Ridiculous or ridiculously awesome

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BcDed

Ridiculous or ridiculously awesome

Post by BcDed »

This is a ridiculous idea I just had but I think it would be awesome if there were those little dolls/figures/statues that all the other eros tend to have. I would totally want one.

On another note I'd like to request in the most polite and respectful way, that who ever does that kind of thing would please make more downloadable backgrounds. I think you probably should have at least one for each of the main characters and maybe kenji(obviously with the most erotic pose of them all).
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
ClckwrkLoyale

Re: Ridiculous or ridiculously awesome

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

BcDed wrote:This is a ridiculous idea I just had but I think it would be awesome if there were those little dolls/figures/statues that all the other eros tend to have. I would totally want one.

On another note I'd like to request in the most polite and respectful way, that who ever does that kind of thing would please make more downloadable backgrounds. I think you probably should have at least one for each of the main characters and maybe kenji(obviously with the most erotic pose of them all).
You mean SD?
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

and maybe kenji(obviously with the most erotic pose of them all).
Ahahaha yes.

Wasn't someone in the IRC talking about this? (or perhaps this topic was made beforehand)
But I agree, that would be awesome. Most likely would end up being a fan venture, probably.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I didn't mean sd I meant like the ones they always release of like rei and asuka or whatever.
I'm wondering what they were saying on the irc I haven't had time to check that out yet if you would be willing to share.
I'm glad there are eople who think the same way I do.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

BcDed wrote:I didn't mean sd I meant like the ones they always release of like rei and asuka or whatever.
I'm wondering what they were saying on the irc I haven't had time to check that out yet if you would be willing to share.
I'm glad there are eople who think the same way I do.
This is a free project bro, For them to do so they need to spend money, So i doubt your idea will ever happen seeing that even if the full version gets released, Non of the staff are getting a penny out of it.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I never expected them to do it I'm fully aware of the freeness of the project. Call it wishful thinking that somehow I would magically acquire figures of the characters. I never intended on it to actually be followed through it would just be cool if the figures were to exist, maybe fan made like a lot of people do. The last thing I want to do is turn this into a commercial property.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

BcDed wrote:I never expected them to do it I'm fully aware of the freeness of the project. Call it wishful thinking that somehow I would magically acquire figures of the characters. I never intended on it to actually be followed through it would just be cool if the figures were to exist, maybe fan made like a lot of people do. The last thing I want to do is turn this into a commercial property.
Well, I believe that if the project will appeal to people, Fans will probably makes those, Only time will tell.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

If it's big enough in Japan when it's released, it's not impossible that there will be figures... the original idea belongs to Raita, so they could talk to him about it. I wouldn't bet on it happening. Though I would pay for a figure of Hanako, SD or not.
ZettoSan

Post by ZettoSan »

A figure of Rin eating would be really cool, actually. If I became a therapist, I could always put it in my office, showing that even with no arms, you can still be normal.
I won't say 'See you tomorrow' because that would be like predicting the future, and I'm pretty sure I can't do that.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Hoping it would go out like this though, I'd really pay a huge sum for it:

http://www.tokyofantasy.com/product_inf ... pvc-figure
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Figmas or other kinds of figures would be cool, but I leave it to the creators. Heck, I'm not even sure about licensing. Does Raita own the original concept? Does he have the right to license Katawa Shoujo?
静音是买外夫
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I'm pretty sure that making a single sketch doesn't give you ownership of an entire game based on it.
I don't expect there to be any figures just wishful thinking, basically I always thought those perverted little statues were cool but never before had any series I'd be willing to shell out the money for.
This is my Purin-chan let me dream.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Warwick wrote:Figmas or other kinds of figures would be cool, but I leave it to the creators. Heck, I'm not even sure about licensing. Does Raita own the original concept? Does he have the right to license Katawa Shoujo?
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

That might help
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

RAITA owns the original concept page of course, but he does not own KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Gotcha. I understand Katawa Shoujo is under the Creative Commons license, but I was curious about the actual characters. Because Raita "created" the characters, does this give some kind of overarching control over how the characters are used? Katawa Shoujo (the game) does not allow for derivative works, but is it considered derivative of the original concept page, and if so, does this give Raita some kind of ownership?

I'm not a lawyer, so perhaps these questions are trivial. I'm sure the developers have already sorted this out, so feel free to answer or not. Just curious, anyway.
静音是买外夫