Which choice will lead to an early grave?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yellowblack

Which choice will lead to an early grave?

Post by yellowblack »

Hello
While i was contemplating about the game after i finished all the routes, i tried to see the differences in things like the background and other event-make actions, like Hisao heart attacks.
In some routes the heart attacks are what makes the game move, i think, and by watching these events you can see that in some, we have lots of attacks while in others there isn't a lot or even one in others.
So i was thinking, using these facts, which of the girls has more probability of making Hisao have a heart attack?
brythain

Re: Which choice will lead to an early grave?

Post by brythain »

yellowblack wrote:Hello
While i was contemplating about the game after i finished all the routes, i tried to see the differences in things like the background and other event-make actions, like Hisao heart attacks.
In some routes the heart attacks are what makes the game move, i think, and by watching these events you can see that in some, we have lots of attacks while in others there isn't a lot or even one in others.
So i was thinking, using these facts, which of the girls has more probability of making Hisao have a heart attack?
Clearly Lilly... in her route he forgets to take his medicine and has at least one serious episode and possibly more than one.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

brythain wrote:Clearly Lilly... in her route he forgets to take his medicine and has at least one serious episode and possibly more than one.
Of course, Lilly's family also has the capital to afford for him the most cutting-edge medical treatments... Who even knows with Rin...
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I'd go with either Shizune or Lilly. Shizune would work him to death, Lilly work "work" him to death (hehehe).
Of course, he might suffer from spontaneous cute overload on Hanako's route, but, if Sisterhood is accepted as headcanon, then Hanako would just use CPR
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Well, one thing we can all agree on, is that Emi is the least likely to kill him off early :lol: He'll be far too fit to be at serious risk, not to mention her keeping on top of his medications!
  • Shizune
    Unlikely to kill him, I'd say. She seems far too sensible and tactical to put him in too much risk.
  • Hanako
    The cute factor may well have an affect here, but assuming he realistically wouldn't suffer much more than a flutter upon seeing something really quite cute/sexy, I'd say she's pretty safe. I can't imagine her doing much more than sitting with a book or typing stuff up.
  • Lilly
    Maybe risky. That sex drive may wither and die with age, but we all saw what happened in her route...
  • Rin
    An unknown unknown... Maybe as high a risk as Lilly, considering she'd be pretty much useless in the event Hisao does start having an attck
Alpacalypse wrote:[...]if Sisterhood is accepted as headcanon, then Hanako would just use CPR
Except CPR doesn't really do much for a heart attack :P What you're doing is acting as the casualty's diaphragm and trying to keep them alive until paramedics arrive, if I'm not mistaken
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
  • Shizune
Unlikely to kill him, I'd say. She seems far too sensible and tactical to put him in too much risk.
Risk you say...?

But I think I would trust Lilly or Rin the most. Lilly for the obvious reasons. (Even though it sounds risky to me) And rin is due to cause I have a big gut feelings everything will be alright.
My name may be "Gravy", but that doesn't mean I like gravy.
I have Narcolepsy.

Favorites in order: Rin, Suzu, Emi, Lilly, Hanako,Mishaha!, Shizune
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Interestingly enough, a very, very early prototype of Lilly knew CPR.

The things you find using the search function...
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Kenji's no girl, but he has the dubious honor of being the clear winner here.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Black Knight wrote:Kenji's no girl, but he has the dubious honor of being the clear winner here.
kenji is best girl
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:Well, one thing we can all agree on, is that Emi is the least likely to kill him off early :lol:
Not so fast! They could easily get a bit too competitive and overdo it…
Rin
An unknown unknown... Maybe as high a risk as Lilly, considering she'd be pretty much useless in the event Hisao does start having an attck
Also, smoking.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Without a doubt in my mind, Rin.

Hisao is a complete moron regarding his health in that route, and unlike the other ones where he acts stupid regarding it, he doesn't draw inspiration or even concern from the girl or those around him for it.

Hisao becomes a mirror in a sense towards every girl in every path. While Rin has a beautiful, active mind, she doesn't have the presence of mind to be healthy or make good choices regarding her health. Wandering alone on the streets at night, taking too much cold medicine, putting her body through hell while getting ready for the exhibition, smoking, walking through the rain and getting drenched, etc. I'm not expecting her to be a health/exercise nut like Emi, but to put it bluntly, she doesn't seem to take care of herself, nor does she seem to have any real desire to. I see it very easy for those habits to rub off on Hisao, even causing him to slide back into the depression he had during his time in the hospital.

It's been a while since I replayed Rin's route, but I seem to remember that Hisao's condition doesn't come up either at all or very much after she guesses it's his heart, at least compared to the other routes. I don't mean that she thinks it isn't a big deal, but more like she doesn't seem to care at all.

The other girls, if not actively encouraging Hisao to get better, would at least encourage him not to do anything to get worse.

So while she might not actually give Hisao a heart attack, I think his overall health - and therefore risk - is highest.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:[...]if Sisterhood is accepted as headcanon, then Hanako would just use CPR
Except CPR doesn't really do much for a heart attack :P What you're doing is acting as the casualty's diaphragm and trying to keep them alive until paramedics arrive, if I'm not mistaken
And there's me forgetting my basic first-aid training from cadets :lol:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
And there's me forgetting my basic first-aid training from cadets :lol:
Well I'm no medical professional myself, just some skrub on a forklift with Paramedical aspirations :lol:
Maybe someone in the know can clarify for us? Dr Silentcook, perchance? :3
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Black Knight wrote:Kenji's no girl, but he has the dubious honor of being the clear winner here.
kenji is best girl
[shimmie=2336]I'll just leave this here...[/shimmie]
Hey, what about characters who don't have routes? Take, for instance, Yuuko. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Yuuko, but a somewhat clumsy, somewhat forgetful girl is maybe not the best girlfriend for a guy with a heart condition. Just picture it: She's late for their date, runs to where he's waiting, and slams right into him.
(Suzu, on the other hand, would probably be safe. Can't cause much trouble when you're asleep.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

emmjay wrote: (Suzu, on the other hand, would probably be safe. Can't cause much trouble when you're asleep.)
That depends on your country's definition of Consent
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---