First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: First impression of the girls vs final impressions?

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Or hearing problem?
I really couldn't sympathize much with Emi for a lot of the route...She just made me wanna smack her upside the head for being dumb as hell. :lol:
https://derpicdn.net/img/2013/7/21/379997/thumb.gif

ISN'T IT GREAT THAT WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE OPINIONS CAN BE FREELY EXPRESSED GUYS HUH ISN'T THAT JUST DANDY?!
Last edited by SpunkySix on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
Her hearing problem is Shizune.

I really couldn't sympathize much with Emi for a lot of the route...She just made me wanna smack her upside the head for being dumb as hell. :lol: Which was made worse by the realization that I've made every one of her mistakes myself in past.
Including... that one? Impressive, must be said.

That said, I'm not sure how she was being dumb as hell. We all have stuff that we really don't wanna talk about, or think about (and if you don't then you're a very lucky wotsit), so I can't blame her about being super-defensive around Hisao, particularly knowing she could get close to him and then lose him, just like that.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Including... that one? Impressive, must be said.

That said, I'm not sure how she was being dumb as hell. We all have stuff that we really don't wanna talk about, or think about (and if you don't then you're a very lucky wotsit), so I can't blame her about being super-defensive around Hisao, particularly knowing she could get close to him and then lose him, just like that.
"I don't wanna lose anybody...So I'll just behave in a way that insures I lose everybody and die alone! I AM A LOGIC AND GRAMMAR GOODLY!"

That's how. :|

And I don't consider that one to be a mistake on her part. :P

@Spunky: Also, your haircut's dorky. (<3)
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
"I don't wanna lose anybody...So I'll just behave in a way that insures I lose everybody and die alone! I AM A LOGIC AND GRAMMAR GOODLY!"

Well, logically that makes sense but I guess you're right, that's pretty much a one-way ticket to depression-town, thinking like that. I suppose pushing herself to self-destruction sometimes does have it's silly moments too.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:

Well, logically that makes sense but I guess you're right, that's pretty much a one-way ticket to depression-town, thinking like that. I suppose pushing herself to self-destruction sometimes does have it's silly moments too.
It makes sense but only in the most backwards way ever. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T HELP ME HISAO!"

"Yeah, because you're being a stubborn bitch and not telling me anything. Fuck this anyway, Shizune's hotter. *shades, moonwalks backwards down the hall*"
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Potato wrote:
Her hearing problem is Shizune.

I really couldn't sympathize much with Emi for a lot of the route...She just made me wanna smack her upside the head for being dumb as hell. :lol: Which was made worse by the realization that I've made every one of her mistakes myself in past.
I thought Shizune lost her hearing due to Misha.

In a random wacky theory (slightly intoxicated with beer), Shizune actually went deaf--or decided to be deaf--after she met Misha, a megaphone, and a wahahaha.

And Emi has that tragic case going on with her accident that pushed her to 'hide' a lot of things, or to escape. As irritating and selfish as it is, there has to be a reason why she react that way in the first place. After going through her route, I can actually sympathize with her and understand. :mrgreen:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:*shades, moonwalks backwards down the hall*
So… walks normally? 8)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Megumeru wrote: Lilly: A-typical Yamato Nadeshiko-esque personality-wise.
You mean I'm NOT the only person on this site who finds Lilly dull!? *bro-fist* :mrgreen:
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:
You mean I'm NOT the only person on this site who finds Lilly dull!? *bro-fist* :mrgreen:
Because that post reads "Lilly: Dull". :roll:
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
Because that post reads "Lilly: Dull". :roll:
It seemed Megumeru was implying Lilly to be archetypical/cliche, which I read as dull. Megu can tell me if I'm wrong.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:It seemed Megumeru was implying Lilly to be archetypical/cliche, which I read as dull. Megu can tell me if I'm wrong.
They're all archetypal. That's the curse of fictional beings. :lol:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

someguy1294 wrote:
You're in good company *bro-fist* :mrgreen:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
You're in good company *bro-fist* :mrgreen:
My, my... this is most unfortunate.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:My, my... this is most unfortunate.
B-but L-Lilly's NOT dull!!! Ivegottogodosomethingaboutit!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Potato wrote:Never knew being shy due to horrible trauma could ever be described as "obnoxious". :lol:
I guess "frustrating" would be a better word to use than "obnoxious".
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2