Question For Everybody

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eclipse

Re: Question For Everybody

Post by Eclipse »

Ohoho, I'm planning to try art and do Emi's running program this summer.
30 minute running, nonstop?
Ohoho... Wish me luck.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

The first play through I got Emis bad ending. I got depressed as hell, couldnt sleep that night (had to work the next day so couldnt go through it again) and was irritable at work the next day. Didnt feel better till I got home that night andd played through to her good ending.

Im always depressed to a degree. However since I got to playing KS, it has become a little more deep because its made me think about my life and how little Ive done with it so far. I still havent really decided what I want to do with my life even though I am 26. I'm still living with my father because I don't have the money to move into my own place. Yeah....I'm at a real great place in my life....

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

Depressed at my current state.
Angered at how I used to be.
Eager to get out of my current state.
Happy with myself for being willing to better myself.
Utterly enthusiastic about my motivations and possibilites. (I still have the rest ofmy life.)

In short: hopeful and thankful.
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
Felgenhauer

Post by Felgenhauer »

Oogy wrote:Depressed at my current state.
Angered at how I used to be.
Eager to get out of my current state.
Happy with myself for being willing to better myself.
Utterly enthusiastic about my motivations and possibilites. (I still have the rest ofmy life.)

In short: hopeful and thankful.
I feel the same way. I feel like how I used to live is nothing compared to the way I can live. We've all got potential, and the ability to strive and succeed at what we do. KS has really inspired me, not only to be a better person, but also just not to settle in life. I'm just so enthusiastic about everything. I just want to better myself in any way possible.
Favorite Routes:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Rin
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

It's been like 2 1/2 weeks, don't feel depressed as much. Went an played through Rin's route again (bad idea) and I cried like 3 times o3o. But the good thing is now I'm more interested in art and I'm drawing a lot now, taking advanced classes next year :3 Only been drawing for a couple days, and I've done these so far:

TheTrueCole

Post by TheTrueCole »

Boggs wrote:Did anyone else feel kinda.. depressed after finishing the novel? I got 100% and all the endings in about 4 days, playing for an unreasonably high amount of time (10 hours a day >_>) and I just feel like life sucks. I usually feel like this after finishing other good novels, but I think it'll take longer to wear off as I went through each arc at least 3 times (besides Lilly's) and I just feel sad. Hopefully this will wear off in a day or two. I'll post a status report on this thread tomorrow at around the same time. I'm going to try to stay off KS until then and hopefully I won't feel so down. Just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way. The reason I finished it in 4 days i because I'm on Spring Break and downloaded KS on Saturday night. I usually try to keep anything nude off of my laptop but this is my one exception (parents can check it any time I'm not on it) because this is the first time I've read a visual novel like this where you pick your path (kinda) and can get a whole bunch of extras. I watch the cinematic scenes a lot more than I should (watched each of em twice today when I was doing nothing) and I don't know why. No suicidal thoughts BTW, not that kinda person.
I'm sorry, I had to.
Attachments
Ya don't say.png
Ya don't say.png (17.81 KiB) Viewed 6801 times
Forgetting KS is like trying to ignore a kanker sore on your tongue. One does not, simply.
Slayermaster

Post by Slayermaster »

Hm, I'm not exactly sure why KS made me more depressed now that I consider it.

I finished with Rin's good ending, and it seems only after that did I start to slide down hill. Maybe it was because it was over, and I wish it was still going. Brought up a lot of thoughts I suppose, but atleast I'm getting help.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Boggs wrote:It's been like 2 1/2 weeks, don't feel depressed as much. Went an played through Rin's route again (bad idea) and I cried like 3 times o3o. But the good thing is now I'm more interested in art and I'm drawing a lot now, taking advanced classes next year :3 Only been drawing for a couple days, and I've done these so far
Very nice! Did you draw those in art class or somewhere else you should have been taking notes instead? :p

If you do any more, post 'em in the fanart section! I love Rin riding angry Hisao!
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

metalangel wrote:
Boggs wrote:It's been like 2 1/2 weeks, don't feel depressed as much. Went an played through Rin's route again (bad idea) and I cried like 3 times o3o. But the good thing is now I'm more interested in art and I'm drawing a lot now, taking advanced classes next year :3 Only been drawing for a couple days, and I've done these so far
Very nice! Did you draw those in art class or somewhere else you should have been taking notes instead? :p

If you do any more, post 'em in the fanart section! I love Rin riding angry Hisao!
Yeah, I draw during History and English, my 2 least favourite classes o3o
And most of the drawings I've done are just drawings of the characters of anime of other fan art things, like Rin riding Hisao's back and the one with Rin on the roof. I'll be sure to try some fanart, though I'd want to get better at not making everyone look derpy in all my drawings.
Asinhk

Post by Asinhk »

I felt a little bit sad and depressed after it was all well and done, but despite the bad endings I generally was uplifted by all the stories and felt re-inspired after a long stretch of bad news/events that really shook me up all last year. It made me re-examine my life, my priorities, and especially how I treat other people, and I guess it's all for the better now.
"Bernard. I would like to make one thing quite clear. Sir Humphrey is not God."
"Yes, Minister. Do you want to tell him or shall I?"
From Yes Minister
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

I think it's for the better. It helps you find that, you know. Piece of you that's missing.
I believe everybody has these feels.
Quoting myself because I'm too lazy to write down my story to see if you can identify with the post-KS depression :)
Meh wrote:Hello. You're not alone.
You know, I've never had problems with my body (Except my height, which I usually try to avoid talking about). My family has a tendency of height problems during childhood, followed by a very painful growth of muscular mass and bones. And for some a weight problem too, but luckily I didn't get it. Not eating healthy and staying up on videogames all day was, according to a height/weight test I did during class, leaving me on my IDEAL weight. I could have become underweight if not for those factors. Crazy metabolism.
But the problem was not my body; It was my mind. The shitstorm of feels I got after finishing Emi's route didn't make me think about exercise for a while. It made me think the usual "Nooo, she's not real, fuck, what have I done in 6 hours etc etc". I got very depressed and angry at myself for staying on video games all day instead of "living" like Hisao did. I spent the next 3 days thinking: Lots and lots of thinking.
On the day after a camping trip with my peers, I went home after a night of being pissed off at myself for not having danced at the party. I've never felt like that before: Suddenly, I was re-thinking everything: Maybe school isn't just for learning and sleeping, or chatting with some friends during lunchtime. Maybe I can enjoy myself there, with those people.
After lurking these forums for a while, I found Couchto5k with Emi on a person's signature. I clicked it, analyzed it.
Then I went to play Mafia II.
The moment I was almost putting the disc in, I thought "What the fuck am I doing now? Won't I do anything to change this?". After some seconds of thinking, I made maybe my most important decision in this month, maybe even this year, I don't know yet. I left the disc lying there for the dust to take, and immediately went to the local park, to try running. I never did run much before that, and when I did I got tired as fuck.
I am addicted to running now, and I am doing so much better. Maybe it wasn't Emi who inspired my running; But it sure was Katawa Shoujo. I don't know what this game does, but it made me rethink everything I done until now. It gave me depression and then enlightned me: All that time lying around crying was sure worth it.
I keep thinking what would happen if I didn't go running that day. It, for me, was the only opportunity I ever grabbed in my whole life. How much time have I lost playing videogames? Did I waste time playing KS? Certainly not. It makes me think: If something so little such as putting a game on a tray could've led me to an even worse stage of depression that day if not for saying "fuck it" and going running, what have I done and didn't even noticed that made me a worse or better person?
Let's say this was a few weeks ago. I feel really better now. The feels will be gone, but the learning will stay with you forever! :mrgreen:
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Yeah, after playing it through in 3 days with about 16 h/d, I was a tad depressed. Lilly's ending, even the good one, made me especially depressed because I've had a similar experience in my life, only with me being the leaver and there not being a chase scene and all fine scene. Interestingly enough, the girl who this happened with had knee prosthesis. Even though you couldn't really tell simply by looking at her, it made me relate to Katawa Shoujo even more.

But now, almost two weeks later, the "feels" are gone and all that's left is memory of a good story and experience. So technically, it's just a phase :)
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

I experienced similar feels and I thought about it, especially because I ended up "empathize" with Hisao in almost every situation.

This is the magic of KS... call it simply a game is an understatement: in my opinion it is an experience of life, something halfway between dream and reality.
I mean, Hisao and the others may be fictional characters, but their psichology, their inner growth and each of their feelings are so real that they can come up to our heart and give us an extraordinary intensity of sensations and feelings. They are real, and realistic are the descriptions of how disability is experienced by those directly involved and how they are perceived by "normal" people. Hisao is able to overcome prejudices and piety, towards himself and towards other students. His eyes open and our with his.

Sorry for my poor english and for the psychological aftertaste of my post! :wink:
Royale

Post by Royale »

I didn't feel depressed; but, from what I heard, feeling that way isn't exactly abnormal after playing KS.
Favorite routes ;
Rin > Hanako = Lilly > Emi = Shizune
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I felt hella depressed. The first wave of depression came near the end of Rin's route. It was the scene where she had came to Hisao's room after walking in the rain. The second and final wave came during the credits of Hanako's arc. I had saved her for last and it didn't hit me that the experience was mostly over until the credits rolled.