Russian Katawa Shoujo Camp

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Velfar

Russian Katawa Shoujo Camp

Post by Velfar »

Good day, Katawa Shoujo forum. Today I'll tell your about a project. This one has been created by few fans for russian community. https://new.vk.com/katawafest. In few words, it's a cosplay-camp based on Katawa Shoujo game. They've already made a similar one in the past, based on another VN game. Of course, it's not free. One ticket - 8800 rub (137$).
When I saw this group, I wonder "What do developers and non-russians community think about this?"
Looking forward for an answer.
P.S.: And what about license?
hakureimu

Copyright violation: title and characters commercial usage

Post by hakureimu »

Hello

I want you to know that some russian cosplayers are planning to hold an event based on Katawa Shoujo VN characters at September 2nd. One ticket costs $140, so the event is commercial without any doubt.
Here it is.
And it's 18+. so who knows what could happen there. And they're not planning to pay taxes, lol. If you need help to contact to its organizers (since it's russian), just let me know.
Munchenhausen

Re: Copyright violation: title and characters commercial usa

Post by Munchenhausen »

A... A Katawa Shoujo convention?
Seriously?

I mean I loved KS and all, but I can't begin to imagine how awkward that's going to be
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oddball

Re: Russian Katawa Shoujo Camp

Post by Oddball »

Good luck to you, take plenty of photos and post them all here when you're done.

I'm ... curious. Very very curious.
Not Dead Yet
AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Russian Katawa Shoujo Camp

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

That's, like, over £100. Hope you've got good sausages :3

In all seriousness, I'm surprised it's taken this long for something to happen (if it's not before), and I'm even more surprised it's happened now. Still, if all 373 people go, as indicated on the vk so far, then it'll be a great party. Hope everything goes well - and yes, pics please <3
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.