Scattered Scenes

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Guestimate

Scattered Scenes

Post by Guestimate »

Whelp, if I'm actually going to contribute something here, I might as well register huh? Anyway, I bet you thought the title was something deep and philosophical didn't you. Nope. It is exactly what it says. I'm fairly good at coming up with scenes, but bad at stitching them together into a coherent narrative. Anyway, this does contain an OC (and, I admit, a bit of an Author Avatar), but he's not going to be walking around angsting like so many do. Though for certain scenes I wanted I had to give him some background drama that I (thankfully) have never had to deal with. ... And I just realized, I haven even thought of a name for the poor guy yet. One more thing; I know nothing of Japanese culture, so I apologize for the misplaced Americanisms that are likely to run rampant. Anyway, enough of my rambling, let's move on, shall we?

Strawberry Bullet:
The bell rings, and class is finally over. I don't mind science, really, but to just jump in to it, full bore, on the first day? Ugh. Not to mention the "Student Council" already trying to pull me in to their ranks. And the embarrassment of trying to introduce myself to the class. I mean really, we're Seniors, is there really any need for that?

Lost in thought as I make my way out, I fail to notice the crowd parting like the Red Sea, and only glance over in time to see what looks like a strawberry blonde bullet coming straight for me. Instinctively, I plant my right foot to attempt to dodge this new threat. *crunch, pop* Oh, that was a bad Idea.
Then the pain hits as my knee buckles beneath me, my cane skittering to the floor. I hiss through my teeth, clutching the abused appendage, and wait for the pain to subside. When I look up, the first thing I notice are the curved metal prosthetics, which lead to legs, torso, and finally a concerned looking face.

"OhI'msosorry are you okay?" She asks. I realize this is the cause of my little mishap here.
I consider a sarcastic response, but the sincere look on her face makes me think better of it. "Yeah, I'll be fine. If you could..." I gesture to my wayward cane.
"Oh, right, of course" she responds, handing it to me and helping me back to my feet (an interesting process, considering she comes up to my chest). "Don't worry, I'll make it up to you!"
I brush this away "Aw, it's nothing really. Just try to watch where you're going next time." I add with a smirk.
"But I want to, pleeeeeease?" Gah! the eyes! I have all the resolve of a bowl of jello...
"Fine, fine" I relent. "But you must only use that power for good!"
"Where would the fun in that be" She give me an evil smirk.
"...Point, So, what are you going to do to 'make up' anyway?"
"Come to the roof at lunch. You get fresh meal with a beautiful girl. What could be better"
Well... There are worse ways to spend lunch.

And there's that. I realize it's a bit choppy. But that one was more to introduce the character than anything else. Most of the scenes I have bouncing around in my head involve Hanako, actually (which I didn't plan on when the idea sprung up) Anyway, it's late now, so I'll leave this here and wait for the booing.
Guestimate

Re: Scattered Scenes

Post by Guestimate »

Rock On

*Thump, step, thump, step...* I walk down the hall, listening to the rhythm my cane produces. I am in a remarkably good mood, which is a surprise to me, considering the whole "new guy" thing. Though I guess Emi, bouncing ball of energy that she is, could lift anyone's spirits. An odd thought stirkes me, followed by eh, why the heck not.

*thump thump step. thump thump step. thump thump step. thump thump step,...* Buddy you're a boy make a big noise Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day..

With the background music in my head playing, I notice a "tap tap tap" from around the corner, followed quickly by a tall, blonde girl. Noticing her cane, and still in a rather silly mood, I pose dramatically and hold mine out in front of me. "En Guarde" I challenge.

... Her face is priceless, and I nearly collapse with laughter.
"Sorry, just being random." I say, collecting myself. While a calm smile has returned to her face. "I'm new here, name's ******"
Her smile quirks up a bit more. "Nice to meet you, my name is Lilly"...

Yeah, I still don't have a name for him...
advicefrog

Re: Scattered Scenes

Post by advicefrog »

SEAMKU, I LIKE THE NAME SEAMKU. IT JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD AND NOW I'LL BE OFFENDED IF YOU DON'T CHOOSE IT.
I don't have a favorite girl, they're all great.
Rika===Saki===Shizune=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Emi