Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
layarion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by layarion » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm

would like to say the only other Vn's or hentia like books i've read are NekoPara, and infact few books that really revolve around relationships.

anyway great read, i mean i certainly enjoyed that more than harry potty and alot of movies. i can see where people complain about it being slow i guess? but i found that to be a positive in my case.

from what i can remember my dicisions were "go for it" "offer to run with emi" "press emi" "no, i have other things to worry about" "give in a let misha know" and i got the good ending

i answered the questions the way i feel i would have acted if i was lucky enough to or smart enough to get to these dicissions. if i were in a similiar situation i would have went for it, to get close. also i couldn't bring myself to let it go, i had to press her because i care too much to let it slide. no, i have other thinds to worry about because honestly when i get worried that something good in my life is about to end i have to know as quickly as possible because my world irl hinges on it and i can't steal myself away from the dread inside me when i think my world is in danger. finally "give in" was pretty easy, i try to get advice when i can.

i feel like this guy was me 90% of the time, and yet i still have no girlfirend but he does. to be fair though i don't neccisarily have the luck, and if i feel like someone isn't connecting with me i don't stay friends with them because i feel like nothing is coming of it.

about this guys thought process though, man it's like his every thought was the exact same feeling/worry/ and logic process as mine. but the difference i think is he didn't have to prod to be in these girls lives, if i wanted to get to know someone in highschool it didn't feel so easy to just be there. i always felt out of place or didn't know what to say.

every hurt he expressed internally was exactly how i would have felt, from being pushed away when i want to be there, to being told she must do this alone. every internal comment he makes about feeling like his stomach just twisted is exactly how i would have felt or have felt from past relationships. i wish i had this guys luck, and it stings to think that's what makes the difference. i can't accept that it's luck, i have to hope its something i did wrong because then maybe i can do something about it...but i am just as clingy or pushy as he is. i would want to be to close, i just feel like they nailed it.

the whole time through the acts, i'm sitting there thinking "whats gonna end this good thing" and that made the story more engaging because i wasn't sure if this was one of those movies like "ex machina" where your heart gets torn out of your chest, stomped on, and left bleeding. so that left me wanting to hold back alittle, the uncertainty helped me get in the moment with this guy (at the time i didn't lookup/know this book had good/bad endings)

i'm gonna go through the other routes now, but this makes me feel like i need to get my career started so that i have less reasons to worry and hold my self back from meeting other girls. makes me feel like i need to take more chances, but it also reflects the sharp contrast in my life so it hurts alittle too

update: went back and spent some time with the proffessor first, which allowed me to fill in those two empty slots on the extra's. sadly Skip failed to not skip unread text and i had to read everything from there and onward basically. was totally worth it

it took alittle longer to feel into it though because i already knew what was going to happen, but it was still a new and great experience. i wish that somehow i could use this in my life to help with relationships if..hopefully when i get a chance to. but it is a fiction, so how much of what hisao has learned is also just fiction? how much can really be applied to relationships in real life for people who aren't so far in the extreme
Last edited by layarion on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:37 am

Emi's route is the most realistic of all of them imo, her troubles are relatively common for anyone who has had something ripped from them, she's scared of getting close to Hisao, because she's worried she's going to lose him.

Hisao in emi's route is written in a way that anyone who truly cared about Emi would share his thoughts, you dont want to let Emi go.

Honestly, Emi's route is written in an incredible way, it gives just enough information so that you kind of understand why she acts like she does, but not enough to truly understand until the scene where she kicks you out her house/you leave, and most of it comes to light through Meiko and the way Emi responds to your choice. You start to realise that its not that she dosent want to be close to hisao, its just that she's fucking terrified of losing him, and thats the whole point of Emi's rotue.

Rin's is still my favourite, but after re-reading Emi's yesterday, its definetly my second favourite, its written amazingly.

Also I apologise if im rambling a little with my response, im a little bit drunk.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

layarion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by layarion » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:41 am

i haven't done much with the others yet, still trying to see all the other content i missed on emi's.

from what i've seen of Rin she's so far out there to me that i really don't understand her. initial impressions are she doesn't care too much about what i do that i feel like i could blow away with the wind and she wouldn't notice. irl when i feel that someone feels that way about me i don't want to spend any time with them and move on. makes me wonder though if it's just they have 0 interest or just that i haven't tried hard enough or approached them in the right way

the rambling isn't a problem

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by Mirage_GSM » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:33 pm

If you want to see the content you missed on Emi's route, you have to listen to Mutou - and later nurse and Meiko when they offer advice. This will also lead to the good end, but you'll see two more scenes - imho very good ones - that are not on the other path.
If you want to see the bad end do everything as before but don't talk to Misha. I suggest you do that first, so you don't end on a low note.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Just finished my first playthrough, this one was emi

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:If you want to see the content you missed on Emi's route, you have to listen to Mutou - and later nurse and Meiko when they offer advice. This will also lead to the good end, but you'll see two more scenes - imho very good ones - that are not on the other path.
If you want to see the bad end do everything as before but don't talk to Misha. I suggest you do that first, so you don't end on a low note.
Mutou's advice is honestly some of the best ive ever heard, and I use it the real world all the time. Really does put a new perspective on things if you start to think that way
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

layarion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Comforting Misha

Post by layarion » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:12 pm

so, ignoring shiz completely...i slept with misha and went alittle ways...but i don't want to go through every line of text to see how this plays out between hisao and misha...

so i'm asking, what happens after misha says she's a lesbian on the roof? and please keep the discussion strictly to hisao and misha, not interested in the other characters at the moment which is why i don't want ot thumb through it all

i skipped some scenes here and there and gathered that misha tried to go back to normal but...from like one line of text it seems she can't put up the sherade anymore?

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by Charmant » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Charade. And seriously, you're playing the game but don't want to play the game?

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:44 am

so i'm asking, what happens after misha says she's a lesbian on the roof? and please keep the discussion strictly to hisao and misha,
You get the bad end and everyone's unhappy.

For details read the VN.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by brythain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:57 am

Here, have a very important hint. [LINK]
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by d2r » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:30 am

brythain wrote:Here, have a very important hint. [LINK]
Hmmm...do you think this was an intentional reference?
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by brythain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:07 pm

d2r wrote:
brythain wrote:Here, have a very important hint. [LINK]
Hmmm...do you think this was an intentional reference?
It might not have been, but strangely enough, it was the first thing I thought of when I hit -that- scene, which is how I ended up graduating from Yamaku. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

layarion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by layarion » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Charmant wrote:Charade. And seriously, you're playing the game but don't want to play the game?
to put it into perspective, i've played enough into the route to realize i do not like shizune in the slightest and by this point have lost all interest in seeing what else she is about. oved emi's route, so far lillys right is very interesting and fun...but shizune interested me in act 1, but act 2 and 3 she seems to just be too uncarring about how far she pushes things and it get old really fast

irl if i met a person like that, i just wouldn't be interested in hanging out with them. maybe at a club where the point was to play games but thats about it

her father though is f hilarious, i mean this guy makes Dr. House look nice and yet i can't stop laughing with every line he says

layarion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

help me understand lilly?

Post by layarion » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 pm

i went through lillys route and got the good ending...but to be honest i'm alittle lost. couple of points i need help with

1)hisao was always with her and tried to help her whenever he could, so my question is...how is what he was doing before his second heart attack any different from his supposed mistake of not being there for her?

if i had to guess, she was terrified of loosing hisao and hanako kinda like emi, so she kept her self from getting close and choose to go with her sister to stay with someone she knows will always be there instead of risking the chance the hisao won't always be there...if i'm wrong about any of this please enlighten me...because iono this guess of mine feel off, like i missed something that makes this whole thing confusing. i say that because lilly seemed braver than that to me, but hisao is a complete moron in my opinion for always keeping her at arms length whenever he had problems with his condition.

2)this one overlaps slightly, but here it goes: if she really loved him why was she's commited to leaving, only to not leave simply because hisao says he wasn't there for her? she even says herself that he was there for her and was confused by his confession of failure

update: i guess i don't understand why she felt she had to go, and i also don't understand what really changed her mind at the end

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Comforting Misha

Post by Munchenhausen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 am

layarion wrote:
Charmant wrote:Charade. And seriously, you're playing the game but don't want to play the game?
to put it into perspective, i've played enough into the route to realize i do not like shizune in the slightest and by this point have lost all interest in seeing what else she is about. oved emi's route, so far lillys right is very interesting and fun...but shizune interested me in act 1, but act 2 and 3 she seems to just be too uncarring about how far she pushes things and it get old really fast

irl if i met a person like that, i just wouldn't be interested in hanging out with them. maybe at a club where the point was to play games but thats about it

her father though is f hilarious, i mean this guy makes Dr. House look nice and yet i can't stop laughing with every line he says
Do it anyway! I found myself loathing Rin, but I still dragged my sorry arse through it :P It's the polite thing to do, if nothing else.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: help me understand lilly?

Post by Munchenhausen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 am

If in doubt, I always fall back to Humanistic Psychology.
'People do things in different ways for no other reason than the fact we all think, process and behave differently.'

I.E. Lilly did all that just because she did :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

Post Reply