Anyone feeling nostalgic?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ploggs

Anyone feeling nostalgic?

Post by Ploggs »

Well? Anybody feeling at a bit of a loss as to how it's been so long since we initially played this? When I played recently, I found I was actually feeling kind of down because I realized how long it's been since I first played this game.

I surely can't be the only one thinking this. It's gotten to the point where I don't want to even try loading it up again just due to how long it's been. Can't recall how long it's been since I last lurked these boards, or since I've last participated in KS generals, it feels sort of lonely. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?
Last edited by Ploggs on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philantro

Re: Anyone feeling nostalgic?

Post by philantro »

Totally! I just downloaded it again today. Been having a bad week too. i feel like i need to play it again. To make sense of the world again. Since, that's what the game did too me when i first played it.

And i miss Hanako :(
brythain

Post by brythain »

Yes. Often. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Ploggs

Post by Ploggs »

philantro wrote:Totally! I just downloaded it again today. Been having a bad week too. i feel like i need to play it again. To make sense of the world again. Since, that's what the game did too me when i first played it.

And i miss Hanako :(
Good luck, bro. I'm feeling a lot better than I did the past few days, so I decided to give KS a go. Actually reading through this again after several years, it's got some fantastic writing. It feels really cool to look through something I found myself so invested in earlier. Hope things go well for you.
Last edited by Ploggs on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcmandude

Post by bcmandude »

Ya i've had a bad.. probably year so i came back to the game just yesterday. it's weird looking back at old posts and seeing how much i've changed, but this game still has a lot to offer me i think.
100% completion!
Finished Routes (in order of completion): Rin, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Because of this thread I foudn and opened the old KatawaShoujo.exe for old times sake

fucking christ in a a hndabasket.
I've said it before and ill say it again.

Fuckin' Wiosna, man. Fuckin' Wiosna.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Ploggs

Post by Ploggs »

Munchenhausen wrote:Because of this thread I foudn and opened the old KatawaShoujo.exe for old times sake

fucking christ in a a hndabasket.
I've said it before and ill say it again.

Fuckin' Wiosna, man. Fuckin' Wiosna.
Yeah, that song especially. Of course music makes people emotional, but it's kind of discomforting to me that I'm so fixated right now on something that I can't get back. Like, it's as if I'm upset that I enjoy that song so much.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Not really.

You guys are supplying so much quality fanfiction that is doesn't really feel like I ever stopped reading KS :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Not really.

You guys are supplying so much quality fanfiction that is doesn't really feel like I ever stopped reading KS :-)
Wow. If that includes me, I feel all inspired to write some more... I have eight chapters from various threads all on the boil right now, and Wiosna keeps getting to me.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Dannflor

Post by Dannflor »

The fanfiction here is top notch quality. I also get regular waves of nostalgia, so I've pretty much committed to constantly rereading KS on an endless route. I'm reading through Lilly's route once again.
Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Emi

Kenji's Destiny - A One-Shot
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

I can't really speak of nostalgia per se just yet, as I've only really played this game for a month right now (though I did finish all the routes within 2 weeks)...

I will say that despite the happy endings, overall, this game gives me a vibe of a profound melancholy, a deep sadness I find hard to shake. A strong, deep, sense of longing for such a beautiful world to exist (and yet it doesn't...)

The music still brings me to tears even thinking about it...
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

Haha, yeah... certainly happens every once in a while XD
Allow me to describe the situation that, after I thought about it in hindsight, prompted me to feel nostalgic and thus also enter the forum:

In my country, after we finish school, we have to do 3 years in army. Being a (relatively) healthy individual, I, specifically, was recruited to the army as a fighter. Last weekend, when I was on my way home after being at the base for a few weeks, the bus I was on happened to be empty except for me and the driver. At some point during the ride I found myself unexpectedly assaulted with memories of KS and ended up laying down on a couple of seats with earbuds in my ears, listening to the OST.
The feels were obviously awakened. Cold Iron and Caged Heart do have me biting my lips a bit, but then I calm down thanks to things like "School Days", "Daylight", "Ah Eh I Oh You", "Stride" and more. I catch myself smiling more than once, my stomach turning in contained excitement. "Wiosna". "Afternoon". And don't get me started on "Aria de l'Etoile". When suddenly...

BOOM. "Moment of Decision". Tears starting to well slightly. BOOM. "Breathlessly". Memories of crying for hours after Lilly reveals that she's leaving. BOOM. Memories become reality as I officially lose control of my tears.

And so an armed soldier was sitting alone at a bus crying with his chin trembling uncontrollably for a few minutes until "Aria de l'Etoile" looped enough times for this aftereffect to slightly subside.

And now that this super interesting cool story bro is over with, I'll just add that gawd, I miss this VN so much. Will have to read sometime. D:
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I try not to be nostalgic about anything that's less than ten years old.
Not Dead Yet
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Just rewatched the scene at the track with Emi AND Lilly's goodbye scene again...

Tears, tears everywhere

God I'm a mess, it makes me feel my entire life has been about saying goodbye to people I hold dear. Just bawling my eyes out over this realization...
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Nostalgic, no, but I do get a hit every few months of wanting to read it again. I can't ever read it again and get dem feelz the same way that I did, but it's awesome every now and then to look at from a technical perspective.

I should probably stop lurking here so much, cos agreed with the HQ fanfiction being put out ^-^
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.