Suffering from Withdrawl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Skeeve

Suffering from Withdrawl

Post by Skeeve »

I've had Katawa Shoujo installed on my computer for a while now, almost a year, and I'd been meaning to get to playing it, but it wasn't until Monday that I actually sat down and opened it up. I wasn't sure what to expect, other than that I'd heard it was 'surprisingly tasteful'. To be honest, I regret not getting to it sooner, but now that it's over, that I've played through all the paths, I find myself wanting to open up the game again, find a new path and a new story, even though there aren't any more.

Really, I just want to spend more time at Yamaku.

So now I turn to fanfic. I've found a pair of fics called Confession and Conflict that I rather enjoyed, not specifically for the pairing, but because it really captured that feeling like everyone I've come to know and love was there; it really captured that sense of community that I was looking for. While I root through the fanworks forum for more to satisfy my fix, I want to know what other people did to fill their own need for more, if anyone else has any recommendations.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Suffering from Withdrawl

Post by Mirage_GSM »

May I point you to the library or the book club?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Skeeve wrote:While I root through the fanworks forum for more to satisfy my fix, I want to know what other people did to fill their own need for more, if anyone else has any recommendations.
Well, if you're so inclined, you could always do what I did and try your own hand at fan fiction. I'd never written much of anything before, and I wound up writing 60 chapters over two years. It was crazy, but fun.

Also, from your username I'm going to guess that you're a fan of Robert Asprin's Myth books, which is very cool. The first several books in that series are among my favorite fantasy novels of all time.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Mirage_GSM wrote:May I point you to the library or the book club?
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations and the links.
dewelar wrote:Well, if you're so inclined, you could always do what I did and try your own hand at fan fiction. I'd never written much of anything before, and I wound up writing 60 chapters over two years. It was crazy, but fun.

Also, from your username I'm going to guess that you're a fan of Robert Asprin's Myth books, which is very cool. The first several books in that series are among my favorite fantasy novels of all time.
Every now and then I do get bitten by the writer's bug, but I usually have some trouble sticking with it. Although I am a lot less ADD than I used to be... maybe.

And yeah, I'm a big fan of the Mythadventures series. It's not a sweeping fantasy epic, but every now and then you just want some cheap laughs.
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

When I first started looking into KS Fanfics I found this over on reddit, a good list - and most of the links bring you back here anyway. (Can I suggest the Suzu-Route? :D )
Skeeve wrote:
Every now and then I do get bitten by the writer's bug, but I usually have some trouble sticking with it. Although I am a lot less ADD than I used to be... maybe.
Why not start with a one-shot? People here are very good at giving helpful feedback.
HereticNine

Post by HereticNine »

Skeeve wrote:While I root through the fanworks forum for more to satisfy my fix, I want to know what other people did to fill their own need for more, if anyone else has any recommendations.
I began working out when I started Emi route a year ago. And I continued after finishing the route, inspired about how Hisao developed a good healthy habit of exercising to improve himself.

I may not have an Emi in my life, but that doesn't mean I have no reasons to work out.

EDIT:

I dont really have a recommendation on how to fill your own need. Judging by this thread, it looks like youre looking for more literature. How do you like to draw? I love looking at KS artwork :mrgreen:
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Gajzla wrote:When I first started looking into KS Fanfics I found this over on reddit, a good list - and most of the links bring you back here anyway. (Can I suggest the Suzu-Route? :D )

Why not start with a one-shot? People here are very good at giving helpful feedback.
You certainly can suggest the Suzu route; I'll definitely take a look. And you know, I think I just might look for some inspiration, write a couple drabbles or short scenes or something.
HereticNine wrote:I dont really have a recommendation on how to fill your own need. Judging by this thread, it looks like youre looking for more literature. How do you like to draw? I love looking at KS artwork :mrgreen:
Me, I'm a terrible artist. I have Hisao's problem; I know what I want to see on the page, but getting it out through my hands is something else entirely.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Skeeve wrote:
Gajzla wrote:When I first started looking into KS Fanfics I found this over on reddit, a good list - and most of the links bring you back here anyway. (Can I suggest the Suzu-Route? :D )

You certainly can suggest the Suzu route; I'll definitely take a look. And you know, I think I just might look for some inspiration, write a couple drabbles or short scenes or something.
HereticNine wrote:I dont really have a recommendation on how to fill your own need. Judging by this thread, it looks like youre looking for more literature. How do you like to draw? I love looking at KS artwork :mrgreen:
Me, I'm a terrible artist. I have Hisao's problem; I know what I want to see on the page, but getting it out through my hands is something else entirely.
That is the same issue I have. Its like there is as total disconnect between my brain and my hands when it comes to handwriting or drawing or anything requires really intricate work.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

ArazelEternal wrote:That is the same issue I have. Its like there is as total disconnect between my brain and my hands when it comes to handwriting or drawing or anything requires really intricate work.
Practice helps. And I find digital drawing helps too. Easier to keep the spacing right, undo mistakes, and you can use layers to work on everything bit-by-bit.