Who's storyline moved you the most in Katawa Shoujo?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Asahime Kyoko

Who's storyline moved you the most in Katawa Shoujo?

Post by Asahime Kyoko » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:20 pm

For me, it had to be Hanako's, and most of Emi's as well <3

a1fox3

Re: Who's storyline moved you the most in Katawa Shoujo?

Post by a1fox3 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 am

1. Emi. I also cried the most with this one.
2. Hanako.
3. Lilly.
4. Rin.
5. Shizune. This is the only one I did not cry over.

Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 pm

It could have been Emi, and I feel bad for telling this, but... I can't stand her, it's really a character type that I'd find insufferable IRL :mrgreen: not to mention that even if I like some sports such as swimming, I tend to see running as a form of self-harm that I intend to avoid for the rest of my life :lol:

The result is that the storyine that moved me the most was Lilly's, as we see the creation of a pure, mutually heartfelt love between them, with as a bonus the "adoption" of Hanako. Hanako's storyline was the first I've done and I thoroughly enjoyed it, its sadder parts left me with tears welling up in my eyes and its moment of glory made me really feel happy inside, but most of the time, I felt more sad for Hanako than anything else, while Lilly's story depicts a natural, beautiful affection that develops between two people, because Lilly's handicap is NOT one in terms of romantic development.

On the other hand, Rin's ending was really interesting to follow but did not make me feel that emotionally involved, while Shizune's storyline was ruined by the fact that I really found the character quite antipathic. It isn't a critic towards the writers, in fact, I can only congratulate them on developing her character, which felt extremely natural, really like a person you'd meet IRL, maybe one of the most realistic characters in all of KS. It's just that it's the kind of person that I wouldn't like.

Oddball

Post by Oddball » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:43 am

Hanako's.

I think that story best shows two people that have become very lost finding each other.
Not Dead Yet

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Depends on how you define "moved"
I had the strongest reaction to the first ending I read - Emi's bad one.
Obviously not a good reaction, though... More like a cold knot in the gut...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.