In Kenji's Eyes

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oreo-Head

In Kenji's Eyes

Post by Oreo-Head »

For my first post,, I decided to do a quick story in Kenji's Point of View. Basically a story of his origins, and how got all crazy, etc. etc. TAKING PLACE A YEAR BEFORE the main story of Katawa Shoujo starts. This is kind of a spoiler if you haven't read all of Kenji's route. There is also some mild erotic stuff. I know Kenji was different a year before he met Hisao, but hopefully Kenji is not TOO out of character! Knowing how humorous the encounters with Kenji are, I decided to keep that part of him in this fic. There are also some mild erotic stuff.. SO, enjoy ~~!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Kenji's Eyes

"I could have sworn that I sealed my jacket air tight today. I guess I was wrong." I thought to myself, as the autumn breeze finds its way through the openings in my green blazer.

My body shivers and I exhale into my palms in a flimsy attempt to raise my body temperature. Upon doing so, I accidentally bring the girl in my arms closer to my body. Her warmth a much better suited weapon against the autumn chill. Her face is close enough for me to see that she is smiling. I can honestly say that this is a mistake I didn't mind making. I smile back. We walk down the stone walkways outside of Yamaku High. I hear our footsteps on the still cement, tapping in perfect rhythm. I feel the afternoon sun trying to cover us in warmth, like a golden blanket, with no effect. It seemed like a scene straight out of the movies, something too perfect to be real. A sudden question pulls me out of my thoughts.

"What are you thinking about Kenji? Anything wrong?" she asks. I can feel her eyes observing my blank expression.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just trying to take in the nice weather." I say, smiling towards her.

"It's too cold to say that!" she says. I can hear the smile on her face.

"Well, I for one, like the cold." I say, twirling her hair around my fingers.

The hair around my fingers unwrap themselves, and continue to dance with the wind, as the head they belong to turns to me. I assume that she didn't expect me to say that. Her surprised tone proves it.

"Really? Why?" She asks. I can still feel her eyes looking at my face.

"Well,.. I actually don't know why I said that.. Maybe, I did so to keep her from worrying.. Maybe, the question caught me so off guard that I didn't have time to think of something.. proper to say." I thought to myself.

The feeling of being watched returns to me, and realize that her question was still without an answer. I blurt out the first thing I can think of before her words were carried away by the wind.

"Because it gives me a reason to hold you like this." I say. I tighten my hold around her waist and offer a cheesy smile.

She gladly accepts this gesture. She leans her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"Kenji.. I'm your girlfriend. That's all the reason you need." She says. I see small bursts of air floating out of her lips as she giggles at my logic.

"Of course.." I say. My cheeks are now tinted with red. "I guess that's also why we're going to get some hot tea together?" I ask nervously.

"No..," she begins with a peaceful voice.

I brace myself to hear news that would be like a punch in the gut, or some other serious matter. Instead, in a soft animated voice, she says,

"..it's because it's cold." A sudden burst of laughter spreads through the empty Yamaku air, with no one else to hear it but the bare tree branches and I.

I groan. "You know, it really sounded like you were about to say something serious! You really do like messing with me don't you?" I ask as stern as I possibly can. She's still giggling under her breath. I can't stay mad at her but I try my hardest to.

With an effortless swing of her body, she positions herself in front of me. Without warning, she pulls me in. Her lips washing away all signs of my annoyance, and replacing it with a passionate warm feeling. My eyes lazily slide shut. I soak in the taste of her delicate lips. It was like I was sent back to that perfect scene straight from the movies. My legs feel weak, but I manage to keep them straight enough to support my body. As quick as it came, the kiss fades away as she pulls back. Her arms are still around my shoulders.

"Sorry about that.," she whispers. "I just think it's cute when you get all mad and stuff.. The tea shop is in the town at the bottom of the hill. Have you been there before?"

"No. I haven't." I say. Bliss, obvious in my voice.

"It's really great." she says.

"Okay. Let's go then." I say. I am still intoxicated with ecstasy, but I'm sure she knows that.

We walk past the front gates of the high school with not a single student in sight. It is afternoon on a Saturday after all and everyone is probably dealing with their own business. As for me. I'm on a date, with my girlfriend, to a tea shop.

The entire walk down hill was a silent one. Neither of us minded. She's just giving me time to regain my composure. It isn't the first kiss we shared.. but it was just so unexpected. Weird really. I wave away the thoughts, as she stops walking.

"There it is!" she says with her usual cheerful voice.

We enter the tea shop. It must be really crowded in here. It certainly sounds like it. I hear her greet other girls. They are talking about teachers at Yamaku.. Teachers, I have never heard of. Weird.. She guides me to a table, and we take our seats.

With all of these thoughts poking at me, I decide to ask her about it.

"So.. who were those girls back there?"

"Just classmates. What would you like? They have really tasty cakes."

I begin to think again, "It really sounds like she's trying to avoid the topic.. This is really weird.. no Kenji! YOU. are weird! You can't even put on a blazer right, and now you're assuming all of these crazy ideas! Shut up and order some tea!" I shrug off my thoughts.

"I'll just take some tea please." I say.

"Okay!" she says. She calls for a waiter. Service must be really good here. Even with the large amounts of customers, the waiter arrives just a short while after being called. She gives our orders to the waiter. A woman's voice replies with an,"I'll be right back."

I try to take in the most of my atmosphere, using all of my senses except for sight. I need to take my mind off of these,.. weird ideas. However, my date had other plans. She tugs at my sleeve and I look up at here general direction.

"Kenji,." she begins in a calm, teasing, voice. I slightly turn my head, making it easier for her words to enter my ears.

"After, this little date.. I think I want to do something else."

"OH GOD. WHAT THE!? IT CAN'T BE! WHAT! I CAN'T EVEN THINK STRAIGHT! I'm,.. I'm totally Over reacting. Calm yourself Kenji." I send a grin across the table. My very awkward excuse for a poker face.

"Well,. what is it that you.. have in mind?" I ask. I wonder if she can sense the hesitance in my voice.

She giggles. She brushes a finger on my hand, and it almost sends my straight body posture down to the floor. I manage to stay on my chair. I am a deer caught in her headlights.

"Let's Fu.."

She stops suddenly. My poker face shakes as I breathe out pure relief. The waiter has arrived just in time. I reach into my wallet, for a note. It won't really matter the amount. I am forever in debt to this woman. She's allowed me some time to regain myself and think while she sets down our orders.

"KENJI!! SHE.. SHE.. SHE WANTS IT! She has never acted like this. I.. I got it! I will need to.. INVESTIGATE.. For my own good. I must do what is needed to be done.."

As the waiter leaves, I decide to continue what was interrupted.

"I don't really think I'd want to drink this tea anymore. Let's go back to campus." I offer. I tried to make my voice as smooth as possible. I tried to be the "ladies man" I can never be. It must be done.

My act works. She takes the bait, as she willingly agrees. I hear her chair dash back.

"My god! She's litteraly jumping out of her seat! She's.." I don't get a chance to finish my thoughts as she grips my arm. I only barely manage to drop the money note on the table. I feel like a kite being toyed with in the wind.

We reach the high school way too quick. At least for me. I do not know what I got myself into, I do not know if I am ready, but I do know that I need to find an answer to my questions. Why is she doing this? She guides me through countless turns and corridors before we reach the destination. It is too dark for me to see. The sun has fled, leaving me at the mercy of this girl. I search the silence for answers. The girl gives me one.

"We're at a little shed near the track. No one will find us.. doing it here." she whispers.

I'm not sure if I'm sweating because of all the running, or if the entire situation is just way too much for me. She guides me into the shed. I reach out into the blur with my free arm. I feel, balls. Tennis balls. We must be at a supply shed, and where there is a supply sheds, there are also.. mats. I knew it. She wants to.. do it! I feel the tip of my left shoe bump into something soft. It must be the.. mats. She sits me down on one.

"Lay down.." she says.

I do as I am told. The mat felt cold under me. In the near moments however, they will heat it up. I just know it. I hear her feel for something in her pockets.

"Don't worry, I'll put this on for you." She says.

"Put what on?.." I thought. The silence is broken by a quiet but significant sound of a zipper being unzipped. My zipper to be exact. "A condom? A freaking condom? Has she.. planned for this?"

"Hey..unf" I try to ask her, but the feeling of her cold hands makes me gasp. I try again. "Have you planned for this?"

"Mhmm." she says. I look up at her. It is only now that I realize, the green body that I was looking for is now, bare. She positions herself on top of my groin. "I'll do it. Just relax okay?"

Suddenly, movement.

"Oh.. God.. What.. The.. Oh.. God.. What.. Oh.. My.." My thoughts race around, thinking of.. I don't even know anymore. I lay there, without my pants with a girl, on top. I'm not going to lie, it feels, amazing, but, I'm really uncomfortable. She planned this?.. I still don't understand." I'm reaching my breaking point. I lost track of time. I'm just letting whatever happen right now. Finally, I reach climax. She falls next to me. I look at her. My heart punches my chest. My lungs feel like they have expanded more than they should. What's happening to me. The gray blur all around me begins to fade to black. What's causing this.. was it the.. "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD." I stand up as fast as I could. I ignore her questions as I pick up my trousers. I didn't even bother to put them on. I needed to get out of the shed. I collide with the rack of several balls, but I do not stop. I charge at a thin line of bright light. This must be the door. IT HAS TO BE. I fall out into the open. I crawl to my feet. I hear her calling my name.

I run through the darkness. The grass tickling my feet. I have figured it out. "She.. she.. she tried to off me. I almost died in there. Everything was planned! I bet those girls at the tea shop were in on it too!! And. ANd those teachers they were talking about.. Code names for, other nasty, and vile plots against.. me! But why?! I'm just a guy.. A.. Guy? Now that I think about it.. she.. doesn't have any guy friends.. at all. I was not her boyfriend.. I was a target! I'm an idiot!!

I race towards the campus, its lights being my only sense of direction. I need to do something! I can't let this happen to anyone else! I will never be played for a fool again. Especially by some.. some.. FEMINIST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yes! That was "IN KENJI'S EYES" Hope you enjoyed(: Feedback, and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated! <3
What are these even for ? lol.
griffon8

Re: In Kenji's Eyes

Post by griffon8 »

Finally, a Kenji fic where Yuuko wasn't his girlfriend. I never liked that bit of fanon.

Your grammar is good, the story flows well, and it accomplishes your objective of showing a transition from a Kenji of old to the Kenji we know. It's not great literature, but you show promise. Keep it up and you will get better.

I suppose the only major grammar issue is that an ellipsis consists of three dots, not two.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Great story. I could easily see this happening. :)

Is the girl someone we know about or just some random girl? :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

OtakuNinja wrote: Is the girl someone we know about or just some random girl? :)
Don't know if it's intentional, but I was thinking it was Emi.

You know, she does mention another boyfriend she had before the start of the game...
Not Dead Yet
Oreo-Head

Post by Oreo-Head »

It's just some random girl. I tried making her as vague as possible and still relevant to the story, so adding a bit of personality was needed lol
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Oddball wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote: Is the girl someone we know about or just some random girl? :)

You know, she does mention another boyfriend she had before the start of the game...
Emi is everyone's ex-girlfriend. :lol:

In the beginning I thought of Iwanako, then I thought about Misha, and in the end I thought about Emi. :)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Oddball wrote:

Emi is everyone's ex-girlfriend. :lol:

In the beginning I thought of Iwanako, then I thought about Misha, and in the end I thought about Emi. :)
Wow. Kenji really gets around. :lol:
Not Dead Yet
magzh

Post by magzh »

hmm I thought that Lilly was his ex-girlfriend. He kind of hates her, he kind of felt sorry for bumping into her and she is angry at him as well.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

magzh wrote:hmm I thought that Lilly was his ex-girlfriend. He kind of hates her, he kind of felt sorry for bumping into her and she is angry at him as well.
There are explanations for that, if you've completed all the routes. His ex isn't Lilly. :) SPOILER: Kenji's ex apparently liked to bowl in the dorm corridors. :lol:
magzh

Post by magzh »

OtakuNinja wrote:
magzh wrote:hmm I thought that Lilly was his ex-girlfriend. He kind of hates her, he kind of felt sorry for bumping into her and she is angry at him as well.
There are explanations for that, if you've completed all the routes. His ex isn't Lilly. :) SPOILER: Kenji's ex apparently liked to bowl in the dorm corridors. :lol:
hmm considering that Lilly can cook food and make tea without killing herself, play bowling in the dorms is gonna be piece of cake for her as long Kenji would show right direction ^^
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

magzh wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
hmm considering that Lilly can cook food and make tea without killing herself, play bowling in the dorms is gonna be piece of cake for heras long Kenji would show right direction ^^
But it doesn't fit her personality. ^^'
Oreo-Head

Post by Oreo-Head »

The ex girlfriend is whoever you want her to be. When I was writing this, I didn't have any of the characters from Katawa Shoujo in my mind, other than Kenji. I'm writing another fic though, hopefully the characters are clearly explained in that one lol