KS Artbooks

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hacksorus

KS Artbooks

Post by Hacksorus »

So, the artbooks are being sold in Japan only again. If Google Translate isn't letting me down, this may be one of the last times. I apologize if this kind of post isn't meant to be here, but I'm kind of desperate.

To keep things brief, KS is very important to me, as many others. I played it in a vulnerable time in my life and it's never left me. For years, I've been trying to get ahold of the art books as a physical memento of that feeling. But I missed the kickstarter, and have had no means of going to Japan. I'm not trying to assign blame here, I know the devs never really wanted to get into selling stuff in the first place.

If anyone is going to be there though, I'll make it worth your while to pick some up and ship them to me. If you know how I might be able to get them online or have any information for me, I'd be very grateful if you could email me. I can be reached at alturner1@live.com

Thanks for reading. For anyone else out there in the same position as me (there are at least a few), I wish you the best of luck.
Discord: Snowman#0476
Cristiano

Re: KS Artbooks

Post by Cristiano »

I unfortunately wasn't in Japan for Comiket in a long time, so the few I have I snagged from various secondhand online stores - they sometimes show up on Mandarake and Melonbooks, but they're usually gone within days. Aside for having a friend in Japan or making the trip yourself, that's probably the only chance to get your hands on one...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Did they ever released downloadbale copies of the last couple of artbooks or did I just miss those?
Not Dead Yet
bdunkle

Post by bdunkle »

Which ones are the last couple? All I know is this: http://dl.katawa-shoujo.com/pr/artbooks/
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano »

Cristiano wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am I unfortunately wasn't in Japan for Comiket in a long time, so the few I have I snagged from various secondhand online stores - they sometimes show up on Mandarake and Melonbooks, but they're usually gone within days. Aside for having a friend in Japan or making the trip yourself, that's probably the only chance to get your hands on one...
Just an example: a copy of 'Dangerous' came up on Mandarake, and went sold out as I was typing this reply... this is how fast they come and go.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

bdunkle wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:44 pm Which ones are the last couple? All I know is this: http://dl.katawa-shoujo.com/pr/artbooks/
There are two more listed on the blog.

The Past is Prologu
e and Katawa Fantasy.
Not Dead Yet
Hacksorus

Post by Hacksorus »

Cristiano wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 am
Cristiano wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am I unfortunately wasn't in Japan for Comiket in a long time, so the few I have I snagged from various secondhand online stores - they sometimes show up on Mandarake and Melonbooks, but they're usually gone within days. Aside for having a friend in Japan or making the trip yourself, that's probably the only chance to get your hands on one...
Just an example: a copy of 'Dangerous' came up on Mandarake, and went sold out as I was typing this reply... this is how fast they come and go.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh that's so frustrating. Ideally I'd like one of the non-smut ones, but I'd be thrilled with any at this point. Thanks for reporting in about that though.

If it goes so fast though, how did you find out about it? Do you have some means of finding out as soon as one comes up, or did you get lucky?
Discord: Snowman#0476
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano »

Btw, if you're ok with getting scalped like there's no tomorrow, otakurepublic.com has a couple in stock at the moment.