Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (Kenji's event, prt. 2)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AntonSlavik020

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (An Eventful Evening)

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

This was fun. I always enjoy strange pairings and Kenji and Miki definitely qualify.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:This was fun. I always enjoy strange pairings and Kenji and Miki definitely qualify.
Thanks! Yeah, not the more usual pairing, but a) I'm not the greatest at making OC and b) they give a special charm to me, idk why! :D
Anyway, thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Kenji is one, if not the, of the best friends I have
There are several ways to make this work. I suggest this one: "Kenji is one of the best friends I have - if not the best."
Today is no excuse,
you probably meant "exception"
and that someone looks like to be me
"seems to be me"
Also a few superfluous or missing "S"s - both possessive and plural and a bit of miscellaneous stuff.

The story itself was a fun little piece, even if it didn't seem to go anywhere - or do you plan to continue it?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Decadent Albatros

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Kenji is one, if not the, of the best friends I have
The story itself was a fun little piece, even if it didn't seem to go anywhere - or do you plan to continue it?
ehmm... it's a one-shot, so probably not. If I wanted to make a longer series, I would probably make it obvious :P
Decadent Albatros

Alright, so this weekend was pretty eventful for those who watch wrestling and, if you're a fan of it like me, things were pretty good! So, I decided to take that excitement and make something productive out of it... and that's how I ended up with this semi-oneshot (there will be 2 parts, I hope) which will just describe that weekend behind the eyes of our little group, made up by Miki, Hisao, Hanako and, the most important piece here, Kenji! Without further ado and hoping that the idea behind it will not influence your view of this fanfiction I present to you: Kenji's event'!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kenji's event, part 1

"Ok... tell me once again: why are we watching this together?"

"Because this IS the biggest event of the summer, unlike that pityful tv show you like!"

"HEY, watch it! Arrow is awesome!"

"Yeah, whatever. Hisao, can you tell me at least that you're looking forward to this weekend?"

"I guess... you are the expert here in wrestling."

"Damn straight! You'll see, you won't regret it! You too, Miki."

"Whatever, I'm here for the asskicking and to see Amel and his amazing figure!"

"Hey, I'm the male in this relationship!"

"Yeah but you lack his phisique~"

She says with a teasing tone, causing Kenji to sigh and Hanako, that was sitting quietly behind me, to chuckle.

"Hisao, I still don't get it. How did Kenji manage to get you involved in this? I don't remember you watching these things!"

Now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure myself how we ended up in this situation. I mean, it's rare that we gather up in our apartment for an entire weekend with the only goal of watching wrestling. If I remember correctly, it all started a week ago during our monthly 'Manly Picnic', which is mostly his excuse to hang out with me, without the girls around us and with booze at hand. During that day, before our minds were clouded by the Scotch, he asked me to watch with him his usual dose of WWE. I was never a fan, but I used to know some people that were big fans and I mostly heared good things from them about it, so I gave in to his proposal. In addition, I know that I almost never make clear decisions under the influence of said strong beverage, so it's of no surprise that we're in this situation. That also, I think, lead to him asking me to spend this weekend with him; little did I know that Miki would come too.
Oh and Hanako... well, she accepted to be here mostly because I would be here, too.

"I didn't, but to be honest it's not that bad. It's like a TV Show, except with more violence and well... I don't kn-"

"Because it's the perfect manly show! Of course someone like Hisao would be attracted by it! After all, he is my buddy in this war against the feminist menace for a good reason!"

"Plus I prefer Kenji to watch this instead of losing his braincells reading trash-tier mangas."

"Are you trying to say that Bleach's trash?!"

I sigh, already knowing the answer to this question. "No Kenji, I'm not saying that. Anyway, wanna eat something before... err, how was it called already?"

"NXT Takeover! Man, you gotta practice in your hearing sk-"

"Shut up, Kenji! Sure, I'm starving after hearing this moron speaking all the frekkin' time!"

God bless you, Miki.

The dinner goes pretty uneventful, with Kenji mostly talking about the future shows and letting us know what to expect, what should be the good matches and so son. He seems to be pretty passionate about it, so I try to at least act like I'm interested in it; I don't know if I can say the same about Miki, which is too busy eating the miso soup, and Hana that is finishing her book, 'The Last Wish' of Andrzej Sapkowski. For what she told me, it seems to be pretty good plus it looks like there are some games based on it, so I might as well read them once she's done.

Anyway, as we're done eating we begin cleaning up the table, while Miki and Kenji set up their sleeping bags. The show will be at 9am tomorrow morning so they might as well sleep here, tho if I know anything from our times together, I should consider myself lucky if I get to sleep at all.

Once all the plates are crystal clear and the table is clean, I ask Hana what we should do in the meantime. Luckily for me, she seems to have just the thing for such an emergency.

"We could, ehm... P-Play Smash Bros?"

"Well, we do have four controllers... Fair enough, Smash Bros it is."

Noticing a proud expression on her face, I go and search for the other couple, hoping that they didn't make a mess of the room we gave them or, even worse, started making out. Last time they did, we had to cancel our plans for the night because Miki tends to have a lot of stamina when it comes to these things. Luckily enough, today's no such case and I find them in the room, just as they're done setting everything up.

"Hey, man! What's up?"

"Me and Hana thought that we could play Super Smash Bros, since we do have four controllers."

"That sounds cool, thought..."

"What do you have in mind?" I ask, with a bit of fear starting to well up inside me.

"We could add a stipulation to our matches!"

"Like?" me and Kenji ask in unison.

"For each elimination, you have to take a shot!"

"You know that just two weeks ago you three almost threw up on our carpet, right?"

"Oh c'mon, Hisao! Don't be a pussy!"

I should've known that with her around, such things are bound to happen. I mean, I consider myself pretty good at the game, thought I don't know if I'm good enough to stay sober for the night. I could back off, but then the two would never stop reminding me of it.

Looks like I have no other option, given the circumstances.

"Ok, you're on!"
Last edited by Decadent Albatros on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AntonSlavik020

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (A weekend at Hisao's, prt.

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Hanako has good tastes, though I did play the first two games first(still have to finish the third one). Also, playing SSB by their rules would probably kill me. The only time I won a game was when all my friends killed themselves. :lol:
Best girl

Best route
Decadent Albatros

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (A weekend at Hisao's, prt.

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Hanako has good tastes, though I did play the first two games first(still have to finish the third one). Also, playing SSB by their rules would probably kill me. The only time I won a game was when all my friends killed themselves. :lol:
well, it is Miki, what did you expect? :P :lol:
Sharp-O

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (Kenji's event, prt.1)

Post by Sharp-O »

I do love me some Smash. Just thinking who'd take who... For the sake of argument, let's say it's Brawl.

Hisao: Link, Ike or Marth - Typical 'hero' player.
Kenji: Solid Snake or Captain Falcon - Pure manliness.
Hanako: Kirby, Samus and Ganondorf - depending on how salt she gets, she'll keep escalating her choice until she beats everyone.
Miki: Jigglypuff is her main. And she will dominate.

:lol:
Decadent Albatros

Sharp-O wrote:I do love me some Smash. Just thinking who'd take who... For the sake of argument, let's say it's Brawl.

Hisao: Link, Ike or Marth - Typical 'hero' player.
Kenji: Solid Snake or Captain Falcon - Pure manliness.
Hanako: Kirby, Samus and Ganondorf - depending on how salt she gets, she'll keep escalating her choice until she beats everyone.
Miki: Jigglypuff is her main. And she will dominate.

:lol:
well damn, I should change the goal of this if people like so much the idea of smashbros in Katawa :lol:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I think the average forumite will have more knowledge about Nintendo than about wrestling. :mrgreen:

I've never even played Smash Bros, and I know more about it than about wrestling.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Decadent Albatros

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, I think the average forumite will have more knowledge about Nintendo than about wrestling. :mrgreen:

I've never even played Smash Bros, and I know more about it than about wrestling.
Yeah, well I'm glad that I added that at least to keep some viewers attached to it :lol:
This was very useful, I can't wait to go on with this mini-series! :D
Decadent Albatros

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots!

And now a quick submission of this week's Monday Musing. The prompt was just too good for me to pass up, so there you have it and I hope you enjoy it! Oh and, "All that we have"'s chapters will come by slowly, since I don't wanna rush it and I want to keep the quality high... or at least try to :oops: .
ANYWAY, here it is and as always, comments are very appreciated~!

------------------------------------------

Prompt 1

My head is throbbing, and I have a massive hangover when I wake up. Oh god, what did I drink last night? A quick glance at the bottle of scotch in my hand answers that question pretty quickly. A second glance around the room reveals that I am most certainly not in my room, and by the look of it, not anywhere near Yamaku either. As I get up to wash my face, I see a note with neat handwriting telling me not to forget my pills, with my rainbow cocktail of drugs nestled in the folds of the napkin.

Ok Hisao, breathe. You're not tied up, there are no harsh lights pointed at you and the room you're in is actually pretty nice. The beige walls of my room in Yamaku are gone, and instead I'm in a small yet cozy room with green walls, elegant wooden furniture with a small table with a TV on top of it. The bed is comfortable, with green folds that match my surroundings and with a mattress that feels like it came out of a royal palace in terms of being comfortable.
Next to me I spot an open window that faces the main road of the town under Yamaku's main street. By the looks of it, it seems to be almost afternoon and I can easily spot some elderly people going to the market to buy grocery. Now that I think about it, I'm quite hungry myself since it looks like I've been out of commission for a good while... thought I can't remember what caused this. I have a bottle of scotch in my hand, which is quite disturbing in his own right and my pills are here too, so someone must've cared after me during my deep sleep.

Trying to investigate even further, a sudden headache reminds me of why I wanted to avoid heavy drinking: the hangover. Not wanting to fight the sudden pain, I instead decide to just sit on the edge of the bed. I don't even have to dress up, since I'm already in my school uniform. That by itself is a clue to what could've happen that drove me to wake up in a room who know wh-

Three timid knocks wake me up from my daydreaming. Curious to see who it might be, I speak up and let them come in. The door opens up gingerly, revealing a small yet friendly old lady that has with herself a cup of what it looks like tea. Surprised by this, I decide to shut up and let the lady speak. God knows I need an explanation behind this mess I've put myself in.

"Oh, good. You're finally awake. I was scared that you've might be knocked out cold, you poor thing," says the old lady, putting the cup of tea on the nightstand.
"No need to look at me like that, nor you need to thank me. Instead, you should thank my sweet granddaughter."
"Granddaughter?"

"Yes, thought perhaps you know her as Yuuko, correct? It's quite a story how you ended up here, but I'm not sure if you're in a condition of wanting to hear this story. Do you?"

Well, I'm not surprised - not a lot, at least - that it was Yuuko who brought me here. I mean, after all the times me, Hanako and Lilly come to the Shanghai, maybe she felt the need to repay me for our loyalty as customers? Or maybe it's just her being a kind girl, which also may be the case. Anyway, I quickly let the lady tell the story, curiosity having the better of me once again.

"You see, it was around midnight that she called me on the phone. At the time, I was already half asleep so the ringing of the phone made me so scared. Thankfully, it was just her and she wanted to know if I had a spare bed in my house. The demand made me very confuse, but as it turns out you needed help! She says that you were her friend and that she found you on a bench near the park. She's such a nice girl, gods keep her soul safe."

"Yeah, I'll need to thank her once I'm in the condition to leave. Anyway, how come these pills are here?" I ask with a slight tone of confusion and fear, scared to imagine who might've brought them here.

"Oh it was a worker from your school who came here. As it turns out, your absence was noticed even during these vacations. Your friends must really care about you, isn't that right?"

"Yeah, you're right."

"Now have this, it's a special type of tea I prepared myself. I used to drink so much tea when I was young or when Yuuko used to visit me during her holidays. Thankfully she still visits me, even with how much she works. Anyway, I'll leave you alone now instead of forcing you to hear the ramblings of an old grandma. Take care and drink that tea to the last bit!"

Not wanting to disobey here, I take the cup and begin to drink it. As it turns out, it's pretty damn good, almost as good as Lilly's tea. With my head against the wall and the warm folds keeping at bay the cold wind of the winter, I finally remember who put me in this situation.

When I'm back to school, the feminist will be your last concern, trust me.

That is, if my heart lets me do that...
AntonSlavik020

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (Monday Musing Submission)

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Interesting. These kind of Hangover like stories always peak my interest.
Best girl

Best route
Decadent Albatros

Re: Decadent Albatros' oneshots! (Kenji's event, part 2)

Alright, here is the last part of this two part one-shot that I decided to change its focus since previously it was going nowhere and I figured people might find it pretty boring. Instead, I wanted to challenge myself and change it mid course and I think I kind-of succeeded (the last word is up to you, dear readers/viewers). To be honest, I'm happy with this because now I have more stuff to work with because as it turns out, I'm taking a liking to Kenji x Miki! :D
I hope you like them as much as I do and if not, that you could tell me some tips about where to improve and whatnot. Anyway, I'm done with rambling so there you have it!

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Kenji's event, part 2

Sitting on the couch in front of our TV, with a small table in between where we placed the various snacks and drinks (mostly drinks), we're half an hour in our session of Smash Bros where Miki is beating us by a large margin. Since these sessions are very frequent, we decided to buy a dedicated one-handed controller for our dark-skinned friend so that she too could join us. At first she wasn't interested in this, but Hanako was very adamant about all of us playing this together; she really wants everyone to have fun. Of course, this may have been a mistake since at the moment she's winning by a large margin, surprising both me and Kenji.

That means, of course, that the rest of us was forced to take shots which doesn't help when you're playing a game like this. Luckily, after the first match we decided to change the rules a little bit because otherwise things would end up pretty bad; that's why we settled for one shot for everyone who loses the match.

"Alright, how did you manage to win this time?! Your damage was at 150%! I knew it, you were cheating, since there's no other logical explanation!" Kenji says, with a dose of salt pouring out of his words, probably because so far he lost every single match.

"Oi! Not my fault if you suck at this, even thought you play this every other day!"

"C'mon Kenji, learn to accept that Miki's the best at this out of all of us."

With a sigh, my eye-glassed friend seems to calm down.

"Fine, but this is not the end, woman! And next time, learn to pick someone else instead of the most overpowered characters!"

"Fine, I'll beat your ass anyway regardless of who I pick! "

"Oh really? Bri-"

"I-If it makes you feel any better, Kenji, I think you p-played pretty well."

"Thanks, Hanako. C'mon Hisao, pick your sorry ass Link so we can start this!"

No need to ask me twice; with two fast clicks I confirm my character and we all hop on another match. As the loading screen appears I decide to look around a little bit, both out of curiosity and boredom. My eyes catches the duo of Miki and Kenji that in the meantime put on two very determined faces, almost as if their lives are depending on the outcome of this game. Especially Miki, which again doesn't surprise me in the least.

In fact, this situation describes their relationship pretty nicely, at least in my point of view. They are both very stubborn and fight for their own goals, so in a way they are also two very determined persons. Ever since Yamaku they helped me out a ton, both physically and emotionally but both of them fought their own wars alone; especially Kenji which has reached a long way since his first struggles in high school. Even now, in college, they continue to be my two best friends and those who (excluding Hana) I can rely on the most.

But they still continue to rely only on themselves for their own problems, or at least that's how it would look like to someone else. At this point of my life, I can say that I know them pretty well and I'm sure that it's their own stubbornness and determination that drove them together. One was afraid of those who surround him and almost decided to live a life full of lies; the other had a lot of pent-up rage and no way to release it apart for running. Now they have each other, someone that can bear the other's flaws and that can support them in their worst moments.

To everyone else, when they argue it might be a proof that they're in a bad relationship and that something needs to change. To me, and Hana, those moments are a sign that this couple has a peculiar mechanic and that their relationship it's working. That's why when they insult one another, I don't frown but smile because I'm sure that my two best friends are happy and, to be completely honest, I wouldn't have it otherwise.

"Yo, Hisao! Pay attention will ya?"

"Oh? Yeah, sorry."

"You're ok, man?"

"Never been better, trust me!"