Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:It is mentioned that Shizune is mute by choice. One thing I learned about deafness is how difficult it is for them to learn about speech since you can't perceive the difference in tone and pronunciation. It was mentioned thaf she was deaf by choice, and I believe that reason was justified.
No no, she is deaf not by choice, and she is mute (probably for the reasons you've given) somewhat by choice, in the sense that she does not speak intelligibly and has chosen not to attempt it (as far as we know). She can still make sounds though, that much is obvious in the route...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Megumeru wrote:It is mentioned that Shizune is mute by choice. One thing I learned about deafness is how difficult it is for them to learn about speech since you can't perceive the difference in tone and pronunciation. It was mentioned thaf she was deaf by choice, and I believe that reason was justified.
No no, she is deaf not by choice, and she is mute (probably for the reasons you've given) somewhat by choice, in the sense that she does not speak intelligibly and has chosen not to attempt it (as far as we know). She can still make sounds though, that much is obvious in the route...
She can't be deaf by choice, which is pretty counter-productive counting her character. Although we can make the argument that she went deaf by choice after Jigoro made a crude dad joke that caused her mother to commit suicide, Hideaki to question his fashion sense and gender, and Shizune to stuck a pencil in her ear :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:
brythain wrote:
She can't be deaf by choice, which is pretty counter-productive counting her character. Although we can make the argument that she went deaf by choice after Jigoro made a crude dad joke that caused her mother to commit suicide, Hideaki to question his fashion sense and gender, and Shizune to stuck a pencil in her ear :lol:
You have inspired me to elaborate on my biography of Hakamichi Jigoro. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Atario wrote:
Megumeru wrote:It's not an easy feels-spoon feeding frenzy like the blonde nympho
Sigh -_-

I'm always with you, right up to the point where you decide you have to shit on someone else's favorite in order to boost your own…
Ah, I'm sorry but I didn't mean it in a bad way. :) :lol:

I just learned the meaning of 'nympho' and try to use it as much as possible. Such a fun word to use--that, and rereading KS during the break made me think a bit that Lilly's statement of her 'healthy adolescent sex drive' basically says 'i like sex so much', which led to my conclusion

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ryusashi wrote:
brythain wrote: Let me introduce you to cultural context. :D [LINK] (Warning, might trigger unpleasant thoughts.)
I didn't know hisao was in the military. And idk how misha became a prostitute. Shoulda seem it coming.... but in all seriousness, thats a f***ed up thing to link. As most "comfort women" were sex slaves, I dont recall giving her a call randomly and banging.
Well, I was aware of the subtext and I've never been in any military nor is English my native language. It's also not exclusively used for sex slavery - though I'd be very careful about when to use the second definition...
Oh, and apparently KS served to raise the popularity of this expression even more...
Steinherz wrote:And yet she is shown to be able to make verbal noises in her own route. Which implies she's not completely mute. Muteness means you're unable to make any sound at all.
Ergo, she's deaf and mute by choice, not a deaf-mute.
I don't know where you got that definition, but there are various different kinds of muteness.
wikipedia wrote:Those who are physically mute may have problems with the parts of the human body required for human speech (the throat, vocal cords, lungs, mouth, or tongue, etc.).
That's a whole range of diferent things and according to this (rather broad) definition you'd be considered mute even if you can make sounds like moans or laughter as long as you can't vocalize speech.
BMFJack wrote:To that end, I think I remember Jigoro saying something about her refusing to talk, no matter what he did. That implies that she is mute by choice. Jigoro may be a douche, but I don't think he's that much of a douche.
You have a better opinion of Jigoro than I do.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Ryusashi wrote:
brythain wrote: Let me introduce you to cultural context. :D [LINK] (Warning, might trigger unpleasant thoughts.)
I didn't know hisao was in the military. And idk how misha became a prostitute. Shoulda seem it coming.... but in all seriousness, thats a f***ed up thing to link. As most "comfort women" were sex slaves, I dont recall giving her a call randomly and banging.
Well, I was aware of the subtext and I've never been in any military nor is English my native language. It's also not exclusively used for sex slavery - though I'd be very careful about when to use the second definition...
Oh, and apparently KS served to raise the popularity of this expression even more
Comfort sex CAN be comforting, but did you see mishas face? Not very comfortable looking to me... she did it out of lust for companionship.... or maybe like someone else put it (ill just cheat a little), she just wanted indirect goods of shizune. But for real, Misha s problem is that she doesn't actually know what she wants.
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There may be various interpretations for Misha's expression in that CG but lust would have been right of the bottom of my list^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

It has been posted in this thread that one needs to know Japanese culture to adequately understand Shizune's route. Is there a FAQ/guide for this that doesn't spoil the story?
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:On the other hand, if you don't like it because of the scenery, do tell.
Don't bother, man. You're pouring effort down a black hole with this guy.
Oddball wrote:whether your particular interpretation of the word "comfort" matches the writers.
You mean Misha's. She's not subtle about it.
Megumeru wrote:We use a different word than that over here, which if used in this board might rustle a lot more jimmies. Nympho is pretty tame.
And both imply that it's wrong for women to like sex. I wouldn't be proud of that if I were you.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Megumeru wrote:
Atario wrote:
Megumeru wrote:It's not an easy feels-spoon feeding frenzy like the blonde nympho
Sigh -_-

I'm always with you, right up to the point where you decide you have to shit on someone else's favorite in order to boost your own…
Ah, I'm sorry but I didn't mean it in a bad way. :) :lol:

I just learned the meaning of 'nympho' and try to use it as much as possible. Such a fun word to use--that, and rereading KS during the break made me think a bit that Lilly's statement of her 'healthy adolescent sex drive' basically says 'i like sex so much', which led to my conclusion
Lilly is a nympho. That is an accurate conclusion. :lol:
metalangel wrote:"Mute" is generally considered to be an offensive term in the Deaf community...
So people just take offense to anything at all these days, don't they? God forbid "mute" just be a technically incorrect term, no, it's gotta be offensive. Honestly...
brythain

Post by brythain »

It's interesting how this thread has ended up being about Shizune rather than Misha.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Atario wrote: And both imply that it's wrong for women to like sex. I wouldn't be proud of that if I were you.
I've never heard nymphomaniac used in that context, or at least when it's shortened to "nympho". You could say it's offensive because the word applies to women exclusively, but I think it just means she has an unusually "healthy" sex drive. I've never seen it used to shame anyone.

Back on topic, however, what's wrong with the term "deaf-mute"?
brythain wrote:It's interesting how this thread has ended up being about Shizune rather than Misha.
Isn't that just how Misha would have wanted it? ;)
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Nantes wrote:It has been posted in this thread that one needs to know Japanese culture to adequately understand Shizune's route. Is there a FAQ/guide for this that doesn't spoil the story?
There's another discussion board concerning htis...somewhere. I can link you to it if I have the time and can find it.

...can someone else link it for now?

SHII-HAEL!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:...can someone else link it for now?
[HERE] is a link to almost everything you've said about Shizune and cultural influences...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Megumeru wrote:...can someone else link it for now?
[HERE] is a link to almost everything you've said about Shizune and cultural influences...

here's a direct link to the list and explanation. I'd list some more once I have the time again :D
Cultural links and references

SHII-HAEL!