Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this time?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this ti

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I don't know, Community is fun I guess.

And Rin is still cute.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
MartenDE

Post by MartenDE »

Because of my contract with the devil which doesn't let me die until I finish the game 100% when it's fully translated to german. :D
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

this literally answered all the questions
Can you face your fears?
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Why am I still Here and enjoying KS?
Feminists are making me doing it! I fell victim to the Conspiracy!! Help me!!!
:lol:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I may not be a regular on this site at all, but I still enjoy KS for a variety of reasons: the memorable cast, the awesome music, and above all else, the life lessons to be found in its well-crafted stories. Heck, right now it's even making me consider getting back into voice acting (I like to practice Hisao's lines and narration on my own time, don't judge :P). I've gone back to some routes from time to time over the past few years, mostly Emi, but occasionally Hanako and Lilly as well. Now that I have a new computer, I needed to reinstall KS anyway, so I'll be replaying the whole game again.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
bcmandude

Post by bcmandude »

I just started getting back into Katawa Shoujo. :D

For one, the game is a pretty damn good source of relationship advice.
100% completion!
Finished Routes (in order of completion): Rin, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
Bruxae

Post by Bruxae »

I haven't reread it yet, mostly because I still have so many other great VN's to read. Still, I just can't really let go of KS, I don't think anything is ever going to top that feeling and it's something that's going to stay with me forever.

Post by 1923327854 »

I just started a week or so ago, so I'm pretty late to the party. This was my first VN and I'm addicted. Currently trying Emi's path. I've only done Lilly's so far. But that's all it took. I've never really been into fanfiction and I don't really register to forum boards, but this game was so good I couldn't wait to discuss/read about this game with others. I binged on Memorial Day, and read all the Lilly fanfiction I could find posted on here and reddit lol.

Loving Emi's path so far. It is definantly a change of pace compared to Lilly's. I find Hisao much more likable in Emi's path too.
SerenityNow

Post by SerenityNow »

I just joined the site, but what keeps me enjoying it after all this time is the characters and the world they're in really. I find them to be interesting and well written and always find myself wondering about 'what if' scenarios for each of them. Like what happened after a certain character's route ended, or what if something else happened, etc. Thankfully there is well written fanfics here that help to explore that, and the characters that didn't get much screen time. :wink:
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I'm really glad to see how this place has improved over the years. Been over two and a half years since discovering KS for me, but knowing people are still finding and getting into it makes me happy. It definitely deserves more attention!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

... because I'm lonely and I have nowhere else to go. :(

:wink:
Not Dead Yet
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Razoredge wrote:Because this is the best VN I've ever read.
This. I basically do nothing but read VNs and bum around and this is one of the best VNs I have ever read.
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

At this point its because of the fun of the disscussion forums.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Jeez, I think I'm pulling an Obi Wan here, coming back for the sequel with a beard and a slightly more cynical tinge to his speech.

Like others said, partially because of the community. I suppose having people around you who've experienced the same things that you have is comforting. It's also, at least for me, because this game doesn't let go of you so easily. I still occasionally stop and just pause in mid-action remembering sitting with Rin watching fireworks, or watching Emi run and feeling defeated that I couldn't be that. Think of it like a scar, if you will. The scar itself may fade over time, but you will still always look where it was and remember, at least vaguely, how it got there.
I'm going to stop before I start rambling.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

Oh geez,although I have forgotten about the game and the forums for about 2 years. I decided to check in here after promising to replay this game (said 3 years ago). It's good to see some people who I remember distinctly like Megumeru and Oddball still in action haha :D. Hopefully I don't remember too much about this game and can play it just like my first run !!
"WAHAHAHA!~"