Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Who's your favorite and least favorite character?

Post by Dream »

KeiichiO wrote:
Dream wrote:Regarding Kenji, i think it's important to keep in mind that, feminist paranoia aside, he is a pretty nice if weird guy, and is pretty supportive of Hisao even when he's certain that he interacts with women. In fact i wouldn't be surprised if, in the days he was dating Yuuko, he was vastly more similar to Hisao than one would think.
Agreed.

Wait, dating Yuuko? When was it ever stated that Kenji and Yuuko were dating?? GAH! I'm so confused...
Nowhere it is explicitly stated, but it's so strong in the subtext that most people take it for canon. You can't tell it in one route, but on the fragments involving Yuuko or Kenji in different routes, as well as Act 1 and it's Kenji ending.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Dream wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Dream wrote:Regarding Kenji, i think it's important to keep in mind that, feminist paranoia aside, he is a pretty nice if weird guy, and is pretty supportive of Hisao even when he's certain that he interacts with women. In fact i wouldn't be surprised if, in the days he was dating Yuuko, he was vastly more similar to Hisao than one would think.
Agreed.

Wait, dating Yuuko? When was it ever stated that Kenji and Yuuko were dating?? GAH! I'm so confused...
Nowhere it is explicitly stated, but it's so strong in the subtext that most people take it for canon. You can't tell it in one route, but on the fragments involving Yuuko or Kenji in different routes, as well as Act 1 and it's Kenji ending.
Hmm, interesting. I did see a pic of them holding hands and thought it was rather cute.

But Yuuko quite a few years older than Kenji, right? She has to be in her early-to-mid twenties.
Dream

Post by Dream »

KeiichiO wrote:Hmm, interesting. I did see a pic of them holding hands and thought it was rather cute.

But Yuuko quite a few years older than Kenji, right? She has to be in her early-to-mid twenties.
There is a noticeable age difference, but it's nothing that would raise eyebrows. Kenji's probably around 17 or 18, so that makes the age difference around... 1 to 7 years? Doesn't seem like much.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

What is certain is that Kenji and Yuuko both dated before. Stretch the clues a bit, and you could make a case that it was with each other.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I just wonder where the whole "feminist conspiracy" thing comes from. That must have been one hell of a breakup.

To be fair I've just never been able to find Kenji funny because I worry about him. He has some serious issues that don't seem to be being addressed.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

pandaphil wrote:I just wonder where the whole "feminist conspiracy" thing comes from. That must have been one hell of a breakup.
Nah, Kenji tells it in his bad ending pretty well I think. Basically, he got paranoid about his body shutting down after having sex with his ex and since that experience he became convinced that women must be tempting men like this on purpose so as to sap their life energies in this fashion.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

There's nothing wrong with dating women. Women aren't the problem. Feminists are the problem. There's a difference.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:
There's nothing wrong with dating women. Women aren't the problem. Feminists are the problem. There's a difference.
I forget in which arc he says that. Is it the same arc where he takes off his glasses and you feel immensely bad for him? That scene almost made him one of my favorite characters...Then he put his glasses back on and plotted the end of the feminists. Sigh.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

So I guess Kenji likes his girls submissive then? How boring.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Basically, Kenji states the reason for his conspiracy theories to be the fact he felt tired after sex. Indeed, it makes no sense and I'd agree the guy has issues.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Guest Poster wrote:Basically, Kenji states the reason for his conspiracy theories to be the fact he felt tired after sex. Indeed, it makes no sense and I'd agree the guy has issues.
If you look at it through a crazy person's eyes it makes absolute sense.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Guest Poster wrote:Basically, Kenji states the reason for his conspiracy theories to be the fact he felt tired after sex. Indeed, it makes no sense and I'd agree the guy has issues.
Yeah, it was always pretty weird how Hisao never asks Nurse about Kenji, or how he never expresses any concern on the fact Kenji is really fucked up/delusional. Also, how it seems that Yamaku staff doesn't do anything for him.
pandaphil wrote:So I guess Kenji likes his girls submissive then? How boring.
Not necessarily i think. Hell, there's probably a chance he actually thinks feminist is the word for soul sucking succubus.

Umber

Post by Umber »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
If you look at it through a crazy person's eyes it makes absolute sense.
Pretty sure if you had Kenji's eyes a lot of things would and wouldn't make sense. Being tired after his first sex session, then plotting the end of the feminists?
You have to admire his determination. Or his insanity.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

KeiichiO wrote:Mine is Hanako. I think her route was the most heart-warming/depressing rout out of them all. (Although I have yet to do Rin's.) Her story is the saddest thing I've ever read and it makes me feel sympathetic towards her, despite her being a fictional character. I love her personality, even if she doesn't show much and tends to be very shy and conceals herself. But when you get her to warm up to you and make her smile, it's a very nice feeling and it makes you feel like you've accomplished something. And despite the horrible scaring on her face and body, I think she is the cutest girl in the story. (Runner up being Emi) If I had to choose another, I'd choose Lilly. She's a beautiful character, and her story is almost just as heart-warming as Hanako's. I also like how she turns into a little alcoholic; something I'd never expect from her.
Words out of my bloody mouth. I need to go back and replay Lilly's route and properly compare it to Hanako's, I'm not sure which I truly like better. I think Rin is my least favourite simply because she's way too out there for someone so grounded as me. Then again, I'm planning on completing her route this weekend, so we'll see.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Umber wrote: Pretty sure if you had Kenji's eyes a lot of things would and wouldn't make sense. Being tired after his first sex session, then plotting the end of the feminists?
You have to admire his determination. Or his insanity.
I admire both.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.