Ending Credits bug

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Steve McQueen

Ending Credits bug

Post by Steve McQueen »

I just managed to finish my first path last night. After I finished up the Lilly good end, the game just cuts straight back to the main menu. There aren't credits or any other event. Just the path's closing lines and right back to the main menu. I was too tired to mess with it last night, but I noticed I was also missing the final CG scene under Lilly's section. Which I found out today that this is likely because of the credits bug.

I did some quick searches on this forum looking for a possible solution, but all I ran across was a similiar problem with the demo. I never experienced this issue in the demos personally though. During my run through the full release, I did not encounter any other issues or crashes.

I ran the game on an xp system. So I'm hoping some of you folks could give me a hand solving this issue. I have not tried a redownload or reinstall yet.
Juno

Re: Ending Credits bug

Post by Juno »

In Lilly's good end there is an epilogue after the credits themselves, so I understand your game was cut short right after Lilly showing up at the hospital without the credits showing after that?.
Steve McQueen

Post by Steve McQueen »

Yeah I played with it some after I first posted the thread. I clicked through the final chapter manually a couple times, and it kept doing the same thing. Right after the closing line, it would kick me straight back to the main menu. I ran the final chapter just a few minutes ago on all skip mode, and that made the credits engage followed by the epilogue. So I guess that fixed it. Had I knew it would be that simple, I wouldn't have made the post. But I guess if some other people have the same problem, they can consult it.

I was careful to make sure that I wasn't clicking too fast as to skip the credits. It just wasn't starting, but skip mode did fix it.
WhatEvers

Post by WhatEvers »

i already finished the game and no problems but i was wondering if i downloaded the full or just act 1, i torrented the link for full game but i finished it in a little more then 8 hours but the only character i realy delt with was emi not any of the others. did you something wrong or am i not getting the whole picture here?
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

WhatEvers wrote:i already finished the game and no problems but i was wondering if i downloaded the full or just act 1, i torrented the link for full game but i finished it in a little more then 8 hours but the only character i realy delt with was emi not any of the others. did you something wrong or am i not getting the whole picture here?
Beating the game with Emi in 8 hours sounds about right. (I was around that same mark, 7h45m or so.) In order to dock onto the other girls' paths, you need to start a new game from the main menu and make different choices during Act 1. That's how visual novels like these usually work: depending on the choices you make in the game's earliest act or acts, you "dock" onto one of several available paths. The choices you made on your first playthrough during Act 1 landed you with Emi. Depending on the choices you make next time, you might wind up with Shizune. You might wind up with Hanako. It all depends on the choices you make during Act 1.
WhatEvers

Post by WhatEvers »

Benkei wrote:
WhatEvers wrote:i already finished the game and no problems but i was wondering if i downloaded the full or just act 1, i torrented the link for full game but i finished it in a little more then 8 hours but the only character i realy delt with was emi not any of the others. did you something wrong or am i not getting the whole picture here?
Beating the game with Emi in 8 hours sounds about right. (I was around that same mark, 7h45m or so.) In order to dock onto the other girls' paths, you need to start a new game from the main menu and make different choices during Act 1. That's how visual novels like these usually work: depending on the choices you make in the game's earliest act or acts, you "dock" onto one of several available paths. The choices you made on your first playthrough during Act 1 landed you with Emi. Depending on the choices you make next time, you might wind up with Shizune. You might wind up with Hanako. It all depends on the choices you make during Act 1.
thanks for that bit of info but I'm starting to thing visual novels aren't my thing (this is the first one I've ever tried). but again thanks for the input.