Currently replaying (Which order)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

THEMADECK

Currently replaying (Which order)

Post by THEMADECK »

So I'm replaying KS once again, so I'm back here I'm going to go from the one I least liked to the one I most liked all thought they are all good I'm still confused about the order of which so give me reasons why I should play one girl before another my current potential order will be

Shizune
Rin
Lilly
Emi
Hanako

and if you want just write anything
Dat Soundtrack
brythain

Re: Currently replaying (Which order)

Post by brythain »

THEMADECK wrote:So I'm replaying KS once again, so I'm back here I'm going to go from the one I least liked to the one I most liked all thought they are all good I'm still confused about the order of which so give me reasons why I should play one girl before another my current potential order will be

Shizune
Rin
Lilly
Emi
Hanako

and if you want just write anything
I did Shizune-Lilly-Emi-Hanako-Rin, similar to your order. Rin's is a long one though, a lot of words, so I left her for last. But that looks fine to me.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I think I'd do Rin's route last. You get a bazillion choices, and even though many of them do not change the ending, they all effect the story that gets told. So Rin is worth a replay-a-palooza by herself.

And Kenji says you're not manly enough for a picnic anyway. :D
d2r

Post by d2r »

Decide your order by rolling dice IMO; let fate guide your heart. :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Are you playing bad ends and neutral ends as well as good ends? Cos if so, manly picnic that shit first, and then go bad -> neutral -> good for each girl (or neutral -> good for Lilly / bad -> good for Emi). Lets you appreciate their happiness that much more ^.^
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Kakureboshi

Post by Kakureboshi »

After playing KS, I thought that when I replayed it I'd do it in this order:

Emi-Rin-Shizune-Lilly-Hanako

Emi was the first route I played and I liked how the contents of Iwanako's letter were kept a mystery and used as part of the resolution of that route's plot. If I recall correctly, in every other route you get presented with the entirety of the letter unceremoniously.

Then Rin, as she is the closest character to Emi and gives a nice sense of progression. But since Rin's route is kind of isolated, I don't think any of the other routes would necessarily flow nicely after it, but also the only route that flows nicely into it is Emi's.

Then Shizune, as she is the first one you meet. Usually I'd pick whoever you meet first in the story as the starting or ending point but 1) Iwanako's letter issue and 2) Shizune's route doesn't feel to me like a route with which to end a playthrough of the VN. 100% personal bias.

Then either Hanako or Lilly and the one that's left for the end. Lilly's route flows well after Shizune's because of their rivalry being resolved there. But since Lilly's route is also the only route with an epilogue, it also works well as the closing route of the playthrough. In the end, I chose Lilly as 4th so it can flow from Shizune and Hanako 5th, because while Lilly has a nice book end, Hanako also works very well as a book end for me because of how much I like the character and how cute that last image was.

Yes, I've been thinking way too much about this.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Emi-Emi-Rin-Emi-Emi

And then go back and make sure you've exhausted all the dialogue in Emi's route.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

When I go and do a replay, my order is largely random. It all depends on my mood at the time.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Replay it in the order that comes to you. What's the point in making a strict order, enhancing the experience or some other non-sense? :lol:
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.