Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Anyone feeling nostalgic?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

It's great to see this place is still going strong after so many years. :D
Patriqwp

Post by Patriqwp »

So, another army story.
I volunteered for 4 months military training in my country (Poland).I was called sniper for my shooting skills and introverted (sometimes cold, I admit) behavior. After hard day, while laying on "bed" and listening random music, my player has served me Painful History. Next was Moment of Decision. Crescendo hit me hard, and i didn't knew that tears were rolling through my face.
When I awoke from a trance, companion were standing near me and asking what's wrong. I just told- memories- and assured him that everything is fine.
Yup, 24 years old so-called tough guy proved to be soft noodle ;_;

Beside this story, I wonder about one thing: after four years, it's obvious that this comunity slowly vanish,and probably there will be no KS2. After I realize that, I came up with an idea of KS editor. Why there's no simple tool to apply new characters, new story lines? I know, there are many great fanfictions, but visual novel form could give people dose of creativity. Just imagine possibilities...
Yet, It's just an idea.
apackofbadgers

Post by apackofbadgers »

Patriqwp wrote:I just told- memories-
They probably though you were thinking back to some horrible life experience, little did they know it was just 2d crippled anime girls.
Patriqwp wrote:it's obvious that this comunity slowly vanish
All good things come to an end. Almost all software type things that don't get iterations or sequels eventually become less and less paid attention to. Especially something as rigid as a small VN. I'm sure people will keep playing/finding it but as far as a standing community goes there is just an inherent attrition over time.
Patriqwp wrote:Why there's no simple tool to apply new characters, new story lines? I know, there are many great fanfictions, but visual novel form could give people dose of creativity.
Well for specifically Katawa Shoujo I imagine the devs would cease and desist anything that used their assets. In terms of just making a software with which to easily make a VN that's basically what ren'py(what KS is built upon) already is. To streamline that much more would only limit the amount of control you have with it.
Royale

Post by Royale »

Yeah. . . It's weird to be back here after so long; and to see how much the forum's activity has shrunk. Even weirder is reading through my old replies and recognizing how different my perspectives on the girls are. For instance, I hated Shizune, but at the place I am now in life I can understand her better and see the strength she possesses. I loved Hanako for being a broken bird, but now her route seems trite. I think it has a lot to do with how I've grown - Taking it a step further, how Katawa Shoujo helped me grow. I'm going to go for 100% completion on my newly re-downloaded game and see where it takes me.
Favorite routes ;
Rin > Hanako = Lilly > Emi = Shizune
Recidivous

Post by Recidivous »

I recalled KS and 4LS after finishing Doki Doki Literature Club today, probably because of how much wasted opportunity I felt there was with it. I still haven't found a western visual novel that's had the same effect on me or most others, even with the rise of English-language VNs in the past few years.

I still remember playing the act 1 demo in 2009 and waiting for the release of the full game, and then checking the forums every once in a while since then. So, I figured I might as well finally make an account here and say hi, since it'd be a pretty huge shame to never have posted before the forums do eventually die.

I liked every route, but Rin's definitely stuck with me the most.
Namina

Post by Namina »

Never tought I would stop lurking but I too want to at least post something before the lights go out. It has been a wild ride for the last few years with all the fanart,stories and general banter hasn't it ? To think this all started because of an image on 4chan. I can still remember hearing about this weird novel from a friend in 2010 and seeing it grow from this fragile doomed project created by anons to something that still stands proud.

I still love hanako's story as much as my first playtrough and painful history still opens the floodgates for me but I can finally enjoy shizune route too also rin how can anyone forget about you. I think we all have been part of something unique that will never happen again so let's be content and hope for some more beautiful years :mrgreen:
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

QuietlySomething wrote:Hey hey hey, all this defeatism. These forums aren't dead yet :P
Yeah, they're just disabled!
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Namina

Post by Namina »

This is why we can have nice things :lol:
QuietlySomething

Post by QuietlySomething »

emmjay wrote:
QuietlySomething wrote:Hey hey hey, all this defeatism. These forums aren't dead yet :P
Yeah, they're just disabled!

...touché
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh wow my life is pretty okay I guess it could be better but it could be worse and- oh yeah, Katawa Shoujo exists and I still need to finish several routes.

*internally implodes*
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
DoomedDragon134

Post by DoomedDragon134 »

Jesus man. If i wasn't feeling nostalgic i wouldn't even be here. i remember playing the game forever ago and recently i felt like i should revisit it again. And for no real reason i decided to be the last person ever to join this place. Katawa Shoujo was a real 10/10 and it holds a place in my heart right beside Michael Crichton and Nazi memes.
Whats with all the communism?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

DoomedDragon134 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm Jesus man. If i wasn't feeling nostalgic i wouldn't even be here. i remember playing the game forever ago and recently i felt like i should revisit it again. And for no real reason i decided to be the last person ever to join this place. Katawa Shoujo was a real 10/10 and it holds a place in my heart right beside Michael Crichton and Nazi memes.
Better late than never.

Welcome to the party, feel free to chime in on some old threads (don't worry about necroing. We don't worry about that here.), read some fanfic, and make yourself at home.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hehe, I strongly doubt you'll be the last. We still get new people regularly, though few of them stick around.
Anyway, welcome!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Emi Ibarazaki »

I thought about Katawa Shoujo the other day, this year will mark 5 years since I first played it. Time flies!
It's a bit sad, though. All of the things it inspired me to work towards changing, I haven't. Somethings I wanted to do such as getting better at art, I've tried working towards, but is infrequent at most and my progress over the years is nowhere where I'd want it to be. I've definitely become lazier over the past 5 years, which is quite impressive because I can remember how lazy I was then. Practice and hardwork seems to be antithetical to my soul, which is disappointing. Hopefully I won't come back in 2023 and say that nothing has changed.
Overall though, KS was a great jumping point into a medium which I hadn't really experienced, and am now a big fan of today. I've met life long friends and many personality aspects about me have changed. Perhaps I'll play through it again and see if it will inspire lasting change in me.