Katawa Shoujo Steam Release

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

margheritachan

Katawa Shoujo Steam Release

Post by margheritachan »

A while ago a free visual novel called Everlasting Summer,which was developed by a russian team has been released on steam after being ,so i would like to ask the members of Four Leave Studio if they considered putting a censored version of Katawa Shoujo on Steam Greenlight and if they have any plan to do so in the future.
Here is the link to the Steam page of Everlasting Summer for reference.
Munchenhausen

Re: Katawa Shoujo Steam Release

Post by Munchenhausen »

Well, to have KS put on Steam would mean quite a bit of censoring, and not giving the reader the full experience. It was covered recently in the 'Ask' Thread, have a look at the more recent pages.
Aura, Katawa Shoujo developer, wrote:Unless Steam changes their stance on adult content, the chances of KS getting on Steam are 0.
Also welcome to the Forums :)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
margheritachan

Post by margheritachan »

Munchenhausen wrote:Well, to have KS put on Steam would mean quite a bit of censoring, and not giving the reader the full experience. It was covered recently in the 'Ask' Thread, have a look at the more recent pages.
Aura, Katawa Shoujo developer, wrote:Unless Steam changes their stance on adult content, the chances of KS getting on Steam are 0.
Also welcome to the Forums :)
Thanks for your welcome,lately the censored versions of a lot of visual novels have been released on Steam,so i would like to know if in light of these recent events the developers of Katawa Shoujo will consider putting their game on Steam Greenlight after making a few modification to the game that would make the NSFW content inaccessible to players or simply by removing it from the game files of the version that will end up on Steam.
Last edited by margheritachan on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Censorship is wrong. Steam requires any sexual content to be censored.
Yet brutal, violent murder is completely fine.

Steam is weird.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

margheritachan wrote:Thanks for your welcome,lately the censored versions of a lot of visual novels have been released on Steam,so i would like to know if in light of these recent events the developers of Katawa Shoujo will consider putting their game on Steam Greenlight after making a few modification to the game that would make the NSFW content inaccessible to players or simply by removing it from the game files of the version that will end up on Steam.
Yeah, I've seen a rise in VNs. What worries me is the fact that the sex scenes in Katawa Shoujo act as more than just 'sex scenes', and actually seem to convey a real meaning. Hanako's and Lilly's H-scenes, if I'm right, are pretty important to the plot.
Sort of a "We've reached a new stage in our relationship" kind of fucking, rather than a "put your thingie into my hoohaa so you at home can fap" kind :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
margheritachan

Post by margheritachan »

Yeah,censorship sucks and taking away scenes that are an integral part of the story it's a major bummer,but it's better to have a censored version on Steam that none at all,also it would make sure that Katawa Shoujo will always be there for those who wish to play it even after a couple of decades will have passed,in the same way those who wish to play Doom can still do so because that game is on Steam.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Put KS on steam, the increased risk of PewDiePie finding it becomes incalculable. God knows we don't him and his 'voicework' (dis)gracing KS.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

margheritachan wrote:but it's better to have a censored version on Steam that none at all
No, it's not. The integrity of KS's distribution and not having to bother ourselves with jumping through Steam's hoops is more valuable to us than whatever amount of exposition Steam distribution would result in. The correct reply to your question is quoted in the second post of this thread. For us to consider putting KS on Steam, they'd need to change their rules to allow it as is.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
margheritachan

Post by margheritachan »

Aura wrote:
margheritachan wrote:but it's better to have a censored version on Steam that none at all
No, it's not. The integrity of KS's distribution and not having to bother ourselves with jumping through Steam's hoops is more valuable to us than whatever amount of exposition Steam distribution would result in. The correct reply to your question is quoted in the second post of this thread. For us to consider putting KS on Steam, they'd need to change their rules to allow it as is.
I see,after having heard that from you i wil say no more,thanks for taking the time to answer.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

They allow restoration patches for adult content but thats it. So no KS im afraid.
Plus steam greenlight is the only way in this way, and thats kinda a pain in its own right.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl