Handicapped *edited*

WORDS WORDS WORDS

waynoinsano

Handicapped *edited*

Post by waynoinsano »

This is my first time trying to actually write something for others to read. Literature was always my least favorite subject I wasn't very good at it so I apologize for and grammatical errors before hand. I just hope you guys like the overall feel of the story.

Act 1: Lunch evolution theory.

Mutuo wraps up his lecture for the day he says that we’ll be doing group assignments again. I know Shizune and Misha said that they understood that it was too soon for me to have made up my mind about joining the council, but I can’t help but think that group work would quickly turn into them trying to coheres me into joining. All class they’ve been signing back and forth all class sneaking glances at me and then turning away and signing more after they noticed I caught them looking. Maybe I’m being a little paranoid, I’ll blame Kanji’s morning rant for these thoughts. Still I think I’d rather not subject myself to whatever their plans might be for me, plus I should get to know me fellow classmates better.

I tap the shoulder of the Miura who sits in front of me. She turns around in her chair. She has long charcoal colored hair and matching eyes. Taller than average, not quite as tall as lilly but close, with a rather large bust that fit her tall fame well. Her skin is a few shades darker than most people giving her an exotic look. It seams as if she lost her left hand at about the wrist and it was a recent injury seeing as it is still bandaged meaning the wound hasn’t fully closed. She has a wide grin on her face.

“Mind if I join you for the assignment?” I ask her.

“Sure, Hisao right? You can just call me Miki everyone does.” she says with a big grin.

“Ok, Thanks for letting me work with you.” I reply.

I look over my shoulder Misha is frowning and looks disappointed that I’m not working with them. It almost makes me think it should have joined them, then I notice shizune who is glaring at me so intensely I believe I’d catch fire if humans had the ability to start fires with their mind.

“No problem , I’m surprised though I thought you’d be working with your two girlfriends over there, Did you guys break up already?.” she asks me point blank.

“What??” I’m very surprised at that statement

“Come on, you’ve been here two days and most of that time you were with Shizune and Shiina. Now that you grew tired of them you cast them aside and are hitting on me, you sure do move fast.” she has a sly look on her face.

“No, wait , we weren’t!” I’m completely flustered at this point.

“ hahaha” She laughs as loud as Misha making everyone look in her direction, but unlike Misha who seems oblivious to the volume of her own voice Miki just doesn’t seem to care. “ I know, I’m just teasing you. I Just entered this school at the start of the 3rd year, they were all over me for the first couple days too. I take it your not into joining the student council?”

“Not in the least.” I state firmly.

I noticed that we’ve been talking for awhile. “We really should start on the assignment now.”

She reminds me of my male friends from my old school, we use to mess with each other a lot too.

We’ve been working for about 10 minutes and I basically understood the problems until now but this one has got me, must have been from last week lesson before I started here. I ask Miki to borrow her notes to figure out what I missed, but it isn’t much helping she must have the worst hand writing I’ve ever seen I can barely decipher the symbols she‘s printed into her note book. She must have noticed my difficulty or am I making a weird face, I hope not.

“Sorry, about the notes learning to write right-handed is a bitch.” she says in a nonchalant tone.

I see, she wasn’t a righty. I don’t try to follow up on what she said , tact as Yuuko put it.

We finish our work just before class ends. She had me help her on a couple of problems, Usually it’s the transfer student that gets helped out in these cases but I guess she’s not good with this subject.

“Thanks again for working with me.” I roll my eyes over in the general direction of Shizune and Misha which gets a chuckle out of Miki.

“Don’t mention it you helped me too, your rather good at this, I have problems with the equations. By the way those two are eying you I think they plan to abduct you during lunch. You want to eat with me, I’ll protect you from them and you can help me a little more with these problems? “

“Sure.”

We quickly exit the classroom before the student council can get me.

“OUT OF THE WAY!” *thud*

I open my eyes to see a pink-haired girl wearing a gym uniform with blade-like prosthetic legs attached just below the knee.
*thump*..*thump*…..*thump*.*thump thump thump*

Crap, getting full speed head butted in the chest is not a good thing for my heart. I hold my chest and try to control my breathing.

“Jeez Emi you need to learn how to stop on those things….. Hey Hsiao you alright? Miki’s tone changes when she see what I look like.

I take a few breaths and my heart rate returns to normal, luckily.

“I’m fine just winded for a sec.” I try to play it off. I can see that she doesn’t fully believe me.

“You sure your ok?” the other girl asks.

“Yeah fine” I say trying to look normal, but I’m sure I probably look much worse than I’d like to let on.

“That’s good I’d feel bad if I injured you.” She say apologetically ” Miki, don’t forget we have practice today ….Oh! I still need to get the printouts for the teacher!” She takes off again like a rocket leaving me a Miki behind.

After a short trip to the cafeteria to grab some food and drinks Miki leads me to the roof where there are a few benches to sit on and enjoy the view. Seeing as the school is on top of a fairly large hill you can see quite a ways. Mostly smaller hills and trees , there is a small town below the school but other than that it’s completely undeveloped. Growing up in the city the area seems very foreign and I don’t think I’ve seen so much green landscape in my life, not that it’s a bad thing just different. After we sit down and begin to eat our food I decide to start off the conversation.

“Your into sports right? That girl said you had practice after school.” I ask to fill the silence.

“I’m on the track team, it’s not so much I’m into it as I was bored and wanted to do something to burn my pent up energy.” She replies in between bites of her sandwich.

“I see. I’ve noticed that there isn’t much to do after school myself. I’ve thought about joining an extracurricular activity myself, no sports though. “ I leave out why exactly no sports.

“Hey, I know you should join the student council.” she says with a big grin. “ I hear their looking for new members.”

She can’t stop herself from laughing as I give her a looking showing my distain to her statement. I take it she seems to enjoy teasing me.
“Maybe I won’t join an activity after all. I think I’ll stick to grabbing books from the library.” I say trying to ignore her joke.

“you read a lot, Hisao?” she asks.

“yeah, pretty much spend all my free time reading lately.” I answer honestly.

“I’m not into books. Which is why I need you to help me with some of my school work, I can’t really get myself to sit down and study.” She states this as if she’s proud of her underachieving.

“A little quick you as the new student to be your tutor aren’t you?” I decide to throw some teasing her way.

“You seem friendly enough. You don’t mind helping me, right?” A quick response.

“I guess I’ll help you.” I my reply.

With that conversation finished along with our meals we start to review some of the material that she is having trouble with. I’m a little unsure of how much help I can be, but Miki seems like a nice person becoming friends with her doesn’t seem like it would be a bad thing. The bell rings signaling the end of the lunch period we head back to class to finish off the rest of the school day.

I'm hoping my "Miki route" isn't off to to horrible a start. I've got most of the key notes planned just need to roll them all together,
Last edited by waynoinsano on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Handicapped

Post by Mirage_GSM »

One thing: Try writing your stories so that colour coding who's saying what isn't necessary. In your first chapter, I don't think it would have been necessary at all.
Quite a few grammar issues in the beginning, but it gets a bit better towards the end. Maybe ask someone to proofread for you?
Not much to say about the story so far, as it hasn't really started yet.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
waynoinsano

Re: Handicapped

Post by waynoinsano »

I edited it a little and went a little further with the story this time. I don't really have anyone to proof read for me but I looked over it a couple of times before I posted it. I took your advice and ditched the color coding, I thought it would be a good idea to color it to my it more like the VN but it does look better this way after all.