Background details I just noticed.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Background details I just noticed.

Post by Oddball »

Maybe I'm slow on the uptake and everybody else has seen this stuff but me, but I was playing through the game, looking at the backgrounds and such and happened to catcha few things I hadn't noticed before.

Here let me point them out.

This is from when you see Hanako's doll collection. One of her few positions seems to be a picture of a woman holding a baby. Her and her mom perhaps?
hanakos mom.png
hanakos mom.png (106.13 KiB) Viewed 7670 times
When Hisao visits Rin and they end up smoking one of the pictures looks like Rin and Lilly fighting.
Lilly vs Rin.jpg
Lilly vs Rin.jpg (102.79 KiB) Viewed 7670 times
and at the festival, you can see two people like that look like they might be Molly and her friend from Hanako's ending.
festival goers.png
festival goers.png (86.02 KiB) Viewed 7670 times
I'm also wondering if the green haired girl here is the same one from Emi's big track event.

Anybody else noticed this stuff or am I just coming in late here?
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Re: Background details I just noticed.

Post by brythain »

Those are interesting. I've noticed the first two, but not the last one. Now I'm thinking of them as writing prompts. Thanks for highlighting them!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I think the green-haired girl is C.C. She's looking for Lelouch :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
kimono

Post by kimono »

I think the green-haired girl is C.C. She's looking for Lelouch :lol:
Get out of my mind :lol: :lol:

I knew the first two, but not the last one. Those details are really nice.
Routes: Lily>Rin>Hanako>Emi>Shizune
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

First one, I didn't know
Second one, I did
Third one, is now in my mind confirmation that Takashi and Molly are destined to be shipped
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It actually amuzes me that Molly doesn't have any sprites, yet shows up in three different outfits during the game.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The first two are interesting. Hadn't noticed them before.
Of the third one, I knew of C.C.'s cameo, but I think the idea that the couple could be Molly and Takashi is quite far-fetched...
All you can tell is that it's a girl with long dark hair - plenty of those to go around in Japan.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Of the third one, I knew of C.C.'s cameo, but I think the idea that the couple could be Molly and Takashi is quite far-fetched...
All you can tell is that it's a girl with long dark hair - plenty of those to go around in Japan.
I don't think the guy is Takashi. The guy Molly was with in Hanako's ending looks like one of her fellow Measuring Shadows cast members. (I remember him having a name but I can't think of what it is right now.)

From the tiny blurry pic we have in the festival scene, we can see the girl has slightly darker than average skin tone, and a smal spec of red right about where Molly wears her hair clips and the guy's hair is a fairly close match to the MS guy's hair.
Not Dead Yet
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Oddball wrote:I don't think the guy is Takashi. The guy Molly was with in Hanako's ending looks like one of her fellow Measuring Shadows cast members. (I remember him having a name but I can't think of what it is right now.)

From the tiny blurry pic we have in the festival scene, we can see the girl has slightly darker than average skin tone, and a smal spec of red right about where Molly wears her hair clips and the guy's hair is a fairly close match to the MS guy's hair.
His name is Florian.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Munchenhausen wrote:First one, I didn't know
Second one, I did
Third one, is now in my mind confirmation that Takashi and Molly are destined to be shipped
Dunno, I never thought the person Molly was with at the end of Hanako's route was Maeda, unless he got the ear bandage removed. He seemed too tall.

So while I think they're the same person, I don't think it's Maeda.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:First one, I didn't know
Second one, I did
Dunno, I never thought the person Molly was with at the end of Hanako's route was Maeda, unless he got the ear bandage removed. He seemed too tall.

So while I think they're the same person, I don't think it's Maeda.
Yeah, it's that Florian guy. But when I first saw it, I thought it was Takashi and now I can't help but ship those two regardless of evidence against :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I've noticed the last two, but not the first one. Nice catch!
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."