Rin and autism

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alpacalypse

Re: Rin and autism

Post by Alpacalypse »

Munchenhausen wrote:In actuality though, It's just a portrait of Oliver Cromwell, the main reason why the British monarchy doesn't have much power anymore.
I know that much. I am British and was forced to study the civil war in year 8. Was pretty interesting, actually.
Munchenhausen wrote:On an interesting note about the wart though, he actively wanted that in the painting.
Those who painted portraits have a habit of making whoever they're painting a bit more handsome/beautiful, because they were usually kings, queens or nobles. Age-old photoshop, if you will. Fixing crooked noses, removing monobrows etc etc.
When Parliament killed the king and this lad came to power, the portraiter asked him if he fancied his warts removed to improve his prettiness.
He said "No, keep them in. I want my people to see me for who I am, warts and all."

Which is where the saying 'warts and all' came from c:
Knew about Ye olde portrait photoshopping. Didn't know about the rest though (Cromwell just got some major props in my eyes). Yet another factoid I shall file away for completely inappropriate use in conversation :lol: .
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:In actuality though, It's just a portrait of Oliver Cromwell, the main reason why the British monarchy doesn't have much power anymore.
I know that much. I am British and was forced to study the civil war in year 8. Was pretty interesting, actually.
Nice to see another Britbong around these parts! :lol: As far as I was aware, only Coffeedrive (if he's still around) and Rhodri were also Brits.
Also my avatar should be enough to say that I'm actually a Civil War reenactor, and so I have copious interest for the topic ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:
Nice to see another Britbong around these parts! :lol: As far as I was aware, only Coffeedrive (if he's still around) and Rhodri were also Brits.
Also my avatar should be enough to say that I'm actually a Civil War reenactor, and so I have copious interest for the topic ;)
Everybody forgets I'm a Brit too. I have the 'copy of an entry in the registry of births and deaths' for a certain eastern county in England to prove it. :(
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote:Everybody forgets I'm a Brit too. I have the 'copy of an entry in the registry of births and deaths' for a certain eastern county in England to prove it. :(
I had no idea, mate! With your location being "East Asia", I assumed you simply had a very good grasp of English :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
brythain wrote:Everybody forgets I'm a Brit too. I have the 'copy of an entry in the registry of births and deaths' for a certain eastern county in England to prove it. :(
I had no idea, mate! With your location being "East Asia", I assumed you simply had a very good grasp of English :P
I think of it as 'English has a very strong hold on me'. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Munchenhausen wrote:only Coffeedrive (if he's still around) and Rhodri were also Brits.

Surprise!
I dont know the context on the conversation. But YES I am still here.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Steinherz wrote:Britbongs? Why not Britbong ship? (FIRE!!!)
Uuuummmm...

What am I watching, here?
I don't get it.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Britbongs? Why not Britbong ship? (FIRE!!!)
Uuuummmm...

What am I watching, here?
I don't get it.
Kongou from Kantai collection is a major Britbong (because historically, Japanese battleship Kongō was constructed in Vickers Shipbuilding Company, Barrow-in-Furness, England).
What she's saying is:
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
I'm the English born Kongou!
I'm the returnee, Kongou!
Today's nice weather too!
I wanna drink black tea!
I'm the dreadnought, Kongou!
The constructed Kongou!
It's our turn now!
Follow me, okay!?
New face, I'm Kongou!
You've got mail! I'm Kongou!
The battle results are in!
I won't forgive any love letters!
It's a big success! I'm Kongou!
Once I lock on, I'm not letting you go!
All guns FIRE!
The super-dreadnought constructed with Western technology at Vickers Company in England, I'm Kongou!
I'll show you my true power!
BUUURNING LOOOOVE!
All guns FIRE! All guns FIRE! All guns FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

This is kind of off-topic, but yeah :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I'm afraid I'm more of a tank man ;)
complete topic derailment but holy fuck the new girls Und Panzer movie trailer has fucktons of british tanks yes yes yes
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

If anything, Rin fits the criteria for PDD-NOS.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Mythic wrote:If anything, Rin fits the criteria for PDD-NOS.
That is what now?
I also draw, kind of.
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Steinherz wrote:That is what now?
You know how autism is a spectrum, right, and encompasses a bunch of stuff? Well, PDD-NOS used to fall into that in the DSM-IV but if I recall correctly, doesn't anymore. It stands for a pervasive development disorder not otherwise specified. It was often referred to as 'atypical autism', because PDD-NOS is often diagnosed when someone meets many requirements for being diagnosed with autism but then misses quite a few of the key ones. If anyone else has any other information they'd be willing to offer, that'd be great.
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Ah yes, DSM-V shuffled around a lot in it's update. Or are we on DSM-VI? I haven't been keeping up to date :lol:
Like how ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) has been renamed to ADHD-PI (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Predominantly Inattentive), to avoid confusion with ADD (Alcohol Dependancy Disorder).

But yeah, PDD-NOS. So does that equate in Laymans Terms as "Almost Autism"?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Linkarena

Post by Linkarena »

Munchenhausen wrote:Ah yes, DSM-V shuffled around a lot in it's update. Or are we on DSM-VI? I haven't been keeping up to date :lol:
Like how ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) has been renamed to ADHD-PI (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Predominantly Inattentive), to avoid confusion with ADD (Alcohol Dependancy Disorder).

But yeah, PDD-NOS. So does that equate in Laymans Terms as "Almost Autism"?
We're on the DSM-V now as far as I'm aware. In Laymans Terms I'd say that PDD-NOS is kind of hard to classify. It's a bit of a broad term as far as I'm aware, but then again, so is autism. It's similar to autism, but it has differences that set it apart. It can be very similar to autism, but that's not every case. Also, while some traits that show up in both autism and PDD-NOS are often more pronounced in autism, there are traits in both that are more severely pronounced in PDD-NOS. Again, if anyone else is more informed on the matter and could perhaps explain better than I, it would be nice.
I can't really choose a favourite. Probably Hanako. But then who's second?! Rin? Shizune? Lilly? Emi? I can't. I just can't.
Also, little fact: I cry REALLY easily when it comes to entertainment. KS? Got me a few times. Most anime with even a slight amount of sadness? The tears will flooooow.