-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Doomish

-

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:16 am, edited 20 times in total.
MoonShadow

Re: With Apologies To Harlan Ellison [Spoilers, Gore Discret

Post by MoonShadow »

I don't feel any different from when I told you I hated you. And I still won't sleep tonight.

I hope you understood that I don't really hate you ; I can't since I don't know you. It was all a figure of speech.

I've just read the original story from Harlan Ellison, and I think your story is worse, in the good sense. I mean, none of Ellison's caracther were truly insane, unlike Hanako. Also, it's easier for me to put myself in the place of Hisao than Ted.

I think your story is one of the most disturbing things I ever read, and I am an avid reader of Stephen King and Patrick Senecal, as well as a pretty deviant writer myself.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
Sperance

Post by Sperance »

Oh, it's fine I don't hate you. I mean, it's not like I had planned on sleeping anytime soon. Evil bastard
boredism

Post by boredism »

aww... you took Rin away! Not that I hate her and want to see her suffer or anything, but i think Rin is an interesting character to throw in...
And thank you, this should keep me awake during the lecture...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Creepy…

This kind of story is not normally something I'm interested in. Yet somehow, I want to know what happens next.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I just hope it's not the original ending...
But the setup so far suggests it will be.
Well, I hope I'll be proven wrong.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

Well, I enjoyed reading that. Not sure if that's good or bad. I think I'll look into the original story at some point. Or that point and click adventure game, if it's any good.

I feel the worst about Lilly. She's just... stuck there, and I imagine trying to move at all will be incredibly painful. It reminds me of The Inferno, and how the worst punishment of all is being unable to act.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

myshoesarebrown wrote:Well, I enjoyed reading that. Not sure if that's good or bad. I think I'll look into the original story at some point. Or that point and click adventure game, if it's any good.
You can look on the internet, quite a few sites give you the story. It's a short story, takes 15 minutes to read. Just google "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream story" (be sure to add story, or you'll get only links for the game) and choose the third link. Well, in Canada it's the third link.

Edit : Nevermind the googling, here's the link for you : http://www.surfturk.com/endoftheworld/ihavenomouth.html
-Koth of the Hammer

-An unknown vampire

myshoesarebrown

MoonShadow wrote:
myshoesarebrown wrote:Well, I enjoyed reading that. Not sure if that's good or bad. I think I'll look into the original story at some point. Or that point and click adventure game, if it's any good.
You can look on the internet, quite a few sites give you the story. It's a short story, takes 15 minutes to read. Just google "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream story" (be sure to add story, or you'll get only links for the game) and choose the third link. Well, in Canada it's the third link.

Edit : Nevermind the googling, here's the link for you : http://www.surfturk.com/endoftheworld/ihavenomouth.html
When you're a slow reader like me, it's 30 minutes... But thanks for the link, a fun read. Hoping for a similar ending in this story. Not that I hate the characters or anything, just seems like the best ending for this scenario in my mind.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

Why did I just read this and why do I want to read more?
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

Damn. I had hope that you would allow everyone to survive and beat the voice, unlike Ellison. But after chapter 2, I'm not so sure.

I think you are too hard on Emi in those chapters. Let Misha get some punishment too.
-Koth of the Hammer

-An unknown vampire

Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyrokinesis1019

Post by Pyrokinesis1019 »

Once again, very well written. I suppose I should read the original at some point, since I read the TF2 version you linked to, and am following this one.
Also, I've been reading most of my KS fanfics with music from the game playing in the background, but since this story is a bit... different than most others, I had to scrounge for something else. Turns out that Friendly Faith Plate, 15 Acres of Broken Glass, and I Saw A Deer Today, from the Portal 2 OST fit pretty well with this story.
Keep up the nice work!
myshoesarebrown

Doomish wrote:I step through the threshold. From the beginning, I suspected there was something more to all this than just a malevolent voice that tortured us when it felt like it, and now I have a direct confirmation that I was right. The one thing I never expected, and yet somehow still predicted, is standing beyond the door, in the hallway next to me, with a vacant, blinking expression.
Here, I could have sworn we were going to see Mutou for some god forsaken reason.
Doomish wrote:“Hisao..?” She has enough time to raise her half-awake eyes in my direction before I throw her into the tightest embrace my quivering body can muster.
Here, I could have sworn we were going to see Iwanako, for another god forsaken reason.

Unless the voice ends up being AM or something, I wouldn't be surprised if it were Iwanako. For some reason, I can also imagine it being Mutou.