Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this time?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FeroxAnima

Re: Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this ti

Post by FeroxAnima »

I remember it every once in a while. Music (as in the KS OST) is often (though not always) the trigger, and I just have to check on this community or run through the soundtrack or remember scenes from the VN or whatnot.
KS has a special place in my heart and that is a thing that is unlikely to ever change.
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

FeroxAnima wrote:I remember it every once in a while. Music (as in the KS OST) is often (though not always) the trigger, and I just have to check on this community or run through the soundtrack or remember scenes from the VN or whatnot.
KS has a special place in my heart and that is a thing that is unlikely to ever change.
to me, KS has the friendliest fandom, community, and developers of all time, those are the things that makes me stay
and yes, I also think that KS has a special place in my heart and it will never change :wink:
Can you face your fears?
NononPatrol

Post by NononPatrol »

I only discovered KS extremely recently, but imediately because hooked with the story and characters - but it gave me a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, as if I had forgotten something.
I quickly realized that it was because I had never seen when this game came out.
Upon realizing this I was hit with extremely mixed feelings, I was happy to find a still (partially) active community - but completely depressed over how the project has been forgotten over the years, as would with anything that doesn't get officially updated.
The fact that this very board exist gives me those same feelings, hopefully one day I will look back upon this fondly.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

NononPatrol wrote:I only discovered KS extremely recently, but imediately because hooked with the story and characters - but it gave me a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, as if I had forgotten something.
I quickly realized that it was because I had never seen when this game came out.
Upon realizing this I was hit with extremely mixed feelings, I was happy to find a still (partially) active community - but completely depressed over how the project has been forgotten over the years, as would with anything that doesn't get officially updated.
The fact that this very board exist gives me those same feelings, hopefully one day I will look back upon this fondly.
Just because the forum is very very slow these days doesn't mean a handful of us aren't still around.

Any old conversations or topics you feel like dragging back up, go right ahead. There's still a few of us willing to read and respond to them.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually there are four or five stories still being updated in the fanfiction section right now.
It's just been a quiet week :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Actually there are four or five stories still being updated in the fanfiction section right now.
It's just been a quiet week :-)
Okay, okay, I will get back to update the seven threads I still have up in the air... :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

There is still a lot of KS art being made too. Even though the Mishimmie hasn't updated in a few months, it's still out there. Which reminds me, I still need to upload a sketch or two from rtil to the Favorite Artworks thread. Will have to be later tonight though, I'm too busy falling asleep now.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

NononPatrol wrote:I only discovered KS extremely recently, but imediately because hooked with the story and characters - but it gave me a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, as if I had forgotten something.
The project is not forgotten as such. It simply is completed. Fan art, fiction and other projects inspired by it all continue.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

Charmant wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 pm
mateh1 wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHY AM I STILL HERE
IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS GODDAMMIT

when I thought to myself "nice, I'm healing up" then I remember the musics from KS, search it on youtube, listen to it, all of a sudden I ended up here again
every damn time
Wiosna, man...It's worse than 'Nam flashbacks.
WHAT THE FUCK THIS SHOWED UP IN MY FACEBOOK MEMORIES AND NOW I'M BACK HERE
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS
FUCKING WIOSNA, MAN
Can you face your fears?