Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by SpunkySix »

Charmant wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Even if you find her annoying, I've yet to see a good reason to actually hate her.
[Bad End]
That's assuming the bad end actually happens, though.

I will say that trying to get with Hisao at the end and betraying Shizune there was totally, 100% wrong, but even then I'm not sure I hate her for it. It comes from a place of severe depression and loneliness well beyond the usual shallow motivations for that sort of thing, which doesn't justify it at all, but it does make her more sympathetic than another person doing the same thing would be.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
Charmant wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Even if you find her annoying, I've yet to see a good reason to actually hate her.
[Bad End]
That's assuming the bad end actually happens, though.

I will say that trying to get with Hisao at the end and betraying Shizune there was totally, 100% wrong, but even then I'm not sure I hate her for it. It comes from a place of severe depression and loneliness well beyond the usual shallow motivations for that sort of thing, which doesn't justify it at all, but it does make her more sympathetic than another person doing the same thing would be.
This actually made me want to expand Misha's background further (headcanon wise)

I have this theory that Misha actually--despite being loud--is almost as lonely as Shizune. Maybe she came from an unstable family background that may sent her off to Yamaku for her to avoid the 'unpleasantries'; she may have lived in Tokyo prior, but was sent outside the city for that very reason.

This in turn made Shizune her only solace (and to some extent Hisao an even bigger douche)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Megumeru wrote: This actually made me want to expand Misha's background further (headcanon wise)

I have this theory that Misha actually--despite being loud--is almost as lonely as Shizune. Maybe she came from an unstable family background that may sent her off to Yamaku for her to avoid the 'unpleasantries'; she may have lived in Tokyo prior, but was sent outside the city for that very reason.

This in turn made Shizune her only solace (and to some extent Hisao an even bigger douche)
Not sure what Misha's family possibly sucking has anything to do with Hisao...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It just so happens that Shizune likes (evolves to love) Hisao, which cannot be said with how she treats Misha. She likes Misha as a friend, and Hisao as a lover. Two different levels.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Megumeru wrote: This actually made me want to expand Misha's background further (headcanon wise)

I wouldn't call this headcannon but rather the most straightforward interpretation.

Consider where Misha tells Hisao about her past on the rooftop. She says that when she came to Yamaku, she was hoping that nobody would talk to her, and that this would be a big step up for her. Ow.

Misha has a lot of pain in her life.