What character inspired you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Storywriter

What character inspired you?

Post by Storywriter »

Mine is Hanako. I have a low self esteem and seeing her overcome hers in the story does give me hope. She is overall my favorite character in Katawa Shoujo. Though that doesn't mean I don't like the others. I do find Emi enjoyable as her personality is a gem.
ReWrite

Re: What character inspired you?

Post by ReWrite »

My first playthrough(blind) I ended up with the Emi arc,

The realness of the situations, and reading what seemed ...almost like real people handling situations like they did made me feel like I was in that world and was engulfed, every situation hit me in a way I didn't expect,

Hisao's arrythmia, and Emi's outlook on life - despite her lack of limbs, the experiences he shares with her, and just how I felt after finishing her story - and especially as i've finished all other stories has made me revitalized my excitement about learning a foreign language, and I run every day now if my legs will let me,

I've felt depressed for years and had shut myself off to the world and I think reading this really made me unafraid to feel things again and helped me realize I can handle it, and that I need to appreciate and actually live my life,

I hope the last statement doesn't make me appear totally insane, I think i've just been in a bad place mentally for longer than I even realized.