Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

I don't know.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Aura wrote:
slagman5 wrote:Ok, I have a question, and I'm sorry if it's been asked, but there are way too many pages for me to read through. But does anyone remember Emi's path very detailed? If I recall correctly, right after the scene where Rin walks in on Emi and Hisao fooling around in bed, is it just me or do we never see Rin again?? If that's the case, what do you think happened to her? I don't think she went to the gallery since according to her path, it was Hisao that kind of convinces her to accept the offer, so if you're on the Emi path, those interactions would not have happened. Do you think Rin is actually sad that Emi and Hisao are together and just simply didn't show it in that scene? Or am I remembering incorrectly and they do encounter Rin after that point?
What happens to other characters in routes that aren't theirs is always a good point of speculation. I think there's a good chance things go like you imagine, but who knows.
Now it makes Emi's route kind of sad... I know in real life, I would have noticed the sudden absence of my gf's best friend and would have made it a point for her to go investigate it to see if everything is alright... But oh well, I guess the story was just trying to stay focused. Poor Rin...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Quick question!

Are you guys (or anyone related) attending this year's comiket 86?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Suriko was there.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
TEALE4LIFE

Post by TEALE4LIFE »

If Katawa Shoujo was shown in a different medium, say a movie or perhaps a graphic novel, do you believe it would be as we'll received as it was, or be as successful? If you do think a different medium would've worked better, what is it?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

No, I don't. KS didn't sprout or something, it was made as a VN.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Xolf

Post by Xolf »

LordMarluxia wrote:I've been wondering, is there an "offical" cover for Katawa Shoujo? Or at least some cover that you would recommend?
I've seen some lying around but they aren't in 300dpi so I'm guessing they are not suited for printing. Some of them look good but I thought maybe there is an official or recommended one.
Here's what the Japanese Act 1 looked like: http://10ch.org/log/11092213250125.jpg

Though it's not an official one, PrimPalver at DeviantArt did a quite nice cover (personally I find the Windows-Mac-Linux header a bit over-busy, and I'm not sold on the font for most of the text on the back, but other than that I like it) and set of CD labels (though sadly he/she misspelled "installation" on one of the disc labels!), start here: http://primpalver.deviantart.com/art/Ka ... -403529043 - there's mention of a 300dpi PDF being available, the link for it doesn't seem to work, but a PM on DeviantArt probably wouldn't hurt.

Another fan one: (high res at least)
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

An early fan favorite as a possible cover from the shimmie, a 'shop from Delta:

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/438
Atario

Post by Atario »

Xolf wrote:I'm not sold on the font for most of the text on the back
I don't know why this never occurred to me before, but I wonder what Japanese font is equivalent to Playtime With Hot Toddies…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Aura wrote:Suriko was there.
Really?

But I didn't see the booth...
...or did I missed it? :(

I'm still having some hopes up for someone to create a KS figma...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Atario wrote:
Xolf wrote:I'm not sold on the font for most of the text on the back
I don't know why this never occurred to me before, but I wonder what Japanese font is equivalent to Playtime With Hot Toddies…
The Japanese font is called VL Gothic iirc.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Megumeru wrote:
Aura wrote:Suriko was there.
Really?

But I didn't see the booth...
...or did I missed it? :(

I'm still having some hopes up for someone to create a KS figma...
Just as an attendee. If we have a booth we announce that kind of thing.
Atario

Post by Atario »

So it turns out Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile, turns out to be H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. Is that just what you guys happened to be able to get hold of for the photo? Or was it chosen on purpose to be a little Easter egg? Or something else?

For reference
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

:shock:

To the best of my knowledge, it's just what we were able to get ahold of for the photo. Good one.

Mumble grumble frikken frakken bleeding writers
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Minor and totally irrelevant question:

Why is Baidu listed as a spider on the "Who's Online" list, when on pretty much all other forums I've been on call it a bot? Is it some sort of developer joke?
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.