Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Closed)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

AlphaWarMeister

Re: Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Recruiting)

Post by AlphaWarMeister »

I would love to try my luck as a voice actor if given the opportunity :) This whole project is an amazing idea and i would love to be part of it. If not voice I could always help with organization or even editing if need be. I added you on Skype so we can talk more if you are ok with it. I also have a few neat ideas that could be implemented. All and all I'm very exited by all of this

-AlphaWarMeister
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

AlphaWarMeister wrote:I would love to try my luck as a voice actor if given the opportunity :) This whole project is an amazing idea and i would love to be part of it. If not voice I could always help with organization or even editing if need be. I added you on Skype so we can talk more if you are ok with it. I also have a few neat ideas that could be implemented. All and all I'm very exited by all of this

-AlphaWarMeister
If you would like to try out for a voice acting spot, then I need to you to pm me with an audition and what role you will be playing for.

Thanks for your interest,
Death
This is a fancy sentence.
xero

Post by xero »

It's Koala from FJ and I'll send in a voice tape
Life is a beautiful lie while death is a painful truth
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

xero wrote:It's Koala from FJ and I'll send in a voice tape
For your audition, I need to know what character you want to voice.
xero

Post by xero »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
xero wrote:It's Koala from FJ and I'll send in a voice tape
For your audition, I need to know what character you want to voice.
...I gotta think about that now lol
Life is a beautiful lie while death is a painful truth
GiovanniZeko

Post by GiovanniZeko »

I am interested in helping voice act. Let me know what you need done. I am male and have played this game numerous times and believe I may do well as Hisao as I can relate to him and have emotion with it, but I am also willing to try and attempt someone else as well.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

GiovanniZeko wrote:I am interested in helping voice act. Let me know what you need done. I am male and have played this game numerous times and believe I may do well as Hisao as I can relate to him and have emotion with it, but I am also willing to try and attempt someone else as well.
Send him a sample audio clip of yourself to him.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

GiovanniZeko wrote:I am interested in helping voice act. Let me know what you need done. I am male and have played this game numerous times and believe I may do well as Hisao as I can relate to him and have emotion with it, but I am also willing to try and attempt someone else as well.
I need to send me your audition, you can PM it to me or, or post it in the comments.
Nelsonngyn0

Post by Nelsonngyn0 »

WANT!.. to help with this project.
Though they've put the effort into it, Katawa Seiyu isn't my cup of tea.

I have always wanted to be part of some fan work, so I'd be thrilled to voice one of the characters as part of this project.
Though there could be a problem. I haven't finished even one story arch yet, even thought I'm part way through Emi's (which surprisingly is the one you want to do first).
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Alright if you want to help, you can add me on Skype and send me a PM with what character you wish to play.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

As of right we at Katawa Shoujo: The Journey, We need some female voice actors to help us get the main girls voices. Most of the male voices are still open, and I will update the OP as soon as that changes. So if you want to join the project please post a reply with who you wish to try for, and then PM me the audition.

Thanks
~Death
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I've also heard of the Katawa Seiyu project, though I only learned of it after they had done their auditions for characters appearing in Act 1. I'm not entirely sure how they're planning on handling some details however, such as which of the "less significant" choices will be selected for the appropriate videos (it would seem a waste to make two videos where the only difference is a few lines), or whether they intend on having Hisao's VA voice his narrations for everything (because he'd have to be really dedicated to his job to pull that off).

For a while I've floated the idea of practicing some of Hisao's lines as a sort of side project to other voice acting work I've done, though I'm definitely not skilled enough to do the more emotional scenes just yet. But taking an in-depth look at the game's dialog really showed me just how big a project this would be - hundreds upon hundreds (or in Hisao's case, thousands) of spoken lines for each of the major characters, even if you actively avoid the various bad endings, and of course you have to make sure the VAs perform their parts convincingly like others have already said. It's awesome that so many people in various places want to make this kind of project a reality, but I think it would seem silly to attempt it without recognizing the scope of it. This is directed not just at the OP (who I think might understand already) but also at anyone else who wants to get involved. Having said that, don't let that discourage you if you are really dedicated and willing to contribute. Again, this would be an awesome project to see completed.

As for me, I submitted a Hideaki demo to Katawa Seiyu for some feedback, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I don't remember if this site has a rule against posting direct links to, say, a Soundcloud page, but I'm trying to see if I can pull enough of a "teenager" voice for someone like him.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I'd be interested in this, I think.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Caden Tiksaril wrote:I've also heard of the Katawa Seiyu project, though I only learned of it after they had done their auditions for characters appearing in Act 1. I'm not entirely sure how they're planning on handling some details however, such as which of the "less significant" choices will be selected for the appropriate videos (it would seem a waste to make two videos where the only difference is a few lines), or whether they intend on having Hisao's VA voice his narrations for everything (because he'd have to be really dedicated to his job to pull that off).

For a while I've floated the idea of practicing some of Hisao's lines as a sort of side project to other voice acting work I've done, though I'm definitely not skilled enough to do the more emotional scenes just yet. But taking an in-depth look at the game's dialog really showed me just how big a project this would be - hundreds upon hundreds (or in Hisao's case, thousands) of spoken lines for each of the major characters, even if you actively avoid the various bad endings, and of course you have to make sure the VAs perform their parts convincingly like others have already said. It's awesome that so many people in various places want to make this kind of project a reality, but I think it would seem silly to attempt it without recognizing the scope of it. This is directed not just at the OP (who I think might understand already) but also at anyone else who wants to get involved. Having said that, don't let that discourage you if you are really dedicated and willing to contribute. Again, this would be an awesome project to see completed.

As for me, I submitted a Hideaki demo to Katawa Seiyu for some feedback, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I don't remember if this site has a rule against posting direct links to, say, a Soundcloud page, but I'm trying to see if I can pull enough of a "teenager" voice for someone like him.
I am well aware that the task that I have undertaken is a huge one to be sure, but like I said in a previous post, this VN has changed that way that I live my life, I want to do this because it is such a large undertaking, I feel I owe something back in a way.

As for the link posting, You can always add me on skype, or PM me to a link where you have uploaded the audition on a third party website.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Zykes wrote:I'd be interested in this, I think.
If you wish to join you can always add me on skype, or pm me with your audition, at this point in time we could use all the help that we can get.