Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Megumeru wrote:
Nantes wrote:It has been posted in this thread that one needs to know Japanese culture to adequately understand Shizune's route. Is there a FAQ/guide for this that doesn't spoil the story?
There's another discussion board concerning htis...somewhere. I can link you to it if I have the time and can find it.

...can someone else link it for now?
I just skimmed that post, but I don't really consider anything essential to "adequately understand Shizune's route"
In fact Megumeru's explanations probably go further than A22's knowledge on the topic.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Mirage_GSM wrote: I just skimmed that post, but I don't really consider anything essential to "adequately understand Shizune's route"
In fact Megumeru's explanations probably go further than A22's knowledge on the topic.
It's not essential per-say, but it's what I think are the little bits that lets you understand Shizune's character as a whole (and interpretation on certain scenes that may appear odd or seems to be unrelated).

Whether A22 does it on purpose or accidentally, to me it was the one route that hits me closest to home
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
AlexKidd

Post by AlexKidd »

To get back to the initial subject, I wonder how can you "hate" Misha?

(spoiler alert)

When you have completed Shizune's path and you know about Misha's feeling, you understand why she tends to be so loud.
Moreover, even if i would probably be annoyed by her constantly yelling irl, she is a comic relief compared to the boring Shizune in the game, and I also think this is the road where Hisao's thoughts are the funniest (especially the crushed note in the fist)
brythain

Post by brythain »

I like Misha. I had breakfast with her the other day. :

(And thank you, BMFJack, for that succinct explanation.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
brythain

Post by brythain »

So... does anyone else hate Misha?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

brythain wrote:So... does anyone else hate Misha?
Thank you for that PSA :)
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

I liked Misha overall. Sure, she can be overbearing at times, to the point where it helped nearly led to some potentially disastrous consequences in a certain route, but she seems like she has a good heart underneath.

Plus I kinda like the dynamic she and Shizune have. I can imagine that Misha's lack of voice control would make it hard for most people to be around her, but since Shizune is deaf, that isn't a problem and they end up working really well together and become close friends. For the most part...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Even if you find her annoying, I've yet to see a good reason to actually hate her.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

SpunkySix wrote:Even if you find her annoying, I've yet to see a good reason to actually hate her.
[Bad End]
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Charmant wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Even if you find her annoying, I've yet to see a good reason to actually hate her.
[Bad End]
Bad End wrote:Misha contrasts the genial smile on Shizune's face with a lonely expression of her own. If Misha is really jealous of me for stealing Shizune away from her, then it'd only make it worse if all three of us were together. I imagine it'd be like rubbing salt in an open wound. So I get the idea to let them spend time together. I'm not so idealistic that I think a single afternoon to themselves will solve everything, but it might help. It seems like the better option than going with them, because my presence definitely wouldn't help at all.
Hisao: "You two can go have fun, then. I'm going to go to bed early."
Shizune: "Are you sure? It's barely past lunch."
Hisao: "I told you, I don't feel too good today. I think I'm coming down with something."
Shizune: "I thought that you said excuses like that won't work."
She has me there.
Shizune:"It's okay. But refusing someone's invitation is rude. I'll expect you to make it up to me."
Shizune turns around and smiles at Misha, and starts signing something that I can't see. I assume it's along the lines of “it looks like it's just going to be the two of us.”
That's good.

Shizune: "When I feel like I'm finished, I wish I could just wipe the slate clean. Whether I succeed or not. I put Misha through a lot, and even dragged you into it. And every point where I could have solved this silly situation, or prevented it from happening in the first place, keeps coming back to me. It's the worst feeling. Especially when I feel like I've done nothing right and everything wrong. Like recently. It's the worst kind of failure. I feel like a failure on every level. I wish I could wipe away everything I've done and just be alone, since all I've done is mess with Misha for two years. And jerk you around for a year for selfish reasons."
Hisao: "It's fine."
Shizune: "No, it's not. You don't understand. I was just thinking about it; everything I do feels like I have to beat someone else. Everyone else, even. If that is how it is, then what are my relationships with people? They almost feel the same."
I can see where this is going.
Shizune: "The point is that I've messed up so many people by being selfish, and now I want to be away from other people for a while."
Hisao: "Even me?"
There's a pause.
Shizune: "Yes."
Followed by an even longer pause, this time from me.
Hisao: "I see. That's the most selfish thing you could do. It's just you making another decision by yourself."
Shizune: "…"
For a minute, it looks as though she's considering the best way to respond, but in the end, she simply nods. Which, I think, is the best way to respond anyway.
It's very like her, to be roundabout even now, but ultimately without excuses.
All my emotions simmer inside me. I see a kettle in front of me, water rolling inside it, so close that I can touch it and feel the heat radiating off of it. I'm glad for the distraction, because I know there's no recourse or bargaining possible.
Shizune: "You told me that everything was fine, but it wasn't true, was it? I can't believe it ever again, then."
Hisao: "All right."
Not even bothering to sign it, I stand up. My hands are in my pockets, fingering my loose change. The morning air is cold against my face. As I look back at her, she seems very lonely. I'm reminded of myself. I've made that expression before. Maybe it's on my face right now. It feels like the image of such a lonely girl will stick in my mind forever. Every moment where I could have prevented this, or solved the problem, comes back to me. It makes me smile in a way without amusement.
Yup, looking at those key scenes, Misha was a bit of a bitch, wasn't she? It's shameful the way she turned Shizune against an entirely blameless Hisao.

Whether you call her a harpy, a strumpet, a morgan, a charmonica, or a marimbat, the fact remains - it was all Misha's fault.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Atario

Post by Atario »

I'm not sure I follow shy Hisao should be completely blameless…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Like, really really sarcastic. And I agree with him. It's why I don't like Shizune. Even if you don't get the Bad End, most of that stuff is still true.
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Like, really really sarcastic. And I agree with him. It's why I don't like Shizune. Even if you don't get the Bad End, most of that stuff is still true.
It's why am sympathetic to Shizune. She's finally realised why her life is so screwed up, and she's going to take the time to try and grapple with that. Who knows? After the SBE, she might become a wiser and better person, because at the very least, she's learnt something about herself and what she might be able to do about it.

And I can't hate Misha, because she's pretty much the victim of all this—and yet, she will still try her best to muddle through and make something of her own life.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Charmant wrote:
[Bad End]
Doesn't matter, had sex
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

To hate or not to hate, that is the question. Whether tis nobler to understand the suffering in her heart, or to comfort her and by comforting, be lonely? To cheat, perhaps to be faithful, ay thats the rub for in that comforting what end may come?
in all seriousness though, think on what she says on the rooftop, and how she phrases things. Is she loud? Omfg yes. Is she annoying? By most standards, yes. Should we hate her? Mehhhhhh. Shes loud so people dont pick up on her loneliness. Anyhooottttt, if you think you're going to hate her even more over the other routes, I suggest going ahead with shizunes route so you'll understand her more. I did opposite and saved for last and realized I disliked her for what she said and now ehat she meant.
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made