Endings, Thoughts And Theories

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TooLate

Endings, Thoughts And Theories

Post by TooLate »

I have no doubt that this probably a topic that has been posted too many times then can be counted but I can't help myself in the slightest >.>''
Hi I am new :D Call me Pheo if you want I don't mind so much
Be prepared for the worse grammar and spelling errors all featured below by yours truly

Lily Ending - True Love? or Fantasy
When I was thinking of how Lilly was so mad about tripping up I kind of questioned if its because of Hisao? In the scene they were holding hands so he would of gone down with her so did she purposely let go or did he? Was it the fact that if he had fallen that their was a high chance that he would of died or that he had let her fall?
I kind of think she is one of the few ones that naturally fell in love with him but him choosing her worsened his condition considering she mainly sat having tea limiting his movements then they did in other relationship routes i believe? besides the alcohol and cold seems to effect his condition a lot in this arc
Plus the true end doesn't happen after the credits so i wonder if Lilly turning up was actually fantasy especially since the rest takes place after the credits and if you take the time to look its the same background possibly similar to the hospitals...So coma or maybe even delirium ?
Possible that Lilly actually got pregnant ? I mean the morning after pill wouldn't work after two days and in hindsight why would she be taking the pill beforehand? where did she even get them ? Maybe that joke of Hisao being a househusband was hinting?
hahaha I would of liked to see them raise a family because they don't know how long he has got tbh
the art throughout the Lilly route is amazing and fitting heh

Shizune Ending - Friendzoned/Pity?
I think her brother hinted that she is a mute so does her father considering how he said about speech classes....
Also it's clear Misha tells Shizune that you both slept together but I been wondering that if she was there because of Shizune told her to be and the fact she is in love with Shizune made it easy for her too, Hisao could of caught on hence his whole disconnection to the situation and not even the will to fight for her, the truth being the situation was all a game to see who is the most wanted? idk..
Hisao condition means he might not be able to live a long life and Shizune is aware of his illness even if she doesn't say and even lies about certain events, i think this is to make him feel like he is a normal person of his age and considering she probably not a virgin either [maybe the nervousness was surprise of his size or even how he aroused he was already then anything else] I think it's possible that she was only with him to quelm his loneliness and give him an experience of love hence why it ends when they graduate ...

Hanako Ending - Sweet Relationship
I think it feels like you lose out because she only really gets into the relationship at the end so you don't see her really develop past a hint of things?

Rin Ending - Open Relationship
Well i guess I should of known from the get go that it would end that way considering how she mentioned she was 'collecting' people which could mean that Hisao only had a chance considering he was with a disability that she never been with before...She isn't a virgin afterall..
I was kind of looking forward to the whole artist story but it kind of has a bitter aftertaste tbh because she is using his sincere emotions against him afterall, sure she wants someone to understand her but she doesn't seem to put in effort to understanding others?
In the end I guess Hisao is a replacement Emi to do things for her as well as doubling up as a sex toy v~V

Emi Ending - Relationship
Haha all i got to say its alright, shame you don't get a follow up lesson about anal from the team captain considering how she said how she was going to of complain to him about it haha

Kenji Ending - Death.
I honestly found this the most disturbing it makes me truly question his intention throughout the course of the game, possibility of homosexuality, even purposely getting him to die or both
I mean he did say something along the lines of Hisao drinking the whole bottle to himself so he could of been completely faking drinking in the first place and forced him off the roof by backing him into the fence so it was either 'let me be close' or die..Considering his constant smiling face it could hold ground...
I also wonder if this is the ''true'' ending and HIsao survived in however possible way...And he is in a coma [oh no mentioned twice now it's a cliché] dreaming up the relationships he could of had with those girls he met so briefly

Another thing that got me thinking is that it's hinted that Yuuko and Kenji may of been going out and she's the girl 'who stole his energy' as he put it
it's obvious why he would be annoyed about his previous girlfriend texting all the time considering he is practically blind it must of been near impossible to read so it was naturally frustrating
Oddball

Re: Endings, Thoughts And Theories

Post by Oddball »

So, my thoughts on your thoughts.

Lilly
The idea that it's just a dream or delusion doesn't fit in with the style of the rest of the game. If there's any reason that she has a scene after where everybody else ends is because that route really needed a time skip. Hisao was in the hospital and wasn't getting out soon, but we already knew that they were going to stay together at that point.

Shizune.
I don't think she pitied him. Maybe at first, she was only trying to cheer him up, but she grew to like him. if anything stands in the way of their relationship is not that she can't tell him how she feels it's that she doesn't choose to at any point.

Hanako
The idea that they're spending so much time together at all already shows that they're in a relationship. Hanako doesn't open up to people and she certainly doesn't make an effort to get to know them. The problem there was that in their own awkward weird shy little way they were already ion a relationship but neither of them could really figure out exactly what it was. They were sending signs that the other one was missing completely.

Rin ... I'm so NOT on the same page with you there that I can't even quite tell what you're saying.

The idea that Yuuko and Kenji were in a relationship is so obvious that I can't help but think it doesn't fit. It's too perfect. Not that it matters much because the relationship was a mistake on booth their parts and it's obvious they're not going back to it.
Not Dead Yet
TooLate

Post by TooLate »

Oddball wrote:So, my thoughts on your thoughts.

Lilly
The idea that it's just a dream or delusion doesn't fit in with the style of the rest of the game. If there's any reason that she has a scene after where everybody else ends is because that route really needed a time skip. Hisao was in the hospital and wasn't getting out soon, but we already knew that they were going to stay together at that point.

Shizune.
I don't think she pitied him. Maybe at first, she was only trying to cheer him up, but she grew to like him. if anything stands in the way of their relationship is not that she can't tell him how she feels it's that she doesn't choose to at any point.

Hanako
The idea that they're spending so much time together at all already shows that they're in a relationship. Hanako doesn't open up to people and she certainly doesn't make an effort to get to know them. The problem there was that in their own awkward weird shy little way they were already ion a relationship but neither of them could really figure out exactly what it was. They were sending signs that the other one was missing completely.

Rin ... I'm so NOT on the same page with you there that I can't even quite tell what you're saying.

The idea that Yuuko and Kenji were in a relationship is so obvious that I can't help but think it doesn't fit. It's too perfect. Not that it matters much because the relationship was a mistake on booth their parts and it's obvious they're not going back to it.
Haha, Thanks ~ Nice to meet you

Lilly
I know yet I still cant help thinking between this thought and the ending...I am just really undecided..
I mean theirs the issue with the Doctor as he dosen't mention Lilly, Akira or both of them visiting because they were at the scene and that was the moment that prompted Lilly to stay; its odd he dosen't mention them, I am not saying the whole thing is a lie but maybe just her appearing at the hospital is because as he drifts off he does tell himself if only he had dream as good as that school then all that plays out...
Haha a time skip shame....It would of been nicer if he had a parody of his opening about things being different because the people he met came through for him

Shizune
I am not sure since they all were parting, Misua cutting her hair is kind of proof alone as in Japan thats an act most girls do once they break up with someone
Besides her mentioning having a game of lust near the start just made me wonder

Hanako
Thats not what I meant ? I kind of mean it would of been nicer to see a date because it ended when she came out of her shell...I just wanted to see being able to express it

Rin
Basically their are people that like to engage in sex just to take virginity [Think their known as card poppers? Or something weird], if you take the path where you wish to be like emi, she will tell Hisao how creepy it was that he watched her paint so she didnt see his admiring gaze as nothing less then a hindrance but I suppose they get along well enough

Well it is and I doubt they would get together
No view on the whole death thing tho?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I believe it has been said that Kenji actually did have a planned homosexual route at some point, but it was cut for time. Can anyone confirm this?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

SpunkySix wrote:I believe it has been said that Kenji actually did have a planned homosexual route at some point, but it was cut for time. Can anyone confirm this?
It was never seriously considered.

While I dislike going 'on record' about path details (beyond continuity/script errors), I will say that there are no sequences that take place in dreams, comas, or fantasy. What's on screen does actually happen.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Suriko wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I believe it has been said that Kenji actually did have a planned homosexual route at some point, but it was cut for time. Can anyone confirm this?
It was never seriously considered.

While I dislike going 'on record' about path details (beyond continuity/script errors), I will say that there are no sequences that take place in dreams, comas, or fantasy. What's on screen does actually happen.
There ya' go. Straight from the horse's mouth (assuming Suriko has actually been a horse this entire time.)
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thats not what I meant ? I kind of mean it would of been nicer to see a date because it ended when she came out of her shell...I just wanted to see being able to express it
You know it doesn't work like that, don't you?
Hanako is not like a carterpillar - coming out of her pupa in the final scene and being a butterfly henceforth...

In the final scene she was able to show Hisao her affection, but she is still the same person with the same problems.

I'm sure plenty of people would have liked to read more, but if you wanted to end her story on as positive a note as possible, this was the perfect point to stop.
Also it's clear Misha tells Shizune that you both slept together but I been wondering that if she was there because of Shizune told her to be and the fact she is in love with Shizune made it easy for her too
As for the first part, it's not "clear" by any means; as for the second - no.
I am not sure since they all were parting, Misua cutting her hair is kind of proof alone as in Japan thats an act most girls do once they break up with someone. Besides her mentioning having a game of lust near the start just made me wonder
It's more likely a sign that she has moved on from pining for Shizune. It doesn't have anything to do with the relationship (if you would call it that) between Hisao and Shizune.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.