Miso Soup Recipes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

a1fox3

Miso Soup Recipes

Post by a1fox3 »

After playing this VN and having Miso Soup mention so many times I just had to try it.
When I was a kid back in the 1960's we went to Okinawa and this is one of the taste I remember from there, so I thought I would try to make it myself with this recipe "15-MINUTE MISO SOUP WITH GREENS AND TOFU" https://minimalistbaker.com/15-minute-m ... -and-tofu/ and I loved it.

Anyone else have any other recipes or ingredients they would recommend for this great soup?
Ingredients:
4 cups water
1/2 cup chopped green chard or other sturdy green
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup firm tofu, cubed
3-4 Tbsp white miso paste (fermented soy bean paste) with or without bonito (fish flavor, though bonito makes it non vegan- vegetarian-friendly.)
optional: 1 sheet (1/4 cup) nori (dried seaweed), cut into large rectangles
Instructions:
Place water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer.
Add nori and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
In the meantime, place 3 Tbsp of miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth. This will ensure it doesn’t clump. Set aside.

Add green chard, green onion, and tofu to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat, add miso mixture, and stir to combine.

Taste and add more miso or a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve warm. Best when fresh.
ADD: Well I have now had 3 bowl's of this and I got to say it is very filling and last a long time.