shojo, every end is a bad end. A thinly disguised retelling of Othello. :lol:
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Here's something I thought of. . .Rin's personality might be affected/fake due to insecurities

It's sort of foreshadowed at some points. . .notice how often her actions seem to be "rehearsed" or "artificial"? Sort of like how much the heart was mentioned in the intro.

It could make for a good emotional scene, but ultimately I hope it's not the case. I'm really stretching here anyway.
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?
davidsonshdw

Post by davidsonshdw »

Irony ending: everyone else dies of HNNNNNG; Hisao lives.
Kamizaki

Post by Kamizaki »

think they might let the girl who try to confess right in the beginning come back as a secret character? :shock:
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

Kamizaki wrote:think they might let the girl who try to confess right in the beginning come back as a secret character? :shock:
Turns out she's a really nice girl, but everybody blames her for giving Hisao a heart attack. But they come to realize that, without his heart attack, they would have never met Hisao.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

ParagonDoD wrote:Here's something I thought of. . .Rin's personality might be affected/fake due to insecurities

It's sort of foreshadowed at some points. . .notice how often her actions seem to be "rehearsed" or "artificial"? Sort of like how much the heart was mentioned in the intro.

It could make for a good emotional scene, but ultimately I hope it's not the case. I'm really stretching here anyway.
Thats interesting but I really think our understanding of people differs, if you constantly act a certain way that is part of you, just because it's due to insecurities doesn't mean it's not your conscious decision. It should generally be expected that everyone has certain circumstances where they no longer act in the expected way, a great example of this is when she is having problems with her period. I don't consider a persons personality to be "fake" just because their actions never occur in a perfectly blissful vacuum.

It has just occurred to me that there was probably no reason for you to use spoiler tags as we are on a plot speculation thread and what you said wasn't even really a spoiler anyway.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

ParagonDoD wrote:Here's something I thought of. . .Rin's personality might be affected/fake due to insecurities

"I am a Shadow, the true self"

Wait, wrong game :P