Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Hitman3256

Re: Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Post by Hitman3256 »

Looks great! Love it, cant wait to play ^^ I like the fact that it's from Hanako's point of view and we get to see what (you think) goes through her mind rather than Hisao (that idiot).

Only I thing I can think of as being problematic is the camera angle, especially in the beginning of the first level, since everything around her is all transparent blocks it was kinda hard to see where you were jumping and what the exit even was, depth perception was thrown off a bit also. So, if you could make it so that the camera angle (or the direction of the platform) makes it easier to distinguish your surroundings, you'll be golden :)

You have my support on this also!
youka

Post by youka »

Thanks a ton for your support! :D Not all the levels will look like this one, since the game is quite long due to the story, there will be a set of styles for a few levels at a time (if that makes sense?). The videos also tend to make things look a little confusing, but when actually playing it, it's not all that bad. I’ll probably make some changes depending on the feedback I get from the demo after it's posted. Thanks again for your support :)
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Hows it going?
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
youka

Post by youka »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hows it going?
Title screen done now, intro scene is getting there very slowly, lol (been busy and I probably wont be able to work on this much next week). After the animated scene for the intro is done, there'll be a scene similar to the library, but it will take place in Hanako's room instead (more modelling work :( ). But after this, its just level 2 and the library scene, which are both mostly done, then it's on to getting ready for a demo release :D So at least there's something to look forward to. Plus now that the company's first REAL title is underway, time is even more of a problem. But luckily that's a fairly casual project, just like this one, only that it will be generating income and thus be getting a much higher priority (sadly) over this one. Anyway, thanks for posting :) got the thread nicely up to the top again, lol

I'll be posting up a video of the title and the intro scene once they're both ready for presentation hopefully within the next 3 weeks
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Maakasu_Taihaku

youka wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hows it going?
Title screen done now, intro scene is getting there very slowly, lol (been busy and I probably wont be able to work on this much next week). After the animated scene for the intro is done, there'll be a scene similar to the library, but it will take place in Hanako's room instead (more modelling work :( ). But after this, its just level 2 and the library scene, which are both mostly done, then it's on to getting ready for a demo release :D So at least there's something to look forward to. Plus now that the company's first REAL title is underway, time is even more of a problem. But luckily that's a fairly casual project, just like this one, only that it will be generating income and thus be getting a much higher priority (sadly) over this one. Anyway, thanks for posting :) got the thread nicely up to the top again, lol

I'll be posting up a video of the title and the intro scene once they're both ready for presentation hopefully within the next 3 weeks
Sweet sounds good :D

Keep up the good work! and Good luck with this other project.

I am indeed looking forward to this (^_^)
youka

Post by youka »

long time no update? So theres some good news and some bad news. Bad news is that the game hasnt made much visible progress since the last update. Cutscenes are still underway but i havent heard from the guy doing the story in a while so i have decided to continue doing it myself in the meantime. Good news is that this is my last busy week for this month and i have the whole of next month off, so there will be lots of time to work on this again. More good news is that the story has been completely replanned and will be much better than the original rushed version. I might add a small section of it in the fan fics area soon (if i dont get too lazy)

but thats about it for now. Hopefully i can post an update here again soon :)
- -youka
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

You're alive and the game is too, so I'd consider that successful.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Wow, how could I have missed this on the forums? *follows your progress*

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
youka

Post by youka »

Big update today: I’ve never really taken the saying: "always back up" seriously. You could all guess what this means for this game :( but this just means i'll be able to do something even better now. I’m going to recode this game's engine and the game itself from scratch. I’ll be keeping the old resources, but improving on them and replacing them as I go. I’ll also be porting the stable engine to android, meaning this game is going multi-platform.

I've also dropped the idea of doing a demo. I’ll be releasing chapter one hopefully by mid-April and from there, each other chapter (each containing a few levels and cutscenes) will be add-ons for chapter one. At least that way, those interested in this game don’t have to wait forever for the final release. After the whole game is done, i'll do a final release too.
- -youka
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

youka wrote:Big update today: I’ve never really taken the saying: "always back up" seriously. You could all guess what this means for this game :( but this just means i'll be able to do something even better now. I’m going to recode this game's engine and the game itself from scratch. I’ll be keeping the old resources, but improving on them and replacing them as I go. I’ll also be porting the stable engine to android, meaning this game is going multi-platform.

I've also dropped the idea of doing a demo. I’ll be releasing chapter one hopefully by mid-April and from there, each other chapter (each containing a few levels and cutscenes) will be add-ons for chapter one. At least that way, those interested in this game don’t have to wait forever for the final release. After the whole game is done, i'll do a final release too.
Lesson learned the hard way, bro... well, at least you haven't been totally demotivated. :D

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
youka

Post by youka »

mainframe004 wrote:Lesson learned the hard way, bro... well, at least you haven't been totally demotivated. :D
i never get demotivated! :twisted: and more like, at least i still have all the game's resources. it's just the code part that needs redoing and that goes quick. but this is also a nice opportunity to fix up all the previous problems without actually having to go back to find them
- -youka
Maakasu_Taihaku

youka wrote:Big update today: I’ve never really taken the saying: "always back up" seriously. You could all guess what this means for this game :( but this just means i'll be able to do something even better now. I’m going to recode this game's engine and the game itself from scratch. I’ll be keeping the old resources, but improving on them and replacing them as I go. I’ll also be porting the stable engine to android, meaning this game is going multi-platform.

Damn, well as long as u never give up!, hang in there :D.

Keep us updated! :)

A Jug fills drop, By drop
youka

Post by youka »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Damn, well as long as u never give up!, hang in there :D.

Thanks alot man! :D i got like a million game projects all taking off at high speed now, dont even have time to do the site properly. but have no fear, lol, this game won't get lower priority than the others at all. plus it's practically back on its feet again already
- -youka
Maakasu_Taihaku

youka wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Damn, well as long as u never give up!, hang in there :D.

Thanks alot man! :D i got like a million game projects all taking off at high speed now, dont even have time to do the site properly. but have no fear, lol, this game won't get lower priority than the others at all. plus it's practically back on its feet again already

Good to hear :D. Well atleast ur kept busy XD
youka

Post by youka »

Now I find myself back on this topic for a nice big update. Game engine is rewritten and functions better than before, I have a new song composed by Adrian for the title screen which is also near to done (need to do some colouring work) and after a bit of silence, I’ve managed to hear from Lovro again. This means the story side of things will be extra goooood. The title screen is missing one more part that I'll be doing soon and it needs a song that Adrian will be doing soon.

But I have run into another obstacle. I need to model Hanako’s room for the intro scene and I’m totally lost when it comes to the layout :( Throughout the game, I’ve gathered that her room consists of an entrance, beige-coloured carpet, a coffee table with a large cover over it, reaching down to the floor, a window on the side opposite the entrance with two curtains a slightly darker colour compared to the carpets, white walls and a wooden shelf containing her dolls that's placed hell knows where. I’ve even loaded my KS savegame and checked out all the CGs and backgrounds of her room, but it's nearly as if they contradict each other. Here’s what I’ve managed to gather up so far:

The in-game background: Hanako’s room is shown in KS quite a few times (obviously in her route). I’m now speaking of the normal background that shows her bed and the shelving behind it.

CG of her angry face: Yes, the one from that horrible ending. This picture shows about the most detail I'll ever get. From here, I can see the walls, windows, curtains, floor, lighting angle, table and all that is on it. My guesses are that the bed is placed to the left of the curtain with its overhead shelf-thingy.

CG of them on the bed: Now I don't mean THAT scene as all I can see there is the bedding. The one just before it where they're sitting on the corner of the bed, there is a wooden object in the top-left corner of the screen. This is most likely the wooden shelf containing the dolls and so on HOWEVER!!!! The next picture contradicts this....

CG of the shelf itself: Here are two dolls, a book and a jar of stationary sitting on a hanky of sorts. Above are some glass cabinets containing more books and a bowl to the right. Looking at the lighting angle, the light seems to be coming from the left, leading me to believe that the window is situated to the left of the shelf, and the entrance to the room, to the right of the shelf. If it were in fact where I thought it to be in the previous CG, then it would have to be facing the wall, which would be pointless and retarded. Either that, or the window and the door's position are swapped, meaning the window is facing the passage and the door is leading out to the outside of the building from the 2nd floor? Once again, this does not work. The last possibilities are that either the bed is not placed where I think it is, or that the shelf behind the bed is this wooden shelf. But I disagree with the latter, because first off, there would be no gap between the left and side of the shelf and the wall, 2nd, there would be a bed right below it, 3rd, the light would be shining from the right, which totally kills that theory. And the shelf is not placed to the right of the window as the bad end CG shows that there is NOTHING in that corner of the room. Sadly it also shows that there is NOTHING in the only logical place for the shelf to be, unless the shelf is located a little further down and is out of view.

Scar showing CG no. 1: The one showing her back, this is useless, other than to show that the window most likely resides opposite the door.

Scar showing CG no. 2: Uh..... This is most likely no. 1 actually, but who cares. This is the one where Hisao shows hanako his boobs. If anything, this one looks like it was in the tea room and not Hanako’s room. In here there is a table in the middle that seems a little taller than the one shown in the bad end CG. On top of that, there no table cloth either. This one is also somewhat shinier. Next, the windows are half closed by what seems to be blinds (or a large wooden board), which DEFINATELY DO NOT EXIST on her room. There is more than enough evidence to prove this. Also, these windows don't have curtains. There also seems to be an aircon below the window (lol). Lastly, there is a wooden shelf of some sorts in the left corner of the room again, where I had imagined the bed to be. Maybe this scene was originally meant to take place in the tea room, but the devs changed their minds and were too lazy to replace the background and thought, “Hey! Let’s just put this in here and no one will notice! They’ll all be to busy having the feels to care!" I would e guilty of this too as I didn’t notice this either. Next, the lighting doesn't make sense. Look at the window, and look at where the light rays are shining..... HUH?! <-- My reaction XD

Hanako crying on bed CG: This is the one where she’s lying on her bed, sobbing over something I can’t seem to recall right now. I do, however, recall this also being the scene where Hanako is told that Lilly is leaving. In this scene there is ONLY the bed against what clearly seems to be a wall. Judging by my knowledge of beds, I’d say this covers nearly the entire length of that wall, meaning there is no place for anything else there other than the unidentified wooden object (UWO). And since the bed isn’t shown in that much in any of the other CGs, I believe it is located to the left of the entrance (if you’re facing the window).

All other CGs of Hanako’s route doesn’t show enough, sadly.

After all these deductions, I have come to this conclusion:

What do you all make of this mystery? Am I right? And if so, what is that wooden thing in the bottom left of her room supposed to be??? Where is the shelf supposed to be???
- -youka