Library/Gallery suddenly wiped + error

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Guest Poster

Library/Gallery suddenly wiped + error

Post by Guest Poster »

Today, starting KS strangely caused it to start in Windowed mode again instead of full-screen mode and when the main menu appeared, all Act sketches were gone and the extras-option was greyed out as if I did a fresh install. Strangely enough, my savegames were still there and loadable, so I loaded one of them, went back to the main menu and clicked on the gallery-option in the extras-menu which was available now. (the savegame was just before the CG of Hanako's empty seat)

Upon clicking on the gallery, I the game crashed and I got this message:
I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

While running game code:
- script at line 725 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 729 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 818 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 819 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy.
- python at line 447 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_code.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\python.py", line 938, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy", line 729, in <module>
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\game.py", line 292, in call_in_new_context
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "c:\Games\Old\KatawaShoujo\renpy\python.py", line 938, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy", line 819, in <module>
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_code.rpy", line 447, in get_completion_percentage
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

While running game code:
- script at line 725 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 729 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 818 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 819 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy.
- python at line 447 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_code.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
I USED to have 100% completion and a full library/gallery/cinema. So, erm, anyone got any ideas where my settings went? Can I still save my completion data or is the only way to clean stuff up a fresh re-install and getting all ends again? :?
Guest Person

Re: Library/Gallery suddenly wiped + error

Post by Guest Person »

This happened to me when I deleted all temporary data from my browser (cache, cookies, etc.). If you've recently gone on a cleaning spree and included those, your hard-saved data was wiped. Your soft saves will remain, so if you have some saves at the beginning of Act 2 for each girl, it shouldn't take too long to blaze through for another 100% completion.
Gamera Ramen

Re: Library/Gallery suddenly wiped + error

Post by Gamera Ramen »

So the save files are included in the Temp folders?
I seem to have managed to do the same thing, without even the saves.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).