Tengen Toppa Katawa Shoujo!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nosson

Tengen Toppa Katawa Shoujo!

Post by Nosson »

Random idea I had, its all the KS characters as TTGL characters, heres what I think:

Misha would be Kamina, I mean she has fucking Drills for hair, how gar is that?
"Who the hell do you think I am? Hahahahahahaha~"

Hanako would be Simon, starting out as shy and thinking little of themselves, being very dependant on another person for support, but has the potential to rise above all else and Pierce the Heavens!

Shizune would be Yoko, She has the breasts for it after all, and basic personality fits pretty well too.

Rin would be Leeron, strange, yet a master of their chosen profession, plus very good with their hands, or feet in this case.

Hisao would be Kittan, I can't really think of a good reason why, he is hard to place, so just gonna go with this one.

Lilly would be Nia, proper girl with strange eyes and long beautiful hair.

Emi would be Rossiu, just becuase I think it would be funny.

Kenji would be Viral, a villian who is trying to crush the human (feminist) forces, but later joins with them.

So anyone have any ideas for the other characters? Maybe alternate character interpretations?
Blue Canary

Re: Tengen Toppa Katawa Shoujo!

Post by Blue Canary »

Yuuko as Attenborough...?

Yeah, I got nothing.
Edible Corpse

Post by Edible Corpse »

Kenji seems more to me like the guy with the clown nose who would randomly hit buttons and launch missiles. he was just doing it for the lulz
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Edible Corpse wrote:Kenji seems more to me like the guy with the clown nose who would randomly hit buttons and launch missiles. he was just doing it for the lulz
Thats Attenborough, and yea, that would be a good one.
Scyth

Post by Scyth »

Nosson wrote:Misha would be Kamina, I mean she has fucking Drills for hair, how gar is that?
"Who the hell do you think I am? Hahahahahahaha~"
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

SCYTH. PUT IT UP.

Imagine me and you...
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

That image makes me want to pierce the heavens with my drill!

I will just have to settle for a round of the internet poundage right now, though.

Fucking Pounded!
ai-honey

Post by ai-honey »

Nosson wrote: Shizune would be Yoko, She has the breasts for it after all, and basic personality fits pretty well too.
No no no no no. :< I does not approve of this!

Their personalities are completely different. Yoko is actually nice. >__> Sorry, Yoko fangirl WAT.

Also Hanako as Simon? Let's face it, young Simon was wubbish and Hanako is adorable. :|

Although I admit, Misha as Kamina kinda made me lol.
GARScyth

Post by GARScyth »

Vertical wrote:SCYTH. PUT IT UP.

KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND DO THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

ROW ROW FIGHT THE DISABILITY
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Fidelas wrote:ROW ROW FIGHT THE DISABILITY
"Believe in You. Not the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself."

These words have just become even more powerful, as long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything, overcome anything. Rin and her art, Emi and her running, and all the others. Tears are running down my face because of this beautiful feeling I am feeling in my heart.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Nosson wrote:
"Believe in You. Not the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself."

These words have just become even more powerful, as long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything, overcome anything. Rin and her art, Emi and her running, and all the others. Tears are running down my face because of this beautiful feeling I am feeling in my heart.
Well said. I went back and re-watched episodes 8-11 of TTGL shortly after getting 100% completion on the demo, and it was quite moving, perhaps even more so than it was the first time I watched the show. Whether you're trying to overcome world dictators and the anti-spirals, or just trying to learn to manage your own life in spite of your problems, you always have to believe in yourself.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

PCJedi wrote:
Nosson wrote:

Well said. I went back and re-watched episodes 8-11 of TTGL shortly after getting 100% completion on the demo, and it was quite moving, perhaps even more so than it was the first time I watched the show. Whether you're trying to overcome world dictators and the anti-spirals, or just trying to learn to manage your own life in spite of your problems, you always have to believe in yourself.
The best part about visual novels is being able to take life lessons from them. In my opinion, KS is about more than doinking cripples. Its about coming to terms with your own problems, and accepting you're not the only one with them.

And fighting the feminist conspiracy. On second thought, 'ROW ROW FIGHT THE FEMALES' would have been a funnier punchline.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

PCJedi wrote:Well said. I went back and re-watched episodes 8-11 of TTGL shortly after getting 100% completion on the demo, and it was quite moving, perhaps even more so than it was the first time I watched the show. Whether you're trying to overcome world dictators and the anti-spirals, or just trying to learn to manage your own life in spite of your problems, you always have to believe in yourself.
I can't watch episode 8's final scene without crying. I can't watch episode 11's redemption scene without cheering.
Imagine me and you...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Vertical wrote:
PCJedi wrote:Well said. I went back and re-watched episodes 8-11 of TTGL shortly after getting 100% completion on the demo, and it was quite moving, perhaps even more so than it was the first time I watched the show. Whether you're trying to overcome world dictators and the anti-spirals, or just trying to learn to manage your own life in spite of your problems, you always have to believe in yourself.
I can't watch episode 8's final scene without crying. I can't watch episode 11's redemption scene without cheering.
It's pretty much the same for me bro. I can just barely get through episode 8 without crying, because I already know what's coming by now, but I just can't get through the end of episode 11 without cheering for Simon.

On a related note, I drew my own comparisons on this runthrough of the episodes, of what could go down in Rin or Emi's routes later. Hisao is Simon, the initially hesitant hero who needs to learn to overcome his own issues at the beginning of the game. Rin is Kamina, the person who will always be there to show him how to overcome his doubts about his own abilities, through her own example of being an accomplished painter in spite of her lack of arms. Finally, Emi is somewhat akin to Nia, the other person who is there to guide Hisao by making sure he realizes his own limits, but still pushes him to do his best within the confines of those limits.

Overall, in these routes, I can foresee a situation where Hisao learns to achieve pretty much everything he wants out of life through the guidance of his friends; Rin pulling him forward, and Emi supporting him from behind, so to speak. And while Kamina and Nia never got to meet in TTGL due to the storyline, I could have foreseen them having a Rin/Emi-esque relationship of supporting each other and compensating for their individual weaknesses (For example, Nia would probably have been able to help Kamina realize the drawbacks of his own reckless nature before it became too late for him, and Kamina could have been one of the figures that Nia could place absolute faith in, just as she did with Simon in the canon story). Not that I'm saying I think the routes are necessarily going to go in that direction, but it would be a cool place to take the characters hypothetically. (Just, please, please, PLEASE don't kill Rin for the sake of the story this time!)
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?