So Fellow KS - Forums Users, How Does KS Motivate You?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

shurimano

So Fellow KS - Forums Users, How Does KS Motivate You?

Post by shurimano »

It's sort of a 3 part question, to be honest. It's merely out of curiosity and general nosiness as well.

Browsing around the forums, I've noticed that KS has inspired most of it's players to take control of their lives and change it around for the better. I see pictures of Hanako, Lilly, Emi etc with the slogan 'Do it for her'. I also saw the picture which claimed that the idea of 'Doing it for her' was wrong in that the girls were nothing more than templates for our own insecurities, our own flaws. Now let me ask you guys, how do YOU use KS to motivate yourself? Do you do it for the girl of your dreams? Or do you do it for yourself? Or a combination of both?

I'd also love to know how each of you guys constantly remind yourself about KS. How do you guys keep the feels? How do you guys remind yourself to keep going onwards?

One last question, does replaying KS dull the feelings? Like how repitition brings about boredom, does repeating KS dull the FEELS?
b12c2018

Re: So Fellow KS - Forums Users, How Does KS Motivate You?

Post by b12c2018 »

shurimano wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:23 am It's sort of a 3 part question, to be honest. It's merely out of curiosity and general nosiness as well.

Browsing around the forums, I've noticed that KS has inspired most of it's players to take control of their lives and change it around for the better. I see pictures of Hanako, Lilly, Emi etc with the slogan 'Do it for her'. I also saw the picture which claimed that the idea of 'Doing it for her' was wrong in that the girls were nothing more than templates for our own insecurities, our own flaws. Now let me ask you guys, how do YOU use KS to motivate yourself? Do you do it for the girl of your dreams? Or do you do it for yourself? Or a combination of both?

I'd also love to know how each of you guys constantly remind yourself about KS. How do you guys keep the feels? How do you guys remind yourself to keep going onwards?

One last question, does replaying KS dull the feelings? Like how repitition brings about boredom, does repeating KS dull the FEELS?
1. I do it both for my girl and for myself. For example, I have paid more attention of my health condition and started running in the morning. I want to keep myself healthy, both for myself and to serve my girl better. I don't think "doing it for her" is wrong, especially if that thing is good, because seeing her happy makes me happy too!

2. I don't remind myself about the game too much, but it keeps in my heart as a lovely memory that, through the game's help, I have changed my life significantly for the better. For me, the game gives me the inspirations, but doesn't tell me to keep going. I keep going using other methods -- I already figured out ways to force myself to keep going. If you want to know I can share.

3. It does. I don't replay the game, except maybe reviewing some scenes. But again the game remains as a memory.
Tkiss

"I lost so much when I came to Yamaku. I was... depending on you, more than I ever thought I did... After losing my entire life, and everyone I'd known, the thought of losing you, as well... I love you, Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much..." -- Scene Adulthood

=> Decided to love my wife every day
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

How does KS motivate me?

I'm doing it for the girls, that's for sure. It was really more of a case that it shined some light on some issues I've had and made me reevaluate them.

How do I remind myself about it? I still do fanworks and visit the forum.

Does replaying the game dull the experience? To an extent. Some of the more emotional moments can still get to me, but knowing what's coming and how to get there does cut down on it's effects somewhat.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

For me the motivating factor is more the VN's history than the story:
When I decide to pick up a new project, and the prospect seems daunting, I can always point to KS and say "Hey look, they got it done, too!" :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.