WIP - Emi Platformer - HELP NEEDED

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

SoRonery

WIP - Emi Platformer - HELP NEEDED

Post by SoRonery »

I'm pretty much done with the physics engine, so it shouldn't take too long. There are some things I need, though. I'm not very good at designing levels, so I'll need someone to do that. I also need someone for sprites and menu art. Sound effects are also something I can't do, so I am going to need some help with that as well. For the music I'll probably just use some KS songs unless I came find someone really good.

This is being written in C++, email me at Chronogene@gmail.com if you are interested in helping, have suggestions, or must ask questions.
ManofInaction

Re: WIP - Emi Platformer - HELP NEEDED

Post by ManofInaction »

Hey, I had the same idea tossing around in my head. A Emi platformer with Sonic-styled speed elements.
Sadly, I'm not a programmer or a sprite artist in any shape or form, so I doubt I could help. But you have my interest and I hope you can get this off the ground, it'd be an awesome game.
SoRonery

Post by SoRonery »

That is a pretty good idea, a sonic-clone that is KS themed. Are you any good at level design? If not, I still need an "idea guy" to give me inspiration.

Also, I have someone making Emi sprites. This is going to be the idle animation, how does it look?
Last edited by SoRonery on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

This idea is awesome!

I'm not particularly good at art/sprites, but I can definitely lend a hand with level design. If you need the help, shoot me a message.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

I like the idle animation btw. Looks good.

Very much looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Let me know if you need a beta tester ;)
SoRonery

Post by SoRonery »

It is good to see people interested in this project. I am not going to need any testers, but I will upload a few builds when it gets to that point.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Haha I could see this being fun. Nice start on the sprite!
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

SoRonery wrote:Also, I have someone making Emi sprites. This is going to be the idle animation, how does it look?
Pretty decent sprite, the face just looks like it could use a bit more detail. The pose makes her stomach look a bit too large, if only slightly.

Like the animation overall, though :)
contown

Post by contown »

SoRonery wrote:That is a pretty good idea, a sonic-clone that is KS themed. Are you any good at level design? If not, I still need an "idea guy" to give me inspiration.

Also, I have someone making Emi sprites. This is going to be the idle animation, how does it look?
Really, the only thing I can think of is that Emi isn't blonde, she has darker hair. But that's minor.

A sonic-emi game would be awesome.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

This is like the best idea ever. I don't care how long it takes, I will play this some day. XD
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
jsc_tidus

Post by jsc_tidus »

looks good.. should consider uploading it (when its finished) to the iOS & Android marketplace. Thumbs up!
SoRonery

Post by SoRonery »

jsc_tidus wrote:looks good.. should consider uploading it (when its finished) to the iOS & Android marketplace. Thumbs up!
C++, not flash.
Zombiedude101

Post by Zombiedude101 »

So what's the end goal for these levels going to be? Hisao? And what if you finish the game you get various images from Emi's story?
I support Snoozu.
Userbar made by theartificial.
traitor

Post by traitor »

how about this soundtrack? I always wanted to use this with an Emi level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmBsPJv6cU

The biggest problem I see with a lot of platformers is that it gets too repetitive when all you do is jump, run, and collect coins. Good luck coming up with something addictive that appeals to both KS and non-KS players!

Emi receives an upgrade halfway through the first level; her prostheses is a machine gun that shoots lemons
Rocket-jet legs double jump upgrade
levels that feature 5 of the other main girls as stage bosses;
a library level that turns into a volcano stage where fire erupts from the other side of the screen every 6 seconds and the player must find cover
student council level with cannons, cavalries, and drills.
a cloud level ending with a rooftop duel with Rin, upon her defeat she reveals her true form as the hallway portrait avatar
a car chase level where you jump through a traffic full of trucks and cars and finally catch on to Akira, she is a gun toting mobster that throws molotov cocktails at the player
Final stage: Kenji's room
DarkmasterN

Post by DarkmasterN »

Not gonna lie, this sounds absolutely amazing!!
“No matter what, I just can’t say the things I want. I get really nervous and everything comes out a mess and even I don’t really understand what I want to say. I think there’s something wrong with me that makes it like this.” -Rin Tezuka