Do I want to see the bad/neutral endings?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

san1111

Do I want to see the bad/neutral endings?

Post by san1111 »

I created this topic because my first attempt at KS failed miserably and I got Hanako's bad ending. This was one of the most depressing experiences of my life, I couldn't think about anything else for quite some time and I have that 'dem feels' feeling even as I'm writing this. I also haver to mention that Hanako was/is by far my favourite character in the game (let's admit it, I loved her as much as a visual novel character can be loved).

The idea of watchig the bad endings came to my mind because went to YouTube a moment ago and a user whose KS videos I followed just finished the series and now he's recording the neutral/bad endings and I wanted to know if I wanted to see them.
brythain

Re: Do I want to see the bad/neutral endings?

Post by brythain »

Yes.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Definitely.

Be prepared for the feels first, though.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Do you want to? No, probably not, but they're worth looking at, so... suck it up, I guess. That's kind of how I ended up handling it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
san1111

Post by san1111 »

Thanks, I'll be prepared then.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yeah because you're not a PUSSY. You can handle them, because you're a BOSS. If you can overcome the bad ends in Katawa Shoujo, you're ready to tackle any challenge in life. I believe in you.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:Yeah because you're not a PUSSY. You can handle them, because you're a BOSS. If you can overcome the bad ends in Katawa Shoujo, you're ready to tackle any challenge in life. I believe in you.
I so seldom see Aura out of the 'Ask' thread that I am overwhelmed by sensations of actually being a BOSS and ready to tackle any challenge in life...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Aura wrote:I believe in you.
And now TC, you must believe in the Aura that believes in you!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako's Bad End is not necessarily "The End" for them.
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:Yeah because you're not a PUSSY. You can handle them, because you're a BOSS. If you can overcome the bad ends in Katawa Shoujo, you're ready to tackle any challenge in life. I believe in you.
Best response in the thread.
Bar none, everyone else go the fuck home.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

To make things a little easier, remember that these are teenagers who are probably have their first serious relationship. Having it end on neutral or bad terms isn't that unusual.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Absolutely go through the bad ends. They are half the story and tell you a lot about the all the characters.

You've survived the worst (Hanako) now go get the rest.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Liminaut wrote:Absolutely go through the bad ends. They are half the story and tell you a lot about the all the characters.

You've survived the worst (Hanako) now go get the rest.
Just watch them if you don't want to play them.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:Absolutely go through the bad ends. They are half the story and tell you a lot about the all the characters.
Unless we're talking about Emi... then it's very brief and tell you absolutely nothing about her that you didn't already know.

She's just like, kbai Hisao fek u m8-

Which, brilliantly enough, is kind of the point of that ending.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

SpunkySix wrote:
Aura wrote:I believe in you.
And now TC, you must believe in the Aura that believes in you!
Listen san1111... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in Aura. Not the Aura who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

Seriously, go for it. There's a lot to be learned about the characters in those endings, and you can conquer those feels.
Last edited by FelOnyx on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.