I got KS mentioned in a book

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rhodri

I got KS mentioned in a book

Post by Rhodri »

So, next week my brother is going to become a published author, his book on display in major bookstores across the UK, Europe and the US. Atlas of Imagined Places: from Lilliput to Gotham City is the result of years of works in which he and his co-author have mapped out places from all sorts of fiction.
From Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot to superhero Wakanda, from Lilliput of Gulliver's Travels to Springfield in The Simpsons, a wondrous atlas of imagined places around the world. Locations from film, tv, literature, myths, comics and video games are plotted in a series of beautiful vintage-looking maps.

The maps feature fictional buildings, towns, cities and countries plus mountains and rivers, oceans and seas. Ever wondered where the Bates Motel was based? Or Bedford Falls in It's a Wonderful Life? The authors have taken years to research the likely geography of thousands of popular culture locations that have become almost real to us. Sometimes these are easy to work out but other times a bit of detective work is needed and the authors have been those detectives. By looking at the maps, you'll find that the revolution at Animal Farm happened next to Winnie the Pooh's home.

Each location has an extended index entry plus coordinates so you can find it on the maps. Illuminating essays accompanying the maps give a great insight into the stories behind the imaginary places, from Harry Potter's wizardry to Stone Age Bedrock in the Flintstones.

A stunning map collection of invented geography and topography drawn from the world’s imagination. Fascinating, beautiful and an essential book for any popular culture fan and map enthusiast.
A few weeks before his final submission to the publishers, he asked me for suggestions to help fill out the sparse looking area of north Japan. Because of that, check it out

In the index, the source of this little shoutout will be listed. From this, hopefully a few will learn of a charming little VN.
Last edited by Rhodri on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: I got KS mentioned in a book

Post by Silentcook »

:shock:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Now I know what I want for Christmas :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Wow.

Yamaku is actually in a real thing now. :shock:

Let's hope it doesn't get stomped by Godzilla.
Not Dead Yet
Grayest

Post by Grayest »

very cool!
What if the real 'Best girl' was the friends we made along the way?
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

And the book is out in the UK! In some places its due out next week next but if you're thinking of geting a copy yourself, I hope you enjoy!!!

"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Iceconsciousness

Post by Iceconsciousness »

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I hope this lets people discover KS, too.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Me thinks I'll have a look at this.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Most amazed to learn that Yamaku is close to Mitakihara :P Great stuff
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.