Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this time?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hanako Scars

Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this time?

Post by Hanako Scars »

Years on I still can't help but come back for another playthrough. Not done it for quite some time now so I'm going to go on and start a new one right now.
Misha Fanfic hunter. If you know of a good completed one, please PM me :)
Steinherz

Re: Why are you still here and enjoying KS after all this ti

Post by Steinherz »

I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Taotao

Post by Taotao »

I'm experiencing all of this for the first time thanks to my friend from school identifying Misha when I showed him a picture and asked what she's from.

Now I only have you select few gents to experience these feels with; I really can't imagine what it was like when the game first came out.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I've never actually re-read the VN...
I read it through and got all the endings, but I just haven't decided to read it again at aa later date. I kinda have that stubborn mentality of "I already know how it's going to end, I don't see the point" :lol:
The community and fanbase are what keeps me coming back. Bunch of top lads round here :)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Munchenhausen wrote:I've never actually re-read the VN...
I read it through and got all the endings, but I just haven't decided to read it again at aa later date. I kinda have that stubborn mentality of "I already know how it's going to end, I don't see the point" :lol:
The community and fanbase are what keeps me coming back. Bunch of top lads round here :)
I agree, Munch. There are bits and pieces across the whole story that drag me back but I haven't really been tempted to go over the whole kit and kaboodle over again. If I was writing something related to it, however, then by necessity I would have to.

Otherwise, its the community and shared interests that brings me back to the forums.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The community, that's one...

The rich expandable universe, followed with it being in a more familiar background than most of what I've read, so that's two...

And I still have a story to finish and a new one in planning, so that is what kept me here
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I haven't reread it a whole lot but I keep coming back for the community and to keep tabs on fanfics and art and such.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I've only reread Hanako's & Lilly's route after finishing the VN but, the community is the main reason I come back here and read up whats everyone commenting or writing in the case of fanfics.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Because this is the best VN I've ever read.
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Simply put, I'm still here 6 months later because the people here are awesome.

And because there are, like, 5 fanfics that are still being updated that I swear to god I will finish if I'm here 'till the end of time!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I come and go from here, but it's nice to come back and read through people's thoughts and insights into the VN, as frequently they improve my own understanding and interpretation. Enjoying KS consistently I suppose comes from this aforementioned development. And, even though I know what happens and how things pan out, it's useful for a good cry when I need one :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

Just like what everyone else said, It because of the community. There's some really awesome people here and make/show awesome things. Also cause I can never really forget the things I love.
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
brythain

Post by brythain »

Yes, I enjoy being part of this community. I get to see what people think of the world of KS, and their awesome new riffs and developments based on it. I join in too sometimes, and that makes me feel part of something bigger than I am, a kind of family of feels and feelers (that sounds terribly insectoid, though). :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I'm glad this community has grown and changed so much over the years. Though my original reading was long ago, and I've only reread Hanako and Shizune's routes, the other girls keep tugging at me. Namely Lilly. It's just that, a standard is set when you come upon the most powerful piece of anime media ever. It stumps every other piece of anime out there, and if not by far, then by enough. At least in my opinion. There's just too much "magical girl" and other BS out there... KS is about real, lifelike people with real life problems, and they become part of your heart forever. Since October 29 2012, my life was forever changed. Just the simple fact I remember the date should be enough to prove.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Rtil. It's all rtil.