Obviously the game won't ever have VA, buuuut...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Obviously the game won't ever have VA, buuuut...

Post by Potato »

Can't say having them all recite the game title ever occurred to me. Would be kinda goofy and spoil the tone if it happened.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:Can't say having them all recite the game title ever occurred to me. Would be kinda goofy and spoil the tone if it happened.
It would be kind of off in the darker chapters, but I think part of the reason I had the idea was because the loading music was so cutesy. Maybe when the story gets sadder, the music could become more somber, and the voices would stop appearing. And maybe after Act 1, only the girl you picked, (or in Shizune's case, Misha) would say the title.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Can't say having them all recite the game title ever occurred to me. Would be kinda goofy and spoil the tone if it happened.
It would be kind of off in the darker chapters, but I think part of the reason I had the idea was because the loading music was so cutesy. Maybe when the story gets sadder, the music could become more somber, and the voices would stop appearing. And maybe after Act 1, only the girl you picked, (or in Shizune's case, Misha) would say the title.
That, or the voices just get increasingly depressed. And in Hanako's case, stuttery.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
That, or the voices just get increasingly depressed. And in Hanako's case, stuttery.
Oh man, that'd be dark... I like it though. Especially if, on the last screen before a bad ending, it was just Hisao's voice sounding lost, but right before a good ending, it was him AND the girl he was with sounding really happy together.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Oh man, that'd be dark... I like it though. Especially if, on the last screen before a bad ending, it was just Hisao's voice sounding lost, but right before a good ending, it was him AND the girl he was with sounding really happy together.
And after Hisao's lost voice, a gunshot.

Too far? Yeah, too far.

But Hanako and Rin have neutral ends, they'd need extra voice bits unless it would just count as bad ones...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

There are credits, aren't there?
What if after Hanako's bad end, there's a door slam and throughout the credits rolling the only sound is her crying from behind a door.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:There are credits, aren't there?
What if after Hanako's bad end, there's a door slam and throughout the credits rolling the only sound is her crying from behind a door.
You're a monster.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Munchenhausen wrote:There are credits, aren't there?
Well, that's a little bit depressing...
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Eww thats just sounds disgusting
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Potato

Post by Potato »

Good Ends: Hisao and [whichever girl] are heard happily chiming "Katawa Shoujo!~" over the credits.

Bad Ends:

Rin: Credits are accompanied by sounds of a TV news report about a student's demise, starved in a tiny room above an art studio. The remainder of the credits is the sound of Nomiya encouraging a new art prodigy at Yamaku and restarting the cycle.

Lilly: Credits are accompanied by the sounds of a crashing plane. The remainder of the credits is the sound of eulogy and weeping as at a funeral.

Emi: Credits are accompanied all the way through by the sounds of sobbing and whispered pleas for her father as Emi suffers more nightmares alone.

Hanako: Credits are accompanied by a door slam. The remainder of the credits is the sound of her crying and stuttering from behind the door.

Shizune: Credits are accompanied by the metallic noise of a fence breaking, a whooshing as of wind rushing past a falling object, then a sickening splat and crunch of flesh and bone. The remainder of the credits is the sound of police investigation.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Okay we need to turn this around, now I'm just getting honestly sad. :cry:
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Okay we need to turn this around, now I'm just getting honestly sad. :cry:
I honestly agree for once. :lol: That might be the darkest stuff I've invented in a long while...

So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits? Every one just cutely reciting the title lacks personalization.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Okay we need to turn this around, now I'm just getting honestly sad. :cry:
I honestly agree for once. :lol: That might be the darkest stuff I've invented in a long while...

So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits? Every one just cutely reciting the title lacks personalization.
Well, I really liked the transitions between chapters where it showed Hisao and girl just kind of doing happy stuff together. The part where he gives Emi a boost on his shoulders is still one of my favorite images. Maybe they could have some still shots of character specific fun things, like running or chess or tea drinking or whatever, accompanied by cute, snuggly sounding conversation playing over it, ending in a heartfelt, clearly genuine, "I love you" of sorts.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Potato wrote: So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits?
Nothing that wouldn't interfere in some way with the author's chosen conclusion to each arc.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
Potato wrote: So what happy-end stuff could happen during the credits?
Nothing that wouldn't interfere in some way with the author's chosen conclusion to each arc.
Really? I mean, Emi's at least ended with her being all "the adventure continues" so I'm sure they could show the two love birds doing fun stuff together without contradicting anything that was massively implied anyway.