Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nantes

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by Nantes »

Liminaut wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Megumeru wrote:blonde nympho
I prefer the term "blue eyed floozy", myself.
Considering who Freddie was really signing about ... Is Lilly the 'trap' route now? :D
I know I'm getting off topic here (and in my own thread to boot), but I was thinking the same thing :D
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Liminaut wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Megumeru wrote:blonde nympho
I prefer the term "blue eyed floozy", myself.
Considering who Freddie was really signing about ... Is Lilly the 'trap' route now? :D
The song was written by the guitarist, Brian May. It's definitely about girl butts.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Liminaut wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:I prefer the term "blue eyed floozy", myself.
The song was written by the guitarist, Brian May. It's definitely about girl butts.
That and people keep forgetting Freddie was bisexual....
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Steinherz wrote:That and people keep forgetting Freddie was bisexual....
Freddie was bisexual. Misha was bisexual. Freddie was Misha. Explains why I don't care for either of them.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Ryusashi wrote:1) the other half shizune. Thats it. How else is anyone going to understand the deaf chick if no one can hear her? (Sounds harsh but not everyone is going to try and learn sign language).
I have never known any deaf people who had or needed interpreters… 'course, it does help the story.
Charmant wrote:Freddie was Misha. Explains why I don't care for either of them.
I don't think I trust your taste anymore
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Atario wrote:
Charmant wrote:Freddie was Misha. Explains why I don't care for either of them.
I don't think I trust your taste anymore
I never trusted his tastes.
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

Atario wrote:
Ryusashi wrote:1) the other half shizune. Thats it. How else is anyone going to understand the deaf chick if no one can hear her? (Sounds harsh but not everyone is going to try and learn sign language).
I have never known any deaf people who had or needed interpreters… 'course, it does help the story.
Thats what I meant. Like the banter between Lilly and Shizune can ONLY really happen because of misha. Granted, in Shizune route he does learn it but I dont think Lilly and Shizune would learn "deafblind sign language" just to talk to each other. And that would be kinda awkward to argue. Gently but angrily rubbing finger/palms over each other. Be fun as hell to watch lol
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made
brythain

Post by brythain »

Ryusashi wrote:
Atario wrote:
Thats what I meant. Like the banter between Lilly and Shizune can ONLY really happen because of misha. Granted, in Shizune route he does learn it but I dont think Lilly and Shizune would learn "deafblind sign language" just to talk to each other. And that would be kinda awkward to argue. Gently but angrily rubbing finger/palms over each other. Be fun as hell to watch lol
I suspect Lilly and Shizune do know at least one variety of deaf/blind language, but since their enmity began, they haven't used it and Misha is forced to interpret for them. After all, they are relatively close cousins—Akira brings Hideaki out on trips, and they go fishing together in Shizune's arc.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

brythain wrote:
Ryusashi wrote:Thats what I meant. Like the banter between Lilly and Shizune can ONLY really happen because of misha. Granted, in Shizune route he does learn it but I dont think Lilly and Shizune would learn "deafblind sign language" just to talk to each other. And that would be kinda awkward to argue. Gently but angrily rubbing finger/palms over each other. Be fun as hell to watch lol
I suspect Lilly and Shizune do know at least one variety of deaf/blind language, but since their enmity began, they haven't used it and Misha is forced to interpret for them. After all, they are relatively close cousins—Akira brings Hideaki out on trips, and they go fishing together in Shizune's arc.
This is a much more sensible interpretation.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Megumeru wrote:most of the time it takes multiple reads to actually understand Shizune and Misha duo as a whole.
Maybe for you. I thought they were pretty tranparent, and even guessed Misha's "secret" pretty early on.
Megumeru wrote:nympho
For the record, she has a healthy adolescent sex drive.
Munchenhausen wrote:Hey now, Shizune's route isn't that bad.
Actually, it is.
Munchenhausen wrote:there are only a handful of choices to select
If you don't count Act One, there is exactly one choice.
Munchenhausen wrote:but the route itself is pretty good.
No, it isn't.
Munchenhausen wrote:Shizune's hot, man. Dem H-scenes are some of the best.
On this we agree. Shizune is leagues hotter than any two of the other girls combined. But her route is just plain bad.
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:there are only a handful of choices to select
If you don't count Act One, there is exactly one choice.
Munchenhausen wrote:but the route itself is pretty good.
No, it isn't.
Actually, this one of the points that polarises people. I'd argue that it is a good route simply because you have so little choice, and that this particular choice is arguably a simple test of whether you've been paying attention or not (alternatively, whether you're sensitive despite your sense of not having much choice).

Just as in anything called a route, some people prefer one which doesn't offer too much choice. This allows you to enjoy the scenery knowing that as long as you don't crash the pretty obvious police roadblock, you'll be fine.

On the other hand, if you don't like it because of the scenery, do tell.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Actually, this one of the points that polarises people. I'd argue that it is a good route simply because you have so little choice, and that this particular choice is arguably a simple test of whether you've been paying attention or not
and whether your particular interpretation of the word "comfort" matches the writers.
Not Dead Yet
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Oddball wrote:
Actually, this one of the points that polarises people. I'd argue that it is a good route simply because you have so little choice, and that this particular choice is arguably a simple test of whether you've been paying attention or not
and whether your particular interpretation of the word "comfort" matches the writers.
Which it should because it's made very obvious.
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

metalangel wrote:
brythain wrote:
Ryusashi wrote:Thats what I meant. Like the banter between Lilly and Shizune can ONLY really happen because of misha. Granted, in Shizune route he does learn it but I dont think Lilly and Shizune would learn "deafblind sign language" just to talk to each other. And that would be kinda awkward to argue. Gently but angrily rubbing finger/palms over each other. Be fun as hell to watch lol
This is a much more sensible interpretation.
hmmm... I forgot about the pic akira shows. Maybe they were close enough that they wanted to talk (as shizune hates the pad writing and lily cant see. Granted she could write in braile and lilly could tell what she wrote as the lead would leave an indention) but I doubt it. We dont know if Shizune went to the same private girl school as Lilly before. If not then they wouldn't interact as much and wouldn't need to learn it. After all, the families themselves weren't close (as one of the lines akira says is "The family's feud never bother them. They used to be close but something happened and that all changed." [Dont quote me I dont remember exactly. I was speed reading so I could go to sleep. Im weird in that I wanted to finish a scene before going to bed]). I'm not saying its not possible just highly implausible. As we dont know all their history its up to us to believe what we think it could be.
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

Charmant wrote:
Oddball wrote:
Which it should because it's made very obvious.
Subtext was important in that scene. If I hadnt been careful and saw that I would have messed up thinking what (probably) a lot thought. I like comforting but not in the way the subtext meant.