Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: help me understand lilly?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, all of that is just my opinion...
how is what he was doing before his second heart attack any different from his supposed mistake of not being there for her?
It isn't. I think Hisao is being a huge beta by trying to find the fault with his action instead of with Lilly's.
if i had to guess, she was terrified of loosing hisao and hanako kinda like emi, so she kept her self from getting close and choose to go with her sister to stay with someone she knows will always be there instead of risking the chance the hisao won't always be there...
Probably not. If THAT were her problem she wouldn't have started a relationship with HIsao at all, knowing she would leave two months later.
I think she just has an overly large sense of duty towards her parents - to the degree that it doesn't even occur to her that she could go against theri wishes.
Also there's the meta-explanation that the story needed some conflict, and it's hard to write that if the female interest has no significant faults on her own...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by Mirage_GSM »

d2r wrote:
brythain wrote:Here, have a very important hint. [LINK]
Hmmm...do you think this was an intentional reference?
Certainly - though maybe not directly.
Even if A22 didn't know the origins of the expression, the subtext of "comfort" is quite pervasive in the English language.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
layarion

Post by layarion »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, all of that is just my opinion...
how is what he was doing before his second heart attack any different from his supposed mistake of not being there for her?
It isn't. I think Hisao is being a huge beta by trying to find the fault with his action instead of with Lilly's.
if i had to guess, she was terrified of loosing hisao and hanako kinda like emi, so she kept her self from getting close and choose to go with her sister to stay with someone she knows will always be there instead of risking the chance the hisao won't always be there...
Probably not. If THAT were her problem she wouldn't have started a relationship with HIsao at all, knowing she would leave two months later.
I think she just has an overly large sense of duty towards her parents - to the degree that it doesn't even occur to her that she could go against theri wishes.
Also there's the meta-explanation that the story needed some conflict, and it's hard to write that if the female interest has no significant faults on her own...
well then i really don't understand the situation...to me it seems he would have lost if the writers really didnt need a good ending...or did the writers fail us?

anyway taking a second stab in the dark, i guess you could come up with some crap saying she was to prideful to admit she needs hisao but that still doesn't make sense because...ya i'm just lost on this one. i did some searching and found another thread on reddit or something form years back but it still doesn't really click, and the OP said the same thing about it not clicking

i guess ill just have to chuck this one up to just enjoy it for what it is, it's just hard to considering i feel they did so good at not loosing me in other routes and stuff
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

well then i really don't understand the situation...to me it seems he would have lost if the writers really didnt need a good ending
No, I think it's the opposite.
If there hadn't been a need for conflict, Lilly would have had no reason to leave at all.
I mean, it's not like Hisao did actually do anything bad like in some of the other routes. He wasn't remotely as dishonest with her as she was with him.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
layarion

Post by layarion »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
well then i really don't understand the situation...to me it seems he would have lost if the writers really didnt need a good ending
No, I think it's the opposite.
If there hadn't been a need for conflict, Lilly would have had no reason to leave at all.
I mean, it's not like Hisao did actually do anything bad like in some of the other routes. He wasn't remotely as dishonest with her as she was with him.
well i thought the conflict was she wanted to go with her sister. but after all the good times she had with hisao she still decides she should leave. so i can't wrap my head around him saying a few things he hasn't aldready indirectly said before would get her to stay. i mean you could say almost loosing him caused her to realize she needs to stay...but i mean he's had serious heart problems in front of her before so it still doesn't fit.

but ill just have to let it go
Oscar Wildecat

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

The way I always interpreted the two ends Lilly's Route is that while the is no difference in the character of Neutral End Lilly and Good End Lilly, there is a subtle difference in Neutral End Hisao and Good End Hisao. I think the intention as to have Good End Hisao be more active and open whereas Neutral End Hisao is more passive and closed. Thus, it wasn't in Hisao's nature in the Neutral End to get up off his butt and chase after the girl he loves -- but, in the Good End, it was.

Perhaps the writing could have shown it better, perhaps not...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

layarion wrote:
Charmant wrote:Charade. And seriously, you're playing the game but don't want to play the game?
to put it into perspective, i've played enough into the route to realize i do not like shizune in the slightest and by this point have lost all interest in seeing what else she is about. oved emi's route, so far lillys right is very interesting and fun...but shizune interested me in act 1, but act 2 and 3 she seems to just be too uncarring about how far she pushes things and it get old really fast

irl if i met a person like that, i just wouldn't be interested in hanging out with them. maybe at a club where the point was to play games but thats about it

her father though is f hilarious, i mean this guy makes Dr. House look nice and yet i can't stop laughing with every line he says
Continue with the Shizune route through to the end of the good end. You find a lot about Shizune in the process, particularly that she really cares about people and wants to help people achieve their greatest. Yes, she's kind of a jerk about it, but who is together at 17?
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

Liminaut wrote: but who is together at 17?
Some never get there shit together at all.
layarion wrote: 1)hisao was always with her and tried to help her whenever he could, so my question is...how is what he was doing before his second heart attack any different from his supposed mistake of not being there for her?
Hisao constantly mentions about Lilly acting aloof and not being completely herself. He almost saw through Lilly, knowing she was bothered by something but is unsure exactly what it was. Now, this is what Hisao meant by "not being there for her". Hisao never consulted Lilly about what was bothering her. Unlike Lilly, whom constantly shows her consideration for Hisao and his heart problems.

Thus, Hisao wanted to apologize to Lilly about never bringing up about his concerns to her. Re-read Lillys route if you have the guts (I sure as hell haven't, and I won't for a long time). But I always noticed Hisao describing Lilly being anxious.
layarion wrote: if i had to guess, she was terrified of loosing hisao and hanako kinda like emi, so she kept her self from getting close and choose to go with her sister to stay with someone she knows will always be there instead of risking the chance the hisao won't always be there...if i'm wrong about any of this please enlighten me...because iono this guess of mine feel off, like i missed something that makes this whole thing confusing. i say that because lilly seemed braver than that to me, but hisao is a complete moron in my opinion for always keeping her at arms length whenever he had problems with his condition.
Its a possibility. She is terrified of losing those close to her. But evidence does not support her distancing herself from others to avoid this. Emi and Lilly are completely different in how they handle losing those close to them. And this is great, as similar characters yields uninteresting and predictable plots. For enligthement, refer to above answer for 1st question.

And as a person with a hearing loss (not deaf), I am VERY stubborn about it. I have hearing aids, and NEVER wore them in high school and college. It's embarassing to wear, and although they GREATLY enhance my hearing and allows me to not only listen to my peers, but to my friends too. Instead, I constantly have trouble communicating with my friends. This led me to not being pleasant to talk with. I always nod in agreement when I dont hear what my friends say. Than when they come back to me, they get angry because I didn't follow up on my agreement.

So getting back to Hisao and his self awareness with his condition. Its very hard to describe to you about why things like hearing aids and having an abnormal heart are actually really embarrassing and difficult to talk about. Its like you feel vulnerable, people think less of you, pitying you. I don't know. ITS not exactly that they pity you that bothers me... I just dont want people to know im deaf. Im sure somehow, somewhat Hisao also felt the same with his heart condition. So when Lilly presses on about Hisao's condition, it seems Hisao isn't keen on letting out his weakness so easily. And when it does (like with Rin), I guess he just goes with it.

layarion wrote: 2)this one overlaps slightly, but here it goes: if she really loved him why was she's commited to leaving, only to not leave simply because hisao says he wasn't there for her? she even says herself that he was there for her and was confused by his confession of failure
She doesn't know herself. But with Hanako being self-sufficient (joining clubs, socializing, going out) and Akira leaving to Scotland too, it seemed nothing really tied Lilly down to Japan other than Hisao. But when she realizes she loved Hisao after the fireworks and all, the scale tips from moving to Scotland to uncertainty. And this battle in her between leaving and staying consumes her, and she tries her best to conceal this conflict. This is why she acts "aloof" as Hisao describes. This is also why Akira seems to give worrying glances to Lilly (re-read Tea Party(s)).

Now as for the confession. I can't argue that Lilly understood what Hisao meant by "never being there". And again, Hisao meant by "never addressing my concerns of your aloofness and worrisome attitude". But in short "never being there" in a figurative manner works too. BUT if Lilly did understand and knew he meant as mentioned above, than Lillys reply "But you were always there for me" works as a double entendre (BOOYAH always wanted to say that). Yes, Hisao was literally there for Lilly. But by being there, (with her in the tea party, in the snack room, in the vacation home and especailly in the airport) Hisao was already comforting and relieving Lilly from her inner battle.
layarion wrote: update: i guess i don't understand why she felt she had to go, and i also don't understand what really changed her mind at the end
You will come to understand on your own time. Don't let it discourage you from thinking you'll never figure it out. I never figured it out and I dont think my answers are complete yet. Not a day has gone by that I have stopped thinking about Lilly's route. And its been since August. I've threw around a lot of stupid ideas here and there, but I'm piecing together my answers day by day. Hopefully I'll finally finish with an answer that I can finally nod and move on with. This route, this VN is by far one of the strangest yet amazing love story I've ever come across. Thought I admit I never read or watched much love drama. I think just reading this one will suffice.
layarion

Post by layarion »

HereticNine wrote:This route, this VN is by far one of the strangest yet amazing love story I've ever come across. Thought I admit I never read or watched much love drama. I think just reading this one will suffice.
it's pretty good indeed. i've read alot of books but this and nekopara (which even if you remove the adult content has a story that grabs your heart) are the only ones i've read that the focus is on relationships. so while i can't say if this is one of the best, i can say unfortunately few movies and games moved me the same way this VN did. although prison architect's so called "story" is...short but powerful.

digressing a bit here: i think that prison architect was so moving because it was interactive and went at a pace you choose. if it were a movie i don't think it would have the same effect

i don't really get why the reviews say this book isn't all that great, even the sex doesn't seem bad (not sure what twisted everyones panties on emi's route, i completed it and iono it was fine for story) but i also suspect that the vn might be slower than most are used to (felt fine to me) and that it's probably recieved updates after those reviews
ArazelEternal

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by ArazelEternal »

Emi was also my first playthrough. Your lucky and got the good end. I ended up with the bad end. The thing about it that was even more depressing is I answered all the choices the way I would have in rl. Go figure.....

I think her route is well written. I think they all were well written but that is just my opinion. Her bad end hit me kinda hard. It didnt help though that it was my first and it was 2 am and I was very tired. Then I proceeded on with a walkthrough so I wouldnt get any more bad ends. Just couldnt handle them emotionally at the time.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.