Anyone else hate Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nantes

Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by Nantes »

I just finished my first route, Hanako, and now have to decide which girl to pursue next. One thing I know for certain: Shizune's route will be the last one I'll take, if only because there will certainly be an unhealthy amount of Misha interaction bundled with it. Here's why:

- Reading her ~~~~~'s in almost every line is annoying as fuck. It brings to mind these really empty-headed, superficial women who say "like" and "you know" all the time. We all know the type.
- She is completely oblivious to social discretion, which has created quite a few unpleasant situations in Hanako's arc, and I imagine she does the same for the other girls as well.
- She is always happy and merry. I'm very suspicious of people who are giddy all the time.
- The fact that it's often hard to tell whether it's her or Shizune who's speaking. I can generally tell because of the absence of said ~~~~~'s, though.
- Related to the above, how she's always a subservient shadow of Shizune, having little deciding power of her own.
- How she's perhaps the dumbest character in the entire school, save that one boy with mental retardation in Hisao's class.
- Other reasons I probably forget to list.

Anyone else tackled Shizune's route last because of Misha?
Last edited by Nantes on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rhodri

Re: Anyone else hate Misha?

Post by Rhodri »

Boy, prepare for a world of pain...
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

All I will say is that you should really play Shizune's route, it will compleatly change the way you see Misha.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

FelOnyx wrote:All I will say is that you should really play Shizune's route, it will compleatly change the way you see Misha.
All right, I'll take your word for it and make Shizune's route second-to-last. I'll leave Rin as last since she's the weirdest character by far.

I just recalled another reason to dislike Misha: she's the foil of Shizune, being the opposite of her in almost every way in terms of personality and behavior (I say "almost" because Lilly manages to be even more different from Misha). So it seems Misha's there for the sake of providing I don't know... comic relief? Or to make Shizune seem more appealing and agreeable because the player is always subconsciously comparing the two? I'm not sure.

Edit: Coincidentally, five minutes after writing the above, while playing Lilly's route the game gives me a good example of the above. http://prntscr.com/5n3zsi . So "contrast" was the word I was looking for!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

*reads the title*
Oh boy, here we go
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I did read Shizune's route last, but because Shizune is my least favourite girl.

Some of the things you dislike about Misha come down to personal taste, but a lot of them are plain wrong. Given what you posted, Shizune's route probably won't make you like her, but it will surely remove some preconceptions...

Oh, and there isn't any boy with mental retardation in Hisao's class. Yamaku doesn't accept students with mental disabilities.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

I do.

Stupid fatty has no redeeming value. Also, why are her thighs so fat?

The end of Emi's route can really emphasise just how useless a waste of space she is. That is, if you go the right (read: wrong) way.

And you're right to save Shizune's route for last if you don't like Misha. Just more of the same with absolutely no insight into her character.

Yup, just a fat stupid waste of fat stupid space and fat stupid oxygen.

I feel I should probably note that this isn't a serious reply. There are indicators all over, but I've learned that some people just don't get subtlety.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Nantes wrote:- How she's perhaps the dumbest character in the entire school, save that one boy with mental retardation in Hisao's class.
If you're referring to Taro Arai (fat kid, slouching in the back of the classroom CG with his tongue out), he's like that because he has Monoplegia, which is a paralysis of a single limb, usually an arm.
ProfAllister wrote:*snip*
There's a reason why you're one of my favorite people on these forums Prof. That response being one of them :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Nantes

Post by Nantes »

Steinherz wrote:
Nantes wrote:- How she's perhaps the dumbest character in the entire school, save that one boy with mental retardation in Hisao's class.
If you're referring to Taro Arai (fat kid, slouching in the back of the classroom CG with his tongue out), he's like that because he has Monoplegia, which is a paralysis of a single limb, usually an arm.
Yeah that was the one I had in mind. Didn't know that Yamaku didn't accept people with mental disabilities like the guy above said, I feel ignorant now. Thank you!

If he has only a single limb paralyzed though, would it be his tongue?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Nantes wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Yeah that was the one I had in mind. Didn't know that Yamaku didn't accept people with mental disabilities like the guy above said, I feel ignorant now. Thank you!

If he has only a single limb paralyzed though, would it be his tongue?
Nope, he's just passed out :lol: (people assume his paralyzed limb is his right arm however)
I also draw, kind of.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Well what can I say but the well known phrase of you shouldnt judge a book by its cover. Hell I like Misha more then Shizune herself and even wish she had her own route, though thats not likely since she only likes girls (dont think its stated specifically in the game wether she is a lesbian or bi), so I dont think it would work with Hisao as a main character.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

I do agree with you that Misha is an annoying and despicable character, it really isn't worth making a thread about.

Post your ventilations in the "Random KS Discussion" thread instead.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
brythain

Post by brythain »

I hate Misha so much that I can't stop writing absolutely terrible things about her. :wink:
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hanako's route was the first one I completed, and like you, I didn't really like Misha. Then when you learn about her in Shizune's route, a lot of her personality makes sense.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

Haha wow
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote