Search found 1358 matches

by Atario
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Reading Katawa Shoujo to someone else
Replies: 77
Views: 8038

Re: Reading Katawa Shoujo to someone else

This thread got me thinking about how I imagined the voices myself. Hisao: My own voice. Boring, but there it is. Emi: Pretty close to the Katawa Seiyu voice, but less bubbly and a bit higher pitched. Rin: Similar to the Katawa Seiyu voice, but much flatter and less expressive. Deadpan. Misha: Big a...
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:16 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

Re: It's the choices, dummy

Xanatos wrote:Is this some sort of revelation? Yeah, the choices are important to the message of the route. Did people not know this?
You would think so, from the by-now standard received wisdom that Hanako's lesson is "don't be a white knight".
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:55 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

Re: It's the choices, dummy

Steinherz wrote:But yeah, Shizune's bad end has nothing to due with Hisao cheating on her with Misha. Shizune never finds out.
Why does she need to find out for it to have an effect?
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:40 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

Re: It's the choices, dummy

wazuzu wrote:It's not cheating that gives you bad ending, but Misha distancing herself from both Hisao and Shizune.
But that distance is a result of guilty feelings over that betrayal.
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:11 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

Re: It's the choices, dummy

wazuzu wrote:Do you give a fudge about things you don't know?
What's your point?

I'm saying cheating on her gives the bad end and refraining gives the good. Therefore that's the lesson.
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:06 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

Re: It's the choices, dummy

wazuzu wrote:Funny conclusions you got there
Ooo, con-TROV-ur-see!
wazuzu wrote:Shizune. She never gives half a fudge about Hisao cheating
How could she? She never finds out.
by Atario
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:51 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: It's the choices, dummy
Replies: 25
Views: 2631

It's the choices, dummy

I think most people misinterpret the lessons the game is trying to teach. Asserted: the choices you make to get good/neutral/bad endings are what constitute the message. Emi Lesson: Consider the help and advice of others. Ignoring Mutou, Misha, and/or Meiko pushes you toward the bad ending; listenin...
by Atario
Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

kendrix wrote:I was a bit too meta here
See, I did the same thing. I like you.
by Atario
Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:35 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Nobody is kind for its own sake. They are kind because being so makes them feel good. All goodness is done because doing good pleases the individual. If they gained no personal fulfillment in goodness, they would have no incentive to do it. Everything a person does is ultimately selfish. I dispute ...
by Atario
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

I thought it might be possible that her route is something of an ego-booster, due to the idea that Hisao/The Player are able to look past Hanako's scars and whatnot whereas others aren't. The same could be argued, to some degree, about each girl in the game. But at some point the difference between...
by Atario
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Birthday!
Replies: 927
Views: 102023

Re: Birthday!

SpecimenSix wrote:Happy Birthday Hanako. I guess I'll pick up a bottle of wine after work for the occasion.
Whoa. Hanako with tsurime eyes freaks me out.
by Atario
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Xanatos wrote:Exactly why there's no need to pity her. :lol:
See, this guy gets it.
by Atario
Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

The Hanako bad ending sums this up pretty well I think people miss a critical point about her bad and neutral endings. Deciding to ignore Lilly's advice to refrain from going to Hanako gets you the neutral ending. What gets you the bad ending is abandoning Hanako at the same time Lilly leaves (Go i...
by Atario
Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 am
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Xanatos wrote:Ironically possibly the worst reason to get attached to her...
Empathy is not bad. Caring is not bad. Overdoing it is bad.
by Atario
Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm
Forum: Public Discussion
Topic: Which character did you get most attached to and why
Replies: 736
Views: 70683

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Loophole! Lilly was talking about it too! Therefore not gigolo play! :D