Hisao Nakai - Thoughts on our protagonist?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Liminaut

Re: Hisao Nakai - Thoughts on our protagonist?

Post by Liminaut »

someguy1294 wrote:
He does get quite a bit assertive later on in the ark... he's mostly just a limp-dick in Act 1. He really lets Shizune and Misha drag him around everywhere. Which happens a little in the Act 1 of ALL the routes, but seems more prominent in Shizune's Act 1.
That's actually kind of the point. Hisao is really depressed in Act 1, especially in Shizune's route. It's very understandable. He's found out he's got a life threatening incurable illness and he's nowhere close to dealing with that; he's just spent 4 months in near-solitary at the hospital; he's just had his whole life derailed and is dropped into cripple school. So yes, he's a complete mess in Act1. He does rather well, all things considered.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I'm replaying this now: ohhhh boy is he an idiot.

Hey Hanako, sorry about that thing I did yesterday. Thought I'd bring it up again.
Hey Lilly, sorry about that thing I did yesterday. Have a half hearted apology.
I see that you two are pretty good friends. Mind if I follow you around?

Dear lord.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hey Hanako, sorry about that thing I did yesterday. Thought I'd bring it up again.
What's so idiotic about apologizing?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Guest Poster wrote:
What's so idiotic about apologizing?
It's certainly better than pretending nothing ever happened, and I think it's likely what I'd have done in that situation. As has already been said in this here thread, Hisao is borderline-depressed at this stage, he has no-one that he can actively call a friend, and he's likely to want to do anything to avoid burning any bridges early on, Act 1 spoiler hence his self-directed vitriol at the start of 'Kenji's route'.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.