Opinions on really old (pre-alpha) files

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SierraLarson

Opinions on really old (pre-alpha) files

Post by SierraLarson »

Don't worry, no links are being posted. I just wanna know from the devs (if any see this), how do you guys feel about really old stuff being out there on the web? Grid 1 is an example, but I have really obscure stuff like the Flow Test, Installer Test, and Jog Scene.

Do you guys disagree with this stuff being out there? Or is it so old and obscure (I literally never hear about these things) that it's just meh?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Opinions on really old (pre-alpha) files

Post by Silentcook »

The FAQs also ban discussion pertaining to illegitimately leaked files, so your not linking them does not make you safe here.

What's saving you is that Grid 1 is not an illegitimate leak - we linked it ourselves several times.

I don't even know what the Flow Test, Installer Test, and Jog Scene are supposed to be - which marks them as freaking prehistorical, and MAYBE not illegitimately obtained either.

We don't want our stuff published without permission. We might prefer our old, crappy stuff not being out for all to see, but once you put something on the Net yourself, well... you can't ungive it.

So, Grid 1 falls squarely within "eh" territory. About the rest, I figure it's some really rudimentary stuff, but unless some other dev shows up with an opinion, don't spread it around.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SierraLarson

Re: Opinions on really old (pre-alpha) files

Post by SierraLarson »

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. Looking back at the FAQs, I must've skipped over the discussion part.

The thing about Grid1 makes sense. I wasn't around when it was still developing, so I never knew what the deal with that was.

I'd like to quickly explain what they are, but as you pointed out, the discussion of that stuff isn't allowed, so I don't wanna break it any further unless more devs give the OK.