Better Off Without Me

WORDS WORDS WORDS

boredism

Better Off Without Me

Post by boredism »

I am bored, and lecturer is speaking in a insanely tiny voice that I gave up trying to listen.
So here I am trying to type up something somewhat possibly coherent.
---------------

Lying on a bed facing the sky, where am I? I slowly awaken to the smell of chemicals and sit up. I look around me, but see nothing.
"Your awake!"
I turn to the sound only to notice no one there. What is going on?
"Thank god! I was so worried!"
I turn around, no one, that cannot be, I am certain I heard a voice. I look around ferociously,
"Whats wrong?"
I calmed down and closed my eyes. After taking a few breaths, I organize my thoughts.
"Let me get the nurse."
"Where are I?" I said in a slow calm voice while slowly opening my eyes in hope that I will see someone, something, anything, "Whats going on? Why can't I see anything?"
I hear a subtle crack is the voice, and in an artificially calm voice, "Your in a hospital, your were in a car accident and..." The voice trails off.
"And?" I replied impatiently, there was no response.
Maybe because the sound of pity was annoying me, or the frustration of not knowing, quite possibly both overcame me.
"TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!", I yelled in a loud booming voice.
Silence.
I hear footsteps coming closer and stopped nearby, the nurse must be here.
"Hello, how are you feeling?" a different voice, most likely the nurse's nauseatingly inoffensive voice.
I calm myself down, breathe.
"I can't see, can someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?"
"You got into a car accident and was brought here. You had severe head trauma and it is the most likely cause of your blindness. Luckily, your vision will slowly come back, but not back to what they were originally. Now if you do not mind I need to preform a basic routine checkup," the nurse replied in her flat robotic voice.
As she goes through the motions I try to think back to what happened.
I remember borrowing my parents car and driving around. Then a flash of light approached me. ugh... that is all I can remember.
"I shall go get the doctor and contact your parents, do you have any questions before I go?" the nurse said.
"Not that I can think of." I quickly replied
I hear the nurse walk away.
"Yuuko, are you still there?" I asked the air around me.
"Yes?" she replied.
I turn towards her voice, and said sternly, ""Leave, I never want to see you again."
"But..."
"LEAVE NOW YOU DAMN FEMINIST."
I hear her get up and walk away. She'd be better off not worrying about having a blind lover anyway. I laugh, what have I done. This must be the scheme of some evil feminist group trying to take over the world. What are these tears coming out of my eyes. Those damn feminists.
--------------
The meaningless lecture is finished, therefore so has this piece of writing.
Sorry for the mistakes, bad writing, and possible inconsistencies that may exist.
Dan50

Re: Better Off Without Me

Post by Dan50 »

I'm guessing he thinks they caused this accident. Wondering where this story will go.